Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

It's pretty cool to see some of the Old DI SCHOOL Plaques and gifts from previous classes and see some of my Old Sgt Majs and MSGTs on the plaques as DI school GySgts and SSgts.

Crazy context seen this cool vid floating around the internet . The Unit Leader is a 1st Sgt. He is marching the DIs from his company to a public NJP in another company . Crazy backstory , shit gets real when you don't have self control and legit assault recruits.

Why would Marines march differently at Parris Island? How many styles of marching are there?
Depending on the year , PI and SD Drill Instructors would focus on different corrections or their interpretation of what is in the Drill Manuel . It'll look the same to most people but to Marines that actually pay attention to drill and ceremonies you notice the small details .

Depending on the year , PI and SD Drill Instructors would focus on different corrections or their interpretation of what is in the Drill Manuel . It'll look the same to most people but to Marines that actually pay attention to drill and ceremonies you notice the small details .
I wonder if the schedules are still different. Like they were doing the crucible in second phase on the west coast and we did it less than 10 days before graduating.

I wonder if the schedules are still different. Like they were doing the crucible in second phase on the west coast and we did it less than 10 days before graduating.

I can ask. I have buddies that should be starting their 1st Cycle out west. Here the Crucible is the culmination of 3rd Phase and then you get 4th Phase ( Yes 4th Phase) which is 2 weeks where they are basically boot Marines being mentored by their Drill Instructors and they call them by their ranks.

I can ask. I have buddies that should be starting their 1st Cycle out west. Here the Crucible is the culmination of 3rd Phase and then you get 4th Phase ( Yes 4th Phase) which is 2 weeks where they are basically boot Marines being mentored by their Drill Instructors and they call them by their ranks.
<26>

Confidence Course round 2 Done. This time we didn't have to wait for slow people , so my Squad flew through the events.

How are you feeling physically during the training?

The regular PT doesn't bother me . I'm in good shape I'm usually that way and I have good body control and upper body strength so obstacle courses end up being fun to me.

How ever running and screaming at the top of my lunges and essentially sprinting up and down in boots whether it be outside or in a squadbay is a different type of Physical demand on me especially my feet. My abs are absolutely ripped because I'm trying my hardest to use my diaprhagm when I scream to protect my vocal cords.

This damn Hurricane is going to make this course a pain in the ass. If I have to evacuate it is a big inconvenience, if I don't then it will Rain like a MOFO on us during the upcoming simulated field ops . Good times

This damn Hurricane is going to make this course a pain in the ass. If I have to evacuate it is a big inconvenience, if I don't then it will Rain like a MOFO on us during the upcoming simulated field ops . Good times
You'll have to evacuate to the logistics base in Albany. Have fun with that.
I was very fortunate when I went through because it didn't rain at all during BWT or the crucible. Although it was summertime and I don't mind being wet as long as it's not cold.

Back