Miesha Tate

Nunes of course-1 I will give you Holm even though she beat her. And it wasn't hail Marry. She won round 2 by 10 to 8. Would have been draw-2. Rousey if she is indeed still fighting although I doubt that-3. I'd take Pena cause she is younger stronger and hungrier-4. Cat is tough call but I will give you that too. Tate #6 then. Love Valentina but I like Tate to get her on ground. Too small for Tate top game.
Out of all the people you listed I actually think Pena is the easiest fight for her, somebody who has worse striking than her and isn't otherworldly on the mat.

Tate is terrible against opponents that put the pressure on her. That's why she was able to survive against Holm and ultimately find the submission. Against fighters that get in her face she crumbles.

Disagree with TS on the "never punched like that before" thing. McMann broke her orbital bone, Young KOed her and she got her nose broken in her very first fight.

The explanation for me is simple : she didn't pull the trigger in that fight.

She's fighting since 2006, and that's a long road for everybody, but especially for a woman, I guess.
She had a bad cutting before, and I think that her body has send her a mail basically saying "stop that sh*t".
It was kind of logic for her to win the belt, to end her odysseus, but not really to defend it ad vitam.
She open a podcast and I guess she's thinking about taking a new path in her life.

She failed at UFC 200, but put - win or lose - some of the best fights I've seen in MMA
- Young/Tate is one of the most beautiful KO of the history of WMMA. This is perfection.
- Kedzie/Tate is awesome.
- McMann/Tate is intense, especially when you know she had a broken bone.
- Her wars with Ronda.
- Holm/Tate is great. She managed to find a way to win in the 5th round.
When did she ever have a war with Ronda? She was on the wrong end of 2 one-sided beatdowns.

Good point although I do question if she will be back. She now has a couple million in bank. That was a brutal loss in so many ways. She has taken a lot of strikes to the head. She had charisma and could do other things unlike some like Holly.
Is it confirmed she has a COUPLE million in the bank? She was getting paid peanuts before the Holm fight and she only had 1 attempted defence, she probably got less money per PPV buy for handpicking Nunes over Holm too.

When did she ever have a war with Ronda? She was on the wrong end of 2 one-sided beatdowns.
Technically, a war can be an one-sided beatdown.
Miesha made it to the third round - that's better than 90% of Ronda's opponents.

Technically, a war can be an one-sided beatdown.
Miesha came to the second round - that's better than 90% of Ronda's opponents.
She came to the 3rd too, she still got completely dominated. Tates problem was that she was always content with being the person who survived for the longest against Rousey instead of actually beating her. Just holding out for survival isn't a war, it's a termination.

Oh I don't know; be a little humble? Train?
And you know how much she trained? i also recall conor wanting more time to train and didnt want to do every press conference and look at what happened there.

She came to the 3rd too, she still got completely dominated. Tates problem was that she was always content with being the person who survived for the longest against Rousey instead of actually beating her. Just holding out for survival isn't a war, it's a termination.

ronda was very conservative againat tate this time. she just gave miesha just enough rope to hang herself with.

I edited about the third round. Agree with you. But IIRC, her plan against Ronda was precisely to survive until Ronda run out of gas. That explains her "survival mode".

He had me at the thread title, but alas, no pics in OP.

We don't care how they train or what their thoughts on next opponent are. Secret club agreement if we discuss WMMA, pics have to be involved.

I'd like to see a rematch of that fight down the line on a smaller stage. Miesha might've crumbled under the pressure.

This. I know it's unheard of with most of the commentariat here (who are immediately ready to label any statement on the fight as a lousy excuse) but people occasionally have off nights where they just don't have it. It happens in every sport. It's just more pronounced in individual sports, particularly fighting.
That is a very valid point. I would have just thought we would have heard from her by now. I guess part of it is my misplaced male "chivalry" and I want her to say she is ok. Hard to unwind millions of years of evolution.

Her 15 minutes are up imo. Everything broke right for her being champ, getting passed for Tate rousey 3 saved her. Not having to take another fight. She'll lose to any top 5 fighter

Out of all the people you listed I actually think Pena is the easiest fight for her, somebody who has worse striking than her and isn't otherworldly on the mat.
I agree. Pena is just a blanket and as i said younger and hungrier. But we do not know what Cat she beat. I'd like to see Tate fight her too.

Back