Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

In 2010 Boehner stated that the aim of the GOP was to block and deny Obama from passing as much legislation as possible and it caused a horribly unproductive presidency and now the dems are doung the same thing as a retort. Both sides were/are i the wrong. This countries biggest issues are a government that cares more about their "team" than the actual citizens that theyre supposed to represent. Its sad really. I hope the benefits for the vets aren't effected. Its a shame really.
Problem is Pelosi had no problem throwing away over $10 billion per month in Afghanistan under Obama but won't budge on $5.7 billion because orange man bad.

Problem is Pelosi had no problem throwing away over $10 billion per month in Afghanistan under Obama but won't budge on $5.7 billion because orange man bad.
There’s enough go blame to go around for everyone. On both sides of the isles. I don’t think this is about a price tag. Especially wall funding. It’s more about not letting the President push you around. Or next time this happens he’ll use the government as a bargaining chip again.

The riddle that needs to be solved is why there are Senetors in the senate that support him full tilt ie Mitch Maconnel. Unhinge your self from that sinking ship, Mitch.

There’s enough go blame to go around for everyone. On both sides of the isles. I don’t think this is about a price tag. Especially wall funding. It’s more about not letting the President push you around. Or next time this happens he’ll use the government as a bargaining chip again.
Then she needs to stop talking about how it's to reign in spending.

yeah but you dont get to call in 2000lb -ers on the Texas border and shout "FUCK YEA BABY!"

Chuck Shumer just shot down a clean no riders bill that would pay the Coast Guard...missing a second check looms....

Not even remotely similar. Pelosi and Obama didnt stick us neck deep into an unwinnable war with zero win conditions. Nor did they let the war in Afghanistan flounder and spiral out of control for 8 years pursuing their pet war elsewhere. They inherited a problem nearly a decade old that we were/are obligated to see through to some kind of conclusion.

The wall is just some red meat pandering to people who care about everything else but whats actually important. its another expensive pet project with no real purpose

Not even remotely similar. Pelosi and Obama didnt stick us neck deep into an unwinnable war with zero win conditions. Nor did they let the war in Afghanistan flounder and spiral out of control for 8 years pursuing their pet war elsewhere. They inherited a problem nearly a decade old that we were/are obligated to see through to some kind of conclusion.
"We're gonna build up 100,000 troops to win the hearts and minds and spread democracy but we're gonna leave in a couple of years." Yep, sounds like a winning strategy, indeed. ;)

Excellent movie...
"Polar", 2019. The killing of the 'Black Kaizer'. Great action scenes, beautiful naked women, and sex.

"The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head to head with an army of younger killers."

So I'd joined another forum recently for another hobby of mine- it's a big one. Anyways, I started having my suspicions about a long time and respected user there 'bloating'.

Bloating is when someone HAS been in the military but pretends to have done something they haven't. For example an air mechanic pretending to be a PJ. This is an American forum BTW.

Anyways I wrote a message to the found of the entire forum and he got back to me with this:

"The truth is that even when people lie about serving in special forces units other people don’t seem to care much at all. So unfortunately there’s nothing we can do and ultimately most people won’t even care that he’s lying."

So I'd joined another forum recently for another hobby of mine- it's a big one. Anyways, I started having my suspicions about a long time and respected user there 'bloating'.

Bloating is when someone HAS been in the military but pretends to have done something they haven't. For example an air mechanic pretending to be a PJ. This is an American forum BTW.

Anyways I wrote a message to the found of the entire forum and he got back to me with this:

"The truth is that even when people lie about serving in special forces units other people don’t seem to care much at all. So unfortunately there’s nothing we can do and ultimately most people won’t even care that he’s lying."
What forum?

Not even a lot of vets care which is crazy to me.

Not even a lot of vets care which is crazy to me.

I don't care about the ones who have never served but say they did I don't care about (unless it involves defrauding people out of money)

...but the ones I hate are the guys who DID serve yet bullshit everyone about what they did. Caught a fair few doing that, usually involves a chick

Well, I don't agree with that statement. Some people may not care but other people do. I think those that do care are the ones that did serve. He is right though, there is not much we can do. Unless you can look at someone's 201 file (U.S. Army), people can write what they want, post fake pictures, and fake documents on the internet. Fake stories are usually based on someone else's experience. From a friend, a book, or a movie.

There are specific things you can ask. Like someone here mentioned before. If it is Airborne school at Ft. Benning, GA, you can ask about drop zones and their names. If it is Ranger school, you can ask specific questions about each Phase and location (i.e. blueberry pancakes). But again, if the person is smart and does their homework, they can probably find the answer on the internet.

There is also a whole classified section in SAS, SEAL, Special Forces, DELTA, and the SERE course. But again, being classified, I'm not sure the 'real' guys would want to talk about it.

Just a few weeks ago I was at gun show, guy had a silver star on his collar, so I asked where he got it. He said in Vietnam, where'd you serve I asked his answer: Special Forces, Airborne, Ranger, served all over... Ok I'm thinking, which group? Well he said did not really serve in a group... I left it at that, that's suspect in my opinion but what am I going to do? I let it go. Maybe he's truthful but typically you'd know what group you called 'home'.

The SF community in general mostly is focused on people who profit from these lies. Which they're many and that's where I draw the line.

It's funny to me when people lie about dumbshit like Air Assault.. or when anyone tells me their job was classified... It's not impossible to be that thing but it's highly unlikely and those who do those things wouldn't say some cliche BS they'd have something benign.

Last edited:
The SF community in general mostly is focused on people who profit from these lies. Which they're many and that's where I draw the line.
How are these people profiting from a lie? Books, interviews, and appearances?
I would think that for someone who is profiting from it they would have their background checked first.

How are these people profiting from a lie? Books, interviews, and appearances?
I would think that for someone who is profiting from it they would have their background checked first.
2 stupid ones I can think of from another forum where there's a closed section and a lot of dudes who are retired make it a point to hunt these people.

1 guy was selling his brand as an instructor for marksmanship, claimed numerous SF schools and the Q course ect. Turned out he was a reservist non combat MOS.

2 Martial arts instructor claiming SF - was a PFC who was admin discharged within 2 years.

I mean I remember lawyers, political candidates, bunch of people on their resumes. Some people got away with it for a long time.

2 stupid ones I can think of from another forum where there's a closed section and a lot of dudes who are retired make it a point to hunt these people.

1 guy was selling his brand as an instructor for marksmanship, claimed numerous SF schools and the Q course ect. Turned out he was a reservist non combat MOS.

2 Martial arts instructor claiming SF - was a PFC who was admin discharged within 2 years.

I mean I remember lawyers, political candidates, bunch of people on their resumes.

Well, that is really fucked up. I don't know why some people get pleasure out of doing that. Than again, you have lawyers, plastic surgeons, dentists, and investors who are not qualified to do what they do.

You'll enjoy this:

"Typically, this humiliation occurs outside of the justice system, since the Stolen Valor Act of 2005 criminalizing stolen valor claims was declared unconstitutional in 2012. However, a new Stolen Valor Act signed into law in 2013 subjects an individual to a fine and/or imprisonment if they demonstrated an intent to receive tangible benefits, such as money or property, from their false claims."

Article 01: https://taskandpurpose.com/5-offenders-who-received-creative-punishments-for-stolen-valor
Article 02: http://www.calbarjournal.com/November2011/TopHeadlines/TH1.aspx

Back