Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Besides this thread I can hardly stomach the WR now, I think my first account was 03 or 04 but I deployed and forgot the password, to the account and email around when I had to make this account. I guess I’m saying I’ve watched the WR for a bulk of 15 years and I’ve either changed or it has, its just a lot of trolls at this point and everyone is extreme, mostly just cutting at one another opposed to making points. A lot of people seem to fire out a post and never return to defend their position. And some of the better posters are being shitcanned.

I mentioned it earlier, I guess it is what it is. Maybe the polarity is driven by the political landscape of the current time.

Besides this thread I can hardly stomach the WR now, I think my first account was 03 or 04 but I deployed and forgot the password, to the account and email around when I had to make this account. I guess I’m saying I’ve watched the WR for a bulk of 15 years and I’ve either changed or it has, its just a lot of trolls at this point and everyone is extreme, mostly just cutting at one another opposed to making points. A lot of people seem to fire out a post and never return to defend their position. And some of the better posters are being shitcanned.

I mentioned it earlier, I guess it is what it is. Maybe the polarity is driven by the political landscape of the current time.
I feel ya. War Room is hit and miss. There are some good threads but I can imagine if there wasn’t this pandemic the WR would be worse with all the election stuff.
I first started posting in 2008 in the S&C. Crazy enough that how I found out about Mountain Athlete (military tactical institute now) and still do those workouts. Then I gradually moved and posted in the WR for a bit, gave that up and started posting in the Sports Bar.

Kinda ebbs and flows.

I feel ya. War Room is hit and miss. There are some good threads but I can imagine if there wasn’t this pandemic the WR would be worse with all the election stuff.
I first started posting in 2008 in the S&C. Crazy enough that how I found out about Mountain Athlete (military tactical institute now) and still do those workouts. Then I gradually moved and posted in the WR for a bit, gave that up and started posting in the Sports Bar.

Kinda ebbs and flows.
S&C was really cool a long while back, there were some real characters in there. There was also some decent knowledge. Amongst the goons scaring people away. Eric Brown was one of the more interesting chapters I’ve seen in an online forum, not that I participate in many.

I did like you did though Heavies, S&C, WR, now I glance at the heavies now and then, I like the fight night thread, it’s good for some commentary as I don’t go out to watch the fights like I used.

A lot of people seem to fire out a post and never return to defend their position. And some of the better posters are being shitcanned.
Agreed. Some good threads that turn into 'mud' swinging and flaming. Some get carded and some don't. I think there is currently a new standard for Moderators. They seem to be cracking down hard on some posters. It is definitely a double standard. Three individuals post the same picture of a girl and one gets banned. Go figure. Anyway @RangerDanAndHisBigDogDick, I used to be the guy on post #4053. I took a round in the chest. I have to now keep my posting as clean as @Strychnine.

Agreed. Some good threads that turn into 'mud' swinging and flaming. Some get carded and some don't. I think there is currently a new standard for Moderators. They seem to be cracking down hard on some posters. It is definitely a double standard. Three individuals post the same picture of a girl and one gets banned. Go figure. Anyway @RangerDanAndHisBigDogDick, I used to be the guy on post #4053. I took a round in the chest. I have to now keep my posting as clean as @Strychnine.

I'm no angel bro!

<{yearp}>

S&C was really cool a long while back, there were some real characters in there. There was also some decent knowledge. Amongst the goons scaring people away. Eric Brown was one of the more interesting chapters I’ve seen in an online forum, not that I participate in many.

I did like you did though Heavies, S&C, WR, now I glance at the heavies now and then, I like the fight night thread, it’s good for some commentary as I don’t go out to watch the fights like I used.
That Eric Brown story is kinda crazy. I think the Training Logs offer more substance than the main forum.

I'm no angel bro!
Well, you keep your posts clean and your temper is better than mine. It is a great trait to have. I think it is an Air Force trait from the Air Force folks I've worked with - officers and NCOs. Marines and Army guys are temperamental and have a short fuse! Not all, but a good portion of them...

...I count 2 new moderators. Weird profiles:
Kaybee

-
Kafir-kun

This guy joined after I did in 2017 and went from roughly 18,000 messages to 36,711 overnight. Must have had a previous account.
-
@Strychnine

This guy would make a good moderator...

No way brother! I'm in the War Room way too much! :)

Who served their county's military?

Name your country, your branch and your rate (job and rank), you land lubbers!
USAF
Oct 1987 to Dec 1994
Security Police

Sound off!

Mod Note- This is not the place for politics, this is a thread for veterans or active duty sherdoggers to share ideas, experiences and/or offer assistance. It will be heavily guarded for trolling.

I personally want to thank all you guys who served or are currently serving.

@heavyarms21 Please tell us you know this guy. A Sgt or SSgt Laughlin currently serving as a DI.

Welcome.
Hey mate, just type your information below the quote (outside), not inside of it.
I've separated it for you...
-
USAF
Oct 1987 to Dec 1994
Security Police

* @Strychnine was also USAF. You guys were in at the same time...

Yup! 1987 to 2011 for me. :)

I get that 1200 check on the 15th after my regular check. Its I good thing I don't do shit.

Back