Michelle Obama gave the best speech of the entire campaign season tonight-- hands down

Speech was good, but other than that, what has she done besides fuck up kids school lunches and wear $3000 clothes while giving a speech to the poor. and go on a bunch of vacations.
Yeah, she should've spent her time consulting astrologists and cheerleading for the "war on drugs" like Nancy.

Most of the speeches have been good....if you believe in the platform they stand for.

If you don't, it's just well delivered drivel. This shit won't be changing any minds.

proves herself to be full of shit like the rest of them .. someone else posted it but I'll repeat it .. 'don't let anyone tell you this country isn't great blah blah' .. same idiot who said 'for the first time i'm proud to be blah blah ' .. full of shit .. no credibility

She definitely had the best speech of the night. As a relatively new parent, her approach and use of the concept of the President as a role model for our kids struck me as particularly relevant. I don't know if I would have found it as powerful if I was single with no kids or if my kid had already grown up and left the house.

I thought Warren's speech was terrible. Every time she said "rigged", I thought "you mean like the DNC?" Every time you mentioned the rich and powerful conspiring against the little guy, I thought "You mean like Hillary and the DNC against Sanders?" Just hypocritical stuff all the way through.

I think its fitting that they put Sarah Silverman out there between some literal stammering retards, and homeless illegal immigrants.

I think the reason why Hillary is so unpopular with moderate white guys like myself is that she has done to much shady stuff.

The thing is, almost every accusation of "shady stuff" is false.

Look at this "joke" from another thread:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and With A smile on his face, says, "The media are really tearing you apart for That Scandal."

Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"
Trump: "No, the other one."

Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"

Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"

Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?

Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"

Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"

Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"

Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"
Trump: "No the other one:"

Hillary: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"

Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"

Hillary: "Turning our backs on Israel?"

Hillary: "The joke Iran Nuke deal? "

Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "

Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"

Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"

Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"

Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware and China when Bill left Office?"
Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".

Those claims are almost all false or have nothing to do with Clinton (some are dumb but not technically false--like the Iran deal was great and Clinton deserves partial credit for it, but it just implies that it was self-evidently some kind of scandal).

I mean she has done so many things, which by itself would not be that big of an issue, its just the number of things she has taken the wrong position on. I mean are you comfortable voting for someone that was in favor for the Iraq war? Also I strongly dislike her playing "the woman's car" all woman I have voted for never did that. Because for me it doesn't matter if you are male or female.

The Iraq War vote doesn't bother me at all. The "women's card" thing isn't my bag, but whatever. I don't really understand people raging about it.

My view of her is influenced by Favreau's piece: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...more-important-than-electing-obama-in-08.html.

And there's also a story that Elizabeth Warren told that gets repeated by people who are highly critical. Warren says that there was this bankruptcy bill that was going to pass that she thought was horrible, and she was making a stink about it. So Hillary asked her to explain her position. Warren says that Clinton showed an impressive ability to grasp the issue right away, and she went back to the WH, and immediately caused everyone to do a 180 on it, killing the bill. But then, as senator, a similar bill came up, and Clinton voted for it. Warren expresses dismay and implies that Clinton was bought off, but if you look into it, what happened was that the bill was going to pass with or without Clinton, but she bargained to get an amendment that she liked into it in exchange for giving it more bipartisan support (and she spoke out against some elements of it in her statement). That might be offensive to purity people, who people who are generally disgusted by the way politics works, but the way I see it, when she had the power to kill it, she killed it, when she saw an inevitable loss on the horizon, she took a practical step to minimize the effect of the loss. That seems like exactly what you want. I think she's showing the controlled aggression and pressure of someone like RDA, when a lot of people want someone like Jay R. Palmer.

Last edited:
Please fuck off with that "oppressed people" nonsense. It's 2016, if you work hard, you will find success. There is zero institutionalized racism in this country. You could even argue that that you would have an easier time growing up a minority nowadays (affirmative action, etc).
I can't stand BLM but to say there's no institutionalized racism simply isn't true.

ALL OF THEM.

ready-made, pandering, dishonest, written by people that look at PR trends, meaningless.
You mean to slather that mayo all over both sides of the bread, GOP and Dem, I'm sure.
Otherwise you're casting the GOP in a light they haven't earned and don't deserve.

You mean to slather that mayo all over both sides of the bread, GOP and Dem, I'm sure.
Otherwise you're casting the GOP in a light they haven't earned and don't deserve.
like i said, i mean all of them, both big party conventions.

The thing is, almost every accusation of "shady stuff" is false.

Look at this "joke" from another thread:

Those claims are almost all false or have nothing to do with Clinton (some are dumb but not technically false--like the Iran deal was great and Clinton deserves partial credit for it, but it just implies that it was self-evidently some kind of scandal).

The Iraq War vote doesn't bother me at all. The "women's card" thing isn't my bag, but whatever. I don't really understand people raging about it.

My view of her is influenced by Favreau's piece: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...more-important-than-electing-obama-in-08.html.

The issue is when you say almost all of the accusation of shady stuff are false you seem like someone that can not see things clearly. Do you honesty believe all that stuff is just fabricated by right wing media? How can she claim to be for working class America, and turn around and not release her speeches on Wall street? Do you honestly believe if she would have said anything in those speeches that profit her with the working class vote she wouldn't release those straight away? And that is why she might loose the election, because moderate white guys will think like that, stay home or might vote for turmp IMO

He's not even the worst President in your lifetime.

You should look into a dude named Warren G. Harding.

Obama making himself judge, jury, and executioner of an American citizen with no trial, no charges even to be read, makes him objectively and measurably the worst president in our lifetime.

Any achievements he may have accomplished are overshadowed by his extrajudicial killing of an American citizen.

I can't stand BLM but to say there's no institutionalized racism simply isn't true.

I actually went looking for specific examples of institutional racism, and to be honest, most of the modern examples seemed to be involved in the justice and legal system. Perhaps if you don't get involved with the police in the first place, you won't go to prison.

Seems to me, no matter who you are, in 2016, if you

Stay in school
Stay off drugs
Don't have a child as a child
Work hard
Be respectful

You'll do just fine.

Great speech by Michelle Obama, easily the best delivered thus far of either convention.

although I really liked Mike Pence's as well..

My biggest gripe with the speech is of course who she's endorsing and the accolades she afforded Hillary Clinton. It's just difficult for me to accept Clinton as some great leader and bastion of morality.

That being said, the execution, endorsement and delivery of the speech was a 9/10.

Obama making himself judge, jury, and executioner of an American citizen with no trial, no charges even to be read, makes him objectively and measurably the worst president in our lifetime.
You mean the guy who was churning out propaganda videos for ISIS?

Yeah, I'm sure you feel genuinely betrayed.

She brought some fire for sure, when they needed it most.

lol @ passionate Bernie supporters.

Who the f**k wants that wimpy geriatric running the country? Serious?

Back