Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

United States Marine Corps 2010-2014

1/5 62 area -- Camp Pendleton, CA

that's the San Mateo part of Pendleton right?
my bro was w/ 1/4 out at Horno, good lawd that was some rough living considering it's SD county haha

Coast Guard didn't get paid today.

So much for all the Military love on both sides of the aisle.

Coast Guard didn't get paid today.

So much for all the Military love on both sides of the aisle.
DHS
I kid, I kid
Fuck every politician taking check while you don't
the TSA can eat a dick instead of grabbing them though

DHS
I kid, I kid
Fuck every politician taking check while you don't
the TSA can eat a dick instead of grabbing them though

To my DoD Brothers,
It has just been proven they can get away without paying an armed service and still get work out of us.

Next year it could be you.

We didn't think it would ever happen to us either.

To my DoD Brothers,
It has just been proven they can get away without paying an armed service and still get work out of us.

They honestly don't give a fuck and know that the majority of the country doesn't care or at least will completely forget about it by the time elections roll around.

To my DoD Brothers,

Walk out.

To my DoD Brothers,

All over a border wall.
Things will only get worst by the week.
In theory, the government could be shutdown for a very long time, but not more than a year. You would think there would be something in the Constitution to keep this from happening, but no. At least nothing that I'm aware of. Maybe the Supreme Court could step in? No.

Any way you look at it, Congress needs to end a government shutdown. Not the President, not the Supreme Court. Shutdowns of the type experienced by the United States are nearly impossible in other forms of government.

"Under the separation of powers created by the United States Constitution, the United States Congress has the sole power of the purse and responsibility for appropriating government funds. Like other bills, appropriations must be passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Upon passage of a final version by both houses, they go to the President of the United States. If the President signs the bills, they become law. If instead the President vetoes them, they go back to Congress, where the veto can (in rare instances) be overridden by a two-thirds vote of both houses."

"Government shutdowns tend to occur when the President and one or both of the chambers of Congress are unable to resolve disagreements over budget allocations before the existing budget cycle ends."

"The Antideficiency Act, is legislation enacted by the United States Congress to prevent the incurring of obligations or the making of expenditures (outlays) in excess of amounts available in appropriations or funds. The law was initially enacted in 1884. The ADA prohibits the federal government of the United States from entering into a contract that is not 'fully funded' because doing so would obligate the government in the absence of an appropriation adequate to the needs of the contract."

All over a border wall.
Things will only get worst by the week.
In theory, the government could be shutdown for a very long time, but not more than a year. You would think there would be something in the Constitution to keep this from happening, but no. At least nothing that I'm aware of. Maybe the Supreme Court could step in? No.

Any way you look at it, Congress needs to end a government shutdown. Not the President, not the Supreme Court. Shutdowns of the type experienced by the United States are nearly impossible in other forms of government.

"Under the separation of powers created by the United States Constitution, the United States Congress has the sole power of the purse and responsibility for appropriating government funds. Like other bills, appropriations must be passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Upon passage of a final version by both houses, they go to the President of the United States. If the President signs the bills, they become law. If instead the President vetoes them, they go back to Congress, where the veto can (in rare instances) be overridden by a two-thirds vote of both houses."

"Government shutdowns tend to occur when the President and one or both of the chambers of Congress are unable to resolve disagreements over budget allocations before the existing budget cycle ends."

"The Antideficiency Act, is legislation enacted by the United States Congress to prevent the incurring of obligations or the making of expenditures (outlays) in excess of amounts available in appropriations or funds. The law was initially enacted in 1884. The ADA prohibits the federal government of the United States from entering into a contract that is not 'fully funded' because doing so would obligate the government in the absence of an appropriation adequate to the needs of the contract."

I would imagine the Republicans turning on POTUS to save face and overriding a veto on an acceptable plan.

Republicans are happy to have the White House, but won't risk everything keeping it happy.

Yes there are a lot of Trump supporters not getting paid....loyalty gets questioned when you can't feed your family

Yes there are a lot of Trump supporters not getting paid....loyalty gets questioned when you can't feed your family

Why do you think this is Trump's fault?
I blame the Democrats in Congress.

All the real branches of the DOD got paid.

Sorry dude. I missed a pay check in 13 then got back paid but all the parks were clean so MSM didn't make a big deal of it.

I blame them all equally.

...and this isn't really over the border wall as I mentioned above, it runs much deeper.

Democrats hate the fact that Trump won the Presidency in November 2016. The hate from the Democrats towards this President is something never before seen in American history. Democrats will veto anything that comes from Trump regardless of the good it may do the country. All out of spite. Like little children who did not get their ice cream or preferred Christmas present. It is really amazing. Grown men and women representing Americans acting on their hate for one man. Letting that hate destroy a country.

@Thrawn33

Here we go. Not the 'light' at the end of the tunnel...

"Most Americans oppose the wall — and oppose ending the shutdown by funding it."

Story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...down-by-funding-it/ar-BBSk4ua?ocid=spartanntp

BBSjSsN.img

Last edited:
I didn't get paid once in Afghanistan during a shutdown, granted they did backpay us later

Sucked for the (somehow) guys living check to check, whoops haha

I didn't get paid once in Afghanistan during a shutdown, granted they did backpay us later

Sucked for the (somehow) guys living check to check, whoops haha
One benefit of being a service member is the SCRA. Which should protect people from defaulting on loans and what not.

One benefit of being a service member is the SCRA. Which should protect people from defaulting on loans and what not.
good call the ol' SM civil relief act
also lowers interest on loans obtained before service

Back