Mike Massenzio koed jon jones

Tapped by Stann is true.

But i can only see wrestling accolades in his wiki, no mention of a bjj black belt.
He's a BJJ black belt under Paul Carnicella, who was a Edson Carvalho student. Carvalho is a Carlson black belt, I think.

Nick Lents ( came in here to post this )

Yep, i found the quote

"I did roll with him one time and number one, it was really gross because the dude sweats like a ridiculous amount so I was just covered in Brock Lesnar sweat, like just dripping in his own sweat but then he was kinda messing around and I jumped on a guillotine and I wound up eventually tapping him out and then he actually got kinda angry and the next time that we started, he just picked me up above his head WWE-style and like threw me across the room so that was the end of my training with Brock. I got him one time. I jumped on the guillotine because he wasn't ready for it and I choked him out and then after that I got thrown across the room."

Demian Maia consistently tapped Mir in training.
There is a cool video of Mir telling the story to a Group of people in a deli. Especially coming from somebody with a big ego like Mir.

Rick Story, a gym bully, beat the brakes off Abel Trujillo when he was a rookie.

Matt Hughes allegedly dominated Brock in grappling early in Brock's career.

I never heard that one, from what I know he only had heavies training at death clutch so I'm not sure. Sounds plausible though Brock doesn't seem like the type of guy who would handle getting handled by a smaller guy very well.

Came in to post Lentz but Anung beat me to it. Stuck out in my memory because everybody hates him and he has that "at least I tapped Brock once in training" for the rest of his life.

Matt Hughes choked out Lesnar as well. Took his back standing and Brock slammed himself backwards with Hughes under him, Hughes still got the choke.

some pretty epic stories in this thread

nik lentz choking brock lesnar
mike kyle ko'ing daniel cormier
krazy horse ko'ing wanderlei
jds koing anderson silva
josh barnett mounting hector lombard and not letting him up for being a dick

Shane Carwin putting Shaub out cold too

Matt Hughes choked out Lesnar as well. Took his back standing and Brock slammed himself backwards with Hughes under him, Hughes still got the choke.

I thought another guy choked him out with an RNC, which is what I posted about in this thread earlier. I guess it was Hughes then. I remember hearing about it a long time ago. Brock dropped to try and smash him, which is one way to try and get them off if you can't peel their hooks off (though it can backfire on you if you don't drop to your back hard enough to get them to loosen the hold). Another thing he could've done is rolled back and forth side to side to crush and smother him on the bottom.

I feel like part of being a good teammate is to not ko them. How is that going to make their career or life better? That's how you should treat your enemies, not your supposed friends. But some guys unfortunately have to be Mike Machissimos.

Competitive guys like to turn it up in training sometimes. When you get hit hard sometimes you hit back a little harder, they hit back even a little harder and next thing you know someone gets their bell rung.

You can still remain friends and training partners, it's just part of the game. I've seen it happen before and no one usually holds a grudge. The vast majority of pro fighters have been dropped in sparring sessions before.

Condit dropped Guillard pretty good in sparring. You can find the video on YouTube.

Training partners are no joke.

Condit dropped Guillard pretty good in sparring. You can find the video on YouTube.

Yeah already tagged it in the second page of this thread, beautiful right straight that dazed and dropped him.

If you haven't been dropped a few times in sparring you haven't really sparred.

Back