Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

There’s enough blame for all 536 men/woman that are elected to the House/senate and WH. Fuck’em.

Goddamn this Pinot I’m drinking s good!!!. (No homo)

Lol

good call the ol' SM civil relief act
also lowers interest on loans obtained before service
There's a decent safety net for Coast Guard. I would assume, they have the ability to take loans, like our Army AER loans. If they absolutely needed it.

Other federal workers - they're not so lucky that's for sure. Sucks for them man. I was joking about it earlier now though, I feel shitty, this thing just keeps dragging.

There's a decent safety net for Coast Guard. I would assume, they have the ability to take loans, like our Army AER loans. If they absolutely needed it.

Other federal workers - they're not so lucky that's for sure. Sucks for them man. I was joking about it earlier now though, I feel shitty, this thing just keeps dragging.
They have a Coast Guard Mutual Assistance program (like AER for Army, or NMCRS for Navy/USMC) but I doubt it's being funded by they aren't even being paid....

There is also no accurate list out there of contactors who have died on military/diplomatic service over the years FYI. Their names disappear even quicker into history than a serving soldier.

Well that is interesting. Two of the four killed were young women:
. Ghadir Taher, 27, was in Syria working with the U.S. Army as an interpreter for defense contractor Valiant Integrated Services.
. U.S. Navy Chief Cryptologic Technician Shannon M. Kent, 35.

* Young women being killed in military operations has never set well with me. Very sad.

Last edited:
Well that is interesting. Two of the four killed were young women:
. Ghadir Taher, 27, was in Syria working with the U.S. Army as an interpreter for defense contractor Valiant Integrated Services.
. U.S. Navy Chief Cryptologic Technician Shannon M. Kent, 35.
* Young women being killed in military operations have never set well with me. Very sad.

I obviously do not know the nature of the staff being in a restaurant exactly or if it was during a live op at the time..BUT:

Many military/civilian personnel have been killed eating out or heading to the 'downtown' areas in various areas of operation and get targeted for this very reason. I used to do the same thing before I got married/had kids. When I was younger and dumber than I am now I didn't give a shit about drinking and eating in places I probably shouldn't.

On one job in Afghan I was in the DC of a location drinking with some Afghan friends of mine from previous jobs, I walked 2km back to my accommodation with just a pistol tucked in my jeans. Regardless of any connections I had there, doing shit like that was just retarded on every level. I think I just had an immature/invincible mindset back then before I became the stay at home wife that I am now haha.

That sucks meetings like that are dangerous. Hopefully something can be learned here, what was the security situation? How can we prevent this? Likely a foreign national was the center of the meeting, hence the interpreter and who was inside the restaurant. I assume a valuable local ally was killed as well, then of course the loss of our operators and contractors plus the local forces and civilians.

Always a risk outside of this country, could be a meeting in down town Kabul or staying in a hotel in Europe. Always have to be looking out.. I think that's why many are paranoid in this profession.

That sucks meetings like that are dangerous. Hopefully something can be learned here, what was the security situation? How can we prevent this? Likely a foreign national was the center of the meeting, hence the interpreter and who was inside the restaurant. I assume a valuable local ally was killed as well, then of course the loss of our operators and contractors plus the local forces and civilians.

Always a risk outside of this country, could be a meeting in down town Kabul or staying in a hotel in Europe. Always have to be looking out.. I think that's why many are paranoid in this profession.

The only time I felt safe for these meetings was via a 'false arrest' and brought into our bases. Even then setting that shit up is a risk. I never went to Syria, man it seems even more fucked up operationally than most of the regular war zones put together though.

...and this isn't really over the border wall as I mentioned above, it runs much deeper.

Democrats hate the fact that Trump won the Presidency in November 2016. The hate from the Democrats towards this President is something never before seen in American history. Democrats will veto anything that comes from Trump regardless of the good it may do the country. All out of spite. Like little children who did not get their ice cream or preferred Christmas present. It is really amazing. Grown men and women representing Americans acting on their hate for one man. Letting that hate destroy a country.
In 2010 Boehner stated that the aim of the GOP was to block and deny Obama from passing as much legislation as possible and it caused a horribly unproductive presidency and now the dems are doung the same thing as a retort. Both sides were/are i the wrong. This countries biggest issues are a government that cares more about their "team" than the actual citizens that theyre supposed to represent. Its sad really. I hope the benefits for the vets aren't effected. Its a shame really.

'Agents Unknown', 2019.

Good documentary.
Interesting how the same problems the Americans had in Vietnam re-appeared in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Vietnam, 1967: Military intelligence has collapsed, Viet Cong have infiltrated the clandestine American spy network, and the U.S. can't rely on the South Vietnamese. John Murphy, then an elite adviser, analyst, and operative for the Army, CIA, and South Vietnamese intelligence services, reveals the gray areas of critical on-the-ground intelligence work, where trust is hard-won and easily lost. His challenges included: working with the local population to gather information, evaluating material and unreliable agents, dealing with the equally unreliable South Vietnamese Army."

The last Food Stamps/SNAP were mailed out today. Going to be a lot of military families with their kids going hungry...

They have a Coast Guard Mutual Assistance program (like AER for Army, or NMCRS for Navy/USMC) but I doubt it's being funded by they aren't even being paid....

CGMA just got a donation from USAA, but is currently capped at 1500 for members with dependants, it helps, depending on where you live might even cover one months rent...or not if you're in a high cost area

CGMA just got a donation from USAA, but is currently capped at 1500 for members with dependants, it helps, depending on where you live might even cover one months rent...or not if you're in a high cost area
That's awesome of USAA for stepping up
glad I kept them for car insurance haha

That's awesome of USAA for stepping up
glad I kept them for car insurance haha

It was a saving face move.

They have been denying members loans after a hard credit check since Christmas. Lots of Coasties jumping ship for Navy Fed who was offering no-interest loans to it's members.

Back