Mike Tyson will face Roy Jones Jr in exhibition

Who wins it?

• Total voters
Is this going to be a real fight or more like sparring?
Depends on which Mike shows up.

I can’t see him wanting to box for 8 rounds and chance anything I see him stopping Roy early or a cut happens and they haunt it bc it’s an exhibition. I wouldn’t waste my time wanting an exhibition fight ,if I’m going to fight I’m going to fight and try inflict as much damage as I can and you”ll see that at some point when I post it on here as well..( yea keeping talking .you know who you are .lmao.)...

Mike gave the point he’s coming in to be destructive and if that’s the case it should be a short night for him . Really you can’t point fight a Tyson and win ,so I don’t see how Roy shows him up even if it’s not a point contest so both objectives are much different as a winner would only be declared in a stoppage really .

Prime RJJ is maybe the greatest fighter since SRR. He should beat Tyson pretty easy if he makes it past the 1st.

I don’t honestly understand how Tyson hasn’t been lifetime banned from boxing for biting and headbutts. I hope he doesn’t do something shitty to Roy if he starts getting embarrassed.

Dam.
in their prime, both so different , I would have loved this.
now. I just don’t know. But I fear for RJJ early.

Bleh. I guess it’s not the worst thing ever. Roy should be able to get the win but his chin is shot.
how do u expect him to get a win with his chin?? u think tyson cant land once? cuz its only gonna take a grazing blow to seriously rattle roy, who btw likes to pull a worse version of the rope-a-dope from time to time... Roy jones jr in his prime def one of my favorite fighters ever, but hes gonna get hurt

you think a former middleweight, is going to beat tyson? it is only an exhibition...they might not even have a winner...but roy's chin is glass now...and tyson still has a ton of power.
Roy has been active and has been in decent shape. Tyson hasn’t fought in 15 years.

I could be wrong but this will be a sparring match, people thinking they'll actually attempt to really do damage watch too much WWE and UFC.

how do u expect him to get a win with his chin?? u think tyson cant land once? cuz its only gonna take a grazing blow to seriously rattle roy, who btw likes to pull a worse version of the rope-a-dope from time to time... Roy jones jr in his prime def one of my favorite fighters ever, but hes gonna get hurt
Tyson hasn’t fought in 15 years and has been a fat guy who was addicted to drugs and alcohol. Roy has been active and is in decent shape. I have no idea how Tyson will look. Roy has been out of his prime for like 17 years but he should be sharper than Tyson.

I could be wrong but this will be a sparring match, people thinking they'll actually attempt to really do damage watch too much WWE and UFC.

have you ever seen tyson spar? he doesn't spar light...never has....tyson recently said, that he only has one speed...all out.

Tyson hasn’t fought in 15 years and has been a fat guy who was addicted to drugs and alcohol. Roy has been active and is in decent shape. I have no idea how Tyson will look. Roy has been out of his prime for like 17 years but he should be sharper than Tyson.

Nobody is sharp in their 50’s

i mean, look at tysons padwork. hes still got the necessary programming, just a matter of cardio which he said hes been on top of. aside from that he will retain power and roy will retain chinnyness. someone else said it and its true- roy was all about reflexes and speed, both of which have significantly diminished

Tyson says "F it" and goes full on ferocious Mike -if only to give himself another 25+ years of material for his one man feel good motivational shows. "..member that tyme I killed RJJ? Ive changed..."

Roy did rely on his reflexes a lot, his game was all about seeing punches coming and just leaning out of the way with his hands down, because he was that fast. He wasn't a super technician, able to fight effectively well past his prime like Bernard Hopkins, but he was a wizard using his natural ability. Mike had fast hands for throwing punches, but wasn't as good at seeing them come at him, he relied on practiced head movement and peek-a-boo glove defense. That being said, knowing how to keep your gloves up and still having power should give him the advantage over someone who used his reflexes to clown his foes while picking them apart with power shots, no jab required, Jones was that fast. Jones' power came from his speed, not from being a naturally strong guy, that speed is long gone.

It will likely come down to how much they get into it, if Tyson starts working the body with hard shots, it will be a short night for Jones. If they just have fun, it will be an interesting exhibition match and we can hopefully see some flashes of how great they used to be.
I couldn't write it better..

Back