Miesha Tate

We are now over a month removed from Tate being completely mollywhopped in the main event of biggest MMA event of all time. Unless I missed it, I have heard nothing from her about it since that night. All props to Nunes and I had her winning but there was something amiss about Tate other than just getting caught and her nose broken. I am mainly talking about before she got caught as I realize that she had never been stung by punches as powerful as Amanda's. Her boyfriend said vertigo. Was that ever backed up? Why did she almost missing weigh ins?

To reiterate I am not taking anything away from The Lioness. In addition I am not questioning Tate's heart, skill, legitimacy... I have seen the ridiculous posts that the RNC was not under the chin. Tate was out on her feet before she collapsed to the canvass and ate hammer fists. It is a testament to her toughness and durability that she was not KOd. I had to look away when Nunes was teeing off of on her against the cage. Dean was close to stopping it.
And the courage of Tate to do post fight interview and then presser with her nose in towel. Wow. She is not a normal female, despite her femininity.
Another point...and I am not saying this was difference because it wasn't but was it ever conclusive if the illegal knee connected? Also is it illegal to throw a knee to a grounded opponent or to connect with said knee?
CFF
The illegal attack went unquestioned

Disagree with TS on the "never punched like that before" thing. McMann broke her orbital bone, Young KOed her and she got her nose broken in her very first fight.

The explanation for me is simple : she didn't pull the trigger in that fight.

She's fighting since 2006, and that's a long road for everybody, but especially for a woman, I guess.
She had a bad cutting before, and I think that her body has send her a mail basically saying "stop that sh*t".
It was kind of logic for her to win the belt, to end her odysseus, but not really to defend it ad vitam.
She open a podcast and I guess she's thinking about taking a new path in her life.

She failed at UFC 200, but put - win or lose - some of the best fights I've seen in MMA
- Young/Tate is one of the most beautiful KO of the history of WMMA. This is perfection.
- Kedzie/Tate is awesome.
- McMann/Tate is intense, especially when you know she had a broken bone.
- Her wars with Ronda.
- Holm/Tate is great. She managed to find a way to win in the 5th round.

qAWzsGE.gif

I had a bad feeling on the Embedded with Miesha going to a hypnotherapist.

I think MIesha looked passed Amanda no matter what she said to the contrary.

We are now over a month removed from Tate being completely mollywhopped in the main event of biggest MMA event of all time. Unless I missed it, I have heard nothing from her about it since that night. All props to Nunes and I had her winning but there was something amiss about Tate other than just getting caught and her nose broken. I am mainly talking about before she got caught as I realize that she had never been stung by punches as powerful as Amanda's. Her boyfriend said vertigo. Was that ever backed up? Why did she almost missing weigh ins?

To reiterate I am not taking anything away from The Lioness. In addition I am not questioning Tate's heart, skill, legitimacy... I have seen the ridiculous posts that the RNC was not under the chin. Tate was out on her feet before she collapsed to the canvass and ate hammer fists. It is a testament to her toughness and durability that she was not KOd. I had to look away when Nunes was teeing off of on her against the cage. Dean was close to stopping it.
And the courage of Tate to do post fight interview and then presser with her nose in towel. Wow. She is not a normal female, despite her femininity.
Another point...and I am not saying this was difference because it wasn't but was it ever conclusive if the illegal knee connected? Also is it illegal to throw a knee to a grounded opponent or to connect with said knee?
CFF
Fighters previously had the option to weigh in in the morning or afternoon but that card only had the morning weigh in. Thus she almost missed it.

She had a poor weight cut, looked like shit at weigh ins and didn't look as good as she normally did on fight night. It showed in her performance. Not sure what else to say.
This. I know it's unheard of with most of the commentariat here (who are immediately ready to label any statement on the fight as a lousy excuse) but people occasionally have off nights where they just don't have it. It happens in every sport. It's just more pronounced in individual sports, particularly fighting.

i never liked her. body looks super roided, fake teets, attention whore, not hot, tons of makeup. ronda destroyed her twice, holly had her beat...
Ban this fighter basher. Hater right there.

She didnt look like herself the moment she walked out and it showed during the fight. Even though im sure nunes has a lot of power it seemed like miesha had no strength at all and ive never seen her getting ragdolled like that. Then there were this pictures of her on the floor during the weight cut..

I think the only reason we dont hear miesha talk more about this is because she doesnt like to make excuses. Shes a tough girl. I hope she comes back stronger from this.

Agree. Would like to see the fight one day. But damn she needs to learn to take her head off of the center line once in a while. The only one shittier in that respect is Rousey. (well, Peggy Morgan, but we are talking WBW).

Only GDR possibly has the same power as Nunes at WBW. Nunes can crack, and that is something I never, ever though I would say about a 135 lbs. woman.
She did a good job keeping her head movement against Holly. As I said that was not the Tate that fought Holly. Not saying it would have made a difference but it might have been more competitive.

But damn she needs to learn to take her head off of the center line once in a while. The only one shittier in that respect is Rousey. (well, Peggy Morgan, but we are talking WBW).

I thought she did an awesome job in the holm fight if you look back at her striking some years ago.

She didnt look like herself the moment she walked out and it showed during the fight. Even though im sure nunes has a lot of power it seemed like miesha had no strength at all and ive never seen her getting ragdolled like that. Then there were this pictures of her on the floor during the weight cut..

I think the only reason we dont hear miesha talk more about this is because she doesnt like to make excuses. Shes a tough girl. I hope she comes back stronger from this.
Yes, I meant to point out the way Amanda threw her around during takedown attempts.

She did a good job keeping her head movement against Holly. As I said that was not the Tate that fought Holly. Not saying it would have made a difference but it might have been more competitive.

I thought she did an awesome job in the holm fight if you look back at her striking some years ago.

Yeah, that was her best performance. She needed to be her absolute best that night, and damn if she didn't manage.

But still gets hit far too much, and has been fighting for ten years.

Is she? I'd like to see her rematch Zingano before I say that, her hail mary against Holm probably wouldn't happen again.
Nunes of course-1 I will give you Holm even though she beat her. And it wasn't hail Marry. She won round 2 by 10 to 8. Would have been draw-2. Rousey if she is indeed still fighting although I doubt that-3. I'd take Pena cause she is younger stronger and hungrier-4. Cat is tough call but I will give you that too. Tate #6 then. Love Valentina but I like Tate to get her on ground. Too small for Tate top game.

Yeah, that was her best performance. She needed to be her absolute best that night, and damn if she didn't manage.

But still gets hit far too much, and has been fighting for ten years.
Agree fully. Even if she isn't done she needs to start thinking of it. She has too much going for her to end up with CTE.

I think she looked fine. Right until she ate a punch to the face. It's amazing how that changes your gameplan

Where's the pics? From the neck down only please.

i never liked her. body looks super roided, fake teets, attention whore, not hot, tons of makeup. ronda destroyed her twice, holly had her beat...

I agree.. maybe not 100% on all the points you mentioned but I'm close enough.

Back