Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Ugh, not this again.
A platoon of about 50 or so females will be living in their own squad bay with their own female DIs as part of 3rd Battalion. It's not worth activating 4th Battalion staff just for one platoon.
When I went through in 03, there was a female company (Papa) on the same training schedule as us and with the same graduation date. We'd have classes and certain events like BWT and the Crucible on the same days but were still kept separate. This is no different.

Yeah the Article was misleading, I was asking people about it , I'm headed there in July so I'm curious since I've never even been to SC.

I've been retired for 12 years and we did not have women onboard during my time. I believe it has been with in the last 5 or six years and then it was only officers. I'm not sure of the current status, but as officers they could be afforded some privacy in a 3 person state room. I have been underway with a female shipyard worker of some higher rank, and she took the XO stateroom for the week she was onboard. I was always on fast attack boats, which are smaller than the ballistic missile subs, so maybe the bigger boats were an easier adjustment.
As far as "nukes" we carried, I can't tell you about any of that. "Nuke" is the nickname they give to the ratings that are responsible for operating and maintaining the nuclear propulsion plants on American submarines and carriers.

Everything I learned about a subs was from Tom Clancy.
Forget Clancy, check out this movie. Those German U-boat sailors in WWII had balls. More killed than their counterpart in the Infantry. Horrible living conditions. Nothing like today's submarines. Plus, it must be a 'fuck-fest' if they have women onboard.

Tom Clancy and those movies make sub life seem a lot more glamorous than it is. "The Hunt for Red October" made sonar technicians think they were cool and submarine warfare look like an aerial dogfight, neither of which is accurate. "Das Boot" is the goat sub movie, but modern boats are much more comfy.
Ever spend any time at Kings Bay?
Some training time and in my civilian persona as someone who repairs those underwater behemoths.

I hate Civillians that work on Base in particular the ones the work at CIF/IFF and the ones at the fucking ID Labs.
Lol you're a Marine, right? Because that is has to be a universal trait.

To get hired for CIF manager:

Are you a complete dickhead? Yes? You're considered.

I hate Civillians that work on Base in particular the ones the work at CIF/IFF and the ones at the fucking ID Labs.

As far as "nukes" we carried, I can't tell you about any of that. "Nuke" is the nickname they give to the ratings that are responsible for operating and maintaining the nuclear propulsion plants on American submarines and carriers.

I understand, but it is really no big secret. You will find plenty of 'classified' information on the internet these days. I know enough about nuclear missiles on U.S. submarines and submarine nuclear propulsion system. Heck, there is enough information out there on how to build an atomic bomb (not a thermonuclear one). Getting the Uranium-235 or Plutonium-239 is the hard part. But than again, 'black markets' in Russia and Pakistan might just sell the stuff to the highest bitter.

I remember working at USSOUTHCOM with a classified and unclassified computer. It was amazing when I Googled information on the unclassified computer and it brought up classified information.

Central Issuing Facility. It's where TA-50 gear gets drawn/turned in, Body Armor, etc.

Yeah. They are bonified 'dick-heads'.
I remember turning in my TA-50 and MILES gear at the end of IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course) in 1992 at Ft. Benning, GA - U.S. Army. They were infamous for giving 2nd Lieutenants shit. You could not have one grain of dirt in any of the equipment. Things got so bad, with so many complaints, that a Lieutenant Colonel (O-5) went through the line wearing a 2nd Lieutenant (O-1) uniform to see for himself how bad things were. Well, he was not happy with the results of what he saw the CIF folks doing. Needles to say, things changed overnight.

when I left Germany, our unit got disbanded and the base all but essentially closed
CIF took like literally everything, we even had to turn in used Eye Pro ffs. The only positive was they weren't that crazy about it being spotless at that pt

Excess uniforms? Wtf?
well if you were in when they switched from BDUs/DCUs to whatever the Air Force shit is called, or when the Army went to ACUs then now Multicam, or Marines to Marpat.

My unit got issued Multicam for Afghanistan in Dec 2010, AFAIK we were the first to ever wear it, we had to turn all that stuff back in when we got back though. Ruck sacks, combat assault bags, body armor, was all specially issued in Multicam

well if you were in when they switched from BDUs/DCUs to whatever the Air Force shit is called, or when the Army went to ACUs then now Multicam, or Marines to Marpat.

My unit got issued Multicam for Afghanistan in Dec 2010, AFAIK we were the first to ever wear it, we had to turn all that stuff back in when we got back though. Ruck sacks, combat assault bags, body armor, was all specially issued in Multicam
Damn. I didn’t turn any of my shit in. I can understand body armor and stuff like that. But packs, sleeping bag, uniforms I kept all that.

Damn. I didn’t turn any of my shit in. I can understand body armor and stuff like that. But packs, sleeping bag, uniforms I kept all that.
those fucks made me turn in my Poncho Liner

I was heated

That’s nuts. Even used uniforms? Like how much wear and tear was too much? This shit is now baffling my mind lol.
they only did b/c the whole base essentially shut down for like 6 months until a unit came in from Bamberg, Germany.

I turned in everything except tan undershirts, boots, ACUs, and the combat mesh shirts that were multicam colored

Sleeping bag, ruck, assault pack, E-Tool, everything else had to get turned in. It was crazy

well except for 30 round magazines hahaha

Just got done done doing another charity project for a veteran. "Jared Allen's Homes For Wounded Warriors". My comapny took part in the construction of a brand new home for a veteran who lost both of his legs while serving in Iraq. Thank you gentlemen for your service and I'm glad all of you got home safely.

Just got done done doing another charity project for a veteran. "Jared Allen's Homes For Wounded Warriors". My comapny took part in the construction of a brand new home for a veteran who lost both of his legs while serving in Iraq. Thank you gentlemen for your service and I'm glad all of you got home safely.

Thank you sir for your help with U.S. veterans. It is very much appreciated.

those fucks made me turn in my Poncho Liner

I was heated
I had to turn everything in too, even my helmet cover that was ripped to shit from 2 deployments and covered in blue stains from sim rounds.

I had to turn everything in too, even my helmet cover that was ripped to shit from 2 deployments and covered in blue stains from sim rounds.
damn bro you took sim rounds to the helmet?

yall weren't playing in those mock livefires were you hahaha

same here. USAF couldnt be assed to take gear from us when we transitioned out. I still have a deployment bag with my CIRAS carrier, MICH, half my chem gear and an obnoxious amount of dated ALICE gear shit we used to do exercises in. I also currently still have my near worthless ACOG i was issued in 2003, whose tritium finally died in 2009, has so many scratches on the lenses that its opaque and looks like its a step away from being nickel plated. When they were issuing the M68 to everyone i asked if they needed it back and the chick at LRS laughed and said hell naw. i kept it but i cant get it repaired by Trijicon because im sure they got the serial number tagged as GP and would fry my ass legally.

Back