Miesha Tate

CageFightFan

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
We are now over a month removed from Tate being completely mollywhopped in the main event of biggest MMA event of all time. Unless I missed it, I have heard nothing from her about it since that night. All props to Nunes and I had her winning but there was something amiss about Tate other than just getting caught and her nose broken. I am mainly talking about before she got caught as I realize that she had never been stung by punches as powerful as Amanda's. Her boyfriend said vertigo. Was that ever backed up? Why did she almost missing weigh ins?

To reiterate I am not taking anything away from The Lioness. In addition I am not questioning Tate's heart, skill, legitimacy... I have seen the ridiculous posts that the RNC was not under the chin. Tate was out on her feet before she collapsed to the canvass and ate hammer fists. It is a testament to her toughness and durability that she was not KOd. I had to look away when Nunes was teeing off of on her against the cage. Dean was close to stopping it.
And the courage of Tate to do post fight interview and then presser with her nose in towel. Wow. She is not a normal female, despite her femininity.
Another point...and I am not saying this was difference because it wasn't but was it ever conclusive if the illegal knee connected? Also is it illegal to throw a knee to a grounded opponent or to connect with said knee?
CFF

No one would say shes not tough.

She looked done during Bruce Buffer's intro to me. She looked really off. I don't think Miesha gets stopped so early when she's at her best. Even if Amanda is a better fighter, I still think Tate can give a better fight than she did.

WTF, post pics man. No one clicks these to read words

The ladies with much more complete skills are catching up on them vets....Nunes, Shevchenko, Pena etc....

The ladies with much more complete skills are catching up on them vets....Nunes, Shevchenko, Pena etc....
Pena would get merked by Rousey or Tate let alone Nunes or Shev, she's just as one-dimensional as Holm except on the mat instead of standing.

Tate has an amateurish skillset, everybody called Rousey mentally weak but Tate crumbled as soon as the pressure was on her. Rousey defended her belt 6 times and embraced being a superstar, Tate became champion then crumbled in the main event and instantly announced she was emigrating to Canada.

i never liked her. body looks super roided, fake teets, attention whore, not hot, tons of makeup. ronda destroyed her twice, holly had her beat...

hqdefault.jpg

felt like you were going to ask a question and then started rambling about your opinion of the fight

what was the question again?

She had a poor weight cut, looked like shit at weigh ins and didn't look as good as she normally did on fight night. It showed in her performance. Not sure what else to say.

Pena would get merked by Rousey or Tate let alone Nunes or Shev, she's just as one-dimensional as Holm except on the mat instead of standing.

I agree with that. Pena needs a lot of work on her striking.

Automatically looking for Tormund in every Miesha thread.

:>

She was parading the belt around and acting like she was Michelle Obama. She underestimated Nunes and got wrecked. What should she say? Probably still coming up with excuses.

Or you know she actually doesn't want to do the no excuses, "but..." thing. I am sure once her next fight is announced she'll state what if anything was wrong.

She did seem a little off. Thought Nunes would bust her up in the first two rounds and then Miesha would come back and take the next three. But it's the fight game. Rockhold whopped Bisping's ass and then turned around and got knocked out by Bisping.

I wanted to see dem booty pics, too.

I haven't heard anything. She isn't look right at all. I'm not suggesting that she would have won otherwise but she didn't seem strong that night. We know about the horrible weight cut. It's possible that played a role

I am not disputing her striking is poor compared to Nunes, Holm, Valentina, but she beat Holly and I would take her over Valentina because of size and wrestling. Either way she is still top 5 bantamweight in world.

Back