Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

...it will rain like a MOFO on us during the upcoming simulated field ops. Good times.
Good times indeed. Go Infantry... :)
6a00d8341c795b53ef010535d7e340970b-800wi

The Island is getting evacuated recruits and on duty DIs and support personnel are going to GA. Students will be allowed to drive out of bounds

The Island is getting evacuated recruits and on duty DIs and support personnel are going to GA. Students will be allowed to drive out of bounds
I'm at Bragg instructing, been waiting for the call to cancel the final exercise and release students, especially our Florida guys.

Last hurricane caused a decent amount of flooding in central NC. I wasn't here but had friends here in various capacities.

I'm at Bragg instructing, been waiting for the call to cancel the final exercise and release students, especially our Florida guys.

Last hurricane caused a decent amount of flooding in central NC. I wasn't here but had friends here in various capacities.
Robin Sage?

Damn stay safe I just drove by fayettville on my way up to VA.

The Island is getting evacuated recruits and on duty DIs and support personnel are going to GA.
I'm at Bragg instructing, been waiting for the call to cancel the final exercise and release students.
Interesting.
I would think Ft. Bragg, NC, and Parris Island, SC, would have designated locations on post for just such circumstances with students going through 'selective' courses. I would imagine a few days (or one week) for a hurricane. Not sure about how damage and flooding after the storm would affect training conditions. Training has to stop, but not end. You can't end the course and graduate students early (yeah, that would be nice - not happening).

Students would be put in a 'holding' pattern like 'recycles' at Ranger school. Orders extended. I think the best option would be to have everyone moved (bus or plane) to another military location prior to the hurricane for the duration of the course. A real logistical headache. Is there not a plan 'B' in place for these kind of situations for both the U.S. Army and U.S. Marines? Curios to know how different schools handle this situation.

I would figure the SF and Delta boys would 'weather' the storm with a box of MREs, water, and shelter. o_O
* Edit: Add an AM radio and extra batteries.

Interesting.
I would think Ft. Bragg, NC, and Parris Island, SC, would have designated locations on post for just such circumstances with students going through 'selective' courses. I would imagine a few days (or one week) for a hurricane. Not sure about how damage and flooding after the storm would affect training conditions. Training has to stop, but not end. You can't end the course and graduate students early (yeah, that would be nice - not happening).

Students would be put in a 'holding' pattern like 'recycles' at Ranger school. Orders extended. I think the best option would be to have everyone moved (bus or plane) to another military location prior to the hurricane for the duration of the course. A real logistical headache. Is there not a plan 'B' in place for these kind of situations for both the U.S. Army and U.S. Marines? Curios to know how different schools handle this situation.

I would figure the SF and Delta boys would 'weather' the storm with a box of MREs, water, and shelter. o_O
* Edit: Add an AM radio and extra batteries.
It depends on the course, there's also consideration for the instructors and their families. If guys families were not local we'd probably weather the storm with a 30 pack of Coors and a lot of Copenhagen.

@Phr3121 Look at this 7'0 tall infantry officer who just got his tab. He played basketball at Duke and was in the NBA for a couple of years.

image.PNG

@Phr3121 A tiny female Air Force Lt also got tabbed in the same class.

1Auof.gif

Back