Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Well, I don't agree with that statement. Some people may not care but other people do. I think those that do care are the ones that did serve. He is right though, there is not much we can do. Unless you can look at someone's 201 file (U.S. Army), people can write what they want, post fake pictures, and fake documents on the internet. Fake stories are usually based on someone else's experience. From a friend, a book, or a movie.

There are specific things you can ask. Like someone here mentioned before. If it is Airborne school at Ft. Benning, GA, you can ask about drop zones and their names. If it is Ranger school, you can ask specific questions about each Phase and location (i.e. blueberry pancakes). But again, if the person is smart and does their homework, they can probably find the answer on the internet.

There is also a whole classified section in SAS, SEAL, Special Forces, DELTA, and the SERE course. But again, being classified, I'm not sure the 'real' guys would want to talk about it.

He was claiming to be at Hereford (during the exact same time as my last employer), would take about 2 emails to verify this guy...but he is dodging. Either way not a biggie...just annoyed me a bit since I have distanced myself from military and contracting circles in real life pretty much completely (save for a few close friends) and I stumble on an older fraudster who has been at it for a decade it seems

There was a scene in the Shooter T.V. show where Swagger (Ryan Philipe) is talking to a former "Seal" (Frank Trigg). He asks Trigg, "What BUDs class were you in?" Trigg answers "That's classified."

Swagger replies "BUDs classes aren't classified you joke."

There was a scene in the Shooter T.V. show where Swagger (Ryan Philipe) is talking to a former "Seal" (Frank Trigg). He asks Trigg, "What BUDs class were you in?" Trigg answers "That's classified."

Swagger replies "BUDs classes aren't classified you joke."
The admin and mods over at the lightfighter forums are pretty stringent in their vetting process for members. They even had a wall of shame. Those threads were legendary back in the dsy

This Vietnam vet died with no Next of Kin. The funeral home announced that and total strangers showed up to pay their respect.

Gone but thank the Good Lord, not forgotten...

Last edited:
51208994_10160406238058504_2872867026878070784_n.jpg

my stepdad, a retired USMC LtCol still has that hair cut hahaha

was your military career smooth sailing because of your father or was it miserable haha
Easier but just bc I was raised in that environment. I was a different branch also, my dad was a Sgt Maj and stepdad LtCol in the Marines. Uncle was a master chief and grandpa senior chief in the Navy.
I was Army

Easier but just bc I was raised in that environment. I was a different branch also, my dad was a Sgt Maj and stepdad LtCol in the Marines. Uncle was a master chief and grandpa senior chief in the Navy.
I was Army

That's a fantastic and highly respectable family history! I bet your get togethers are fun!!

My father right back to my great great GREAT grandfather and great great uncles were all in the military. From the Boer War to WW1/WW2 and we never reached the dizzying heights of WO1 or WO2 or officer haha.

Actually my great great grandfather joined the army at 15 to serve in WW1 and records show he was chained to a cannon as punishment for refusing an order haha. He fought in 4 major British battles and was shot 4 times but survived thankfully (or yours truly wouldn't be here haha!).

Last edited:
That's a fantastic and highly respectable family history! I bet your get togethers are fun!!

My father right back to my great great GREAT grandfather and great great uncles were all in the military. From the Boer War to WW1/WW2 and we never reached the dizzying heights of WO1 or WO2 or officer haha.

Actually my great great grandfather joined the army at 15 to serve in WW1 and records show he was chained to a cannon as punishment for refusing an order haha. He fought in 4 major British battles and was shot 4 times but survived thankfully (or yours truly wouldn't be here haha!).
Anyone go to the Falklands in your family?

I thought this was funny...

How Hard is Law School? No… Seriously, how hard is law school, really?

Most law school professors use a technique that has come to be known as 'cold-calling'. Although every professor employs a slightly different 'cold-calling' technique, these common elements are typical to most 'cold-calling' techniques:

a) you don’t know when you will be called on,

b) you don’t know what the professor is going to ask you,

c) you will be put on the spot in front of a 100 or more of your peers,

d) many of the questions you will be asked will require you to 'think on your feet', and

e) you will not always know the answer, no matter how hard you prepared.

...sounds familiar to anyone? ;)
@Mike Hagger, I know you can relate. Add to that sleep and food deprivation and I think we have them beat in how hard things can get...

Last edited:

Most law school professors use a technique that has come to be known as 'cold-calling'. Although every professor employs a slightly different 'cold-calling' technique, these common elements are typical to most 'cold-calling' techniques:

d) many of the questions you will be asked will require you to 'think on your feet', and

@Mike Hagger, I know you can relate. Add to that sleep and food deprivation and I think we have them beat in how hard things can get...
Forget law school, that sounds like every graduate level class I’ve ever been in.

Lol yeah, I think this is why you see a lot of tabbed, trident wearing folks becoming laywers, scholars and politicians. If you're intelligent enough the military has already provided the best hands on training in how to work through adversity.

I think that is why landnav over long distance is such a solid indicator of capability, physically it sucks, mentally you must plan, and move according to that plan while exhausted. Next is taking that skill and navigating with a platoon, on a time schedule, while maneuvering this big element in the woods at night. Breaks many people... "Whatcha gonna do PL?"

What'cha think about the Q being shortened to 24 weeks?
Really! Can't be good...
I'm, not Special Forces. Need to ask @Mike Hagger. I think it is all part of the plan to increase the number of Special Operators (SF and SEALs). As the saying goes: "They can't be mass produced". Not if you want to maintain quality. But with women now in the mix, it has all gone to shit. Not sure a lot of these future special 'missions' really need to be filled by Special Operators. I don't see why you can't take an Infantry Platoon from the 82nd or the 101st and train those boys for the special 'mission'. I don't know if Rangers are falling into this 'mass production' scenario. They too can handle special 'missions'.

There is a reason why the Special Operation community needs to remain small. The concept is to weed out the weak, not keep them in because of quotas.

Maybe it’s being shortened for the right reason. Needs/task analysis might have come up with other areas to train and some to cut. I don’t think it all boils down to WOMEN!!

<Ellaria01>

Maybe it’s being shortened for the right reason. Needs/task analysis might have come up with other areas to train and some to cut. I don’t think it all boils down to WOMEN!
Still, 24 weeks from 56. That's half the time, and 56 is at the lower end of the scale.

"The length of the Q Course changes depending on the applicant's primary job field within Special Forces and their assigned foreign language capability but will usually last between 56 and 95 weeks."

Edit - @Sir GTL

Last edited:
Back