Mike Massenzio koed jon jones

Competitive guys like to turn it up in training sometimes. When you get hit hard sometimes you hit back a little harder, they hit back even a little harder and next thing you know someone gets their bell rung.

You can still remain friends and training partners, it's just part of the game. I've seen it happen before and no one usually holds a grudge. The vast majority of pro fighters have been dropped in sparring sessions before.

It happens but it's different when some guy like to go hard for no reason on new guys or everyone, Lombard has that reputation.

If you haven't been dropped a few times in sparring you haven't really sparred.

You should never be getting knocked out in sparring though, guys should use gloves relevant to their size. Getting dropped is one thing but when you're using headgear and gloves relevant for your weight getting knocked out shouldn't happen.

a lot of these stories are bullshit Anderson never got ko'd by JDS he even said himself that prior to the Weidman fight he had never been ko'd. Hughes did choke out lesnar. Machida sparred with Cain and it was stand-up only and I hear machida lit him up but Cain ate most of it. Lombard was lighting up Barnett on the feet then Barnett got Lombard in full mount and woudnt let him up.

You should never be getting knocked out in sparring though, guys should use gloves relevant to their size. Getting dropped is one thing but when you're using headgear and gloves relevant for your weight getting knocked out shouldn't happen.

Nah, Kos happen. Even with big gloves (16oz) and headgear (if used; there's heaps of people who hate wearing headgear and feel as it mskes them get hit more often or just very uncomfortable) shots even at 70% in the wrong (read exactly the right) spot can turn out somebodies light; especially when big guys spar. Plus its normal for the odd sparring session to get firey.

But wasnt that like the very beginning of his career? I always heard stories of him getting his ass whooped in the gym. Rashad said mcsweeney put a beating on jones im sparring. But after awhile, the stories stopped

Not really a big deal if true

But wasnt that like the very beginning of his career? I always heard stories of him getting his ass whooped in the gym. But after awhile, they stopped

Yes, a lot of this kind of stories are when guys are news in X gym, except Chute boxe, is not new that they used to turn sparring sesions in fights and went 100% on them.

Remember reading somewhere about Jamie Yager front kicking Wandy in sparring and rocking him badly. Wandy got pissed and they had to hold him back.

(If someone said this already, sorry, didnt read my page 2)

Not really a big deal if true

It's true, Jones mentioned it in the Deadspin article that just came out. Said he was flash KOd by a punch really early in his career while sparring at Jacksons. Agree that it's not s big deal though, that stuff happens - particularly to really green fighters who are stepping into the big time like he was.

Piece of cake KOed Gabe Ruediger

My memory is hazy, but I think that it was tito Trinidad who beat the hell out of Fernando vargas and made it so that he was never the same fighter again.

fernando vargas got caught using roids and was never the same fighter after that

a lot of these stories are bullshit Anderson never got ko'd by JDS he even said himself that prior to the Weidman fight he had never been ko'd. Hughes did choke out lesnar. Machida sparred with Cain and it was stand-up only and I hear machida lit him up but Cain ate most of it. Lombard was lighting up Barnett on the feet then Barnett got Lombard in full mount and woudnt let him up.

UFC 153 Pre-Fight Press Conference

Skip to 5:45. Anderson was asked by an ESPN Brazil reporter if he remembered getting knocked out in 1998, in a pro boxing match he had in Brazil against Osmar Luiz Teixeira. He got retired (RTD) from that boxing match, which was an exhibition match. He also said that he didn't remember himself being knocked out in a boxing match (and he's only had 2 boxing matches, he's 1-1 in pro boxing). While he was answering the question and trying to recall this happening, he stated this...

"If it was inside the gym, I was knocked out tens of times."

-Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Here's the link to his boxing record as well -> http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=152826&cat=boxer

Not sure if he said this at the same press conference or not but he's also said that JDS punches him in the face "all the time" when sparring. So yeah, he's been knocked out. I'm glad I could enlighten you.

according to Jon, Massenzio koed him in a sparring match back before the bonnar fight. Anyone else know stories like this? Ive heard baroni koed hendricks and that mike pyle is gym goat

I'll speak from experience, Pyle is the gym GOAT. Dude is a serious beast as was John Alessio.

Been in gyms with both of them where I was super competitive against much more highly regarded fighters and then got rag dolled by those two.

Tyson broke his hand on Mitch Blood Green's nose in a clothing store called Dapper Dan's. It was in Harlem at like two in the morning. God knows why the place was so open so late.

Green's such a chump. He started the shit and ended up suing Tyson--albeit for not-crazy money.

The only person claiming that is him, after video evidence of Bennet being choked out by a nobody
Chael repeated it before but that was likely to get under Wand's skin. I did see him get choked out by one of Wand's dudes though in the locker room, the video you speak of. Saw it years ago. He got triangled (legs).
Exactly, sounds more like a sore loser to me.
Did you notice how Krazy Horse was winning and on top and Cristiano couldnt do anything? And then they cut to the scene where all of a sudden hes in a triangle?

They mobbed him and then put him in the triangle.

Last edited:
Back