Michelle Obama gave the best speech of the entire campaign season tonight-- hands down

The party leadership fucked up, but Bernie was starting to piss me off with his sniveling.
Do those Sanders idiots really want a President Trump?
Time for everybody to get their shit together, or they'll fumble this on the one yard line and be epically humiliated.

Its not sniveling to be upset when a crooked candidate plants her croonies in the DNC, and literally cheats you every step of the way during the campaign.

It was ehh. Glad se acknowledged America is the greatest country on earth.

But she lost me with the slavery shit. FFS you're the first lady, you're not oppressed.

Its not sniveling to be upset when a crooked candidate plants her croonies in the DNC, and literally cheats you every step of the way during the campaign.
He can whine about it but he was never going to be President, and the best chance of avoiding a President Shitforbrains is party unity behind the most likely candidate.
And any Sanders supporter that votes Trump over Clinton is a complete tool.

It was ehh. Glad se acknowledged America is the greatest country on earth.

But she lost me with the slavery shit. FFS you're the first lady, you're not oppressed.
I don't recall hearing her claim to be oppressed.

Not sure if you guys saw it, but she simply outshone every speaker I've seen this entire campaign season in any party. Melania could parrot every word, pantomime every gesture, and steal every glimmer of inspiration to fill that vacuous space between her ears where her own thoughts should be, but she will never be able to fill our First Lady's shoes.

She killed all the divisive anger that commanded the morning and afternoon between the "Bernie or Bust" crowd and the Clinton camp on the floor. The NPR commentators and their assembled panel of various journalists devoted much of their time to discussing the palpable change in the mood as she spoke before Bernie came out to formally endorse Hillary and unite the convention.

This is the most impressive public appearance she has ever delivered, IMO.

The spech was delivered very well. I also always liked Michelle. I just lose respect immediately for anyone praising Hillary Clinton.
I dont know why I hate that woman so much I am not even American. I just cant help myself there is something about her, I dont think its because she is female because in the last 3 elections I voted in, I voted for a woman that was running vs a man.

The first I thought after Michelle said Hillary wont quit, well neither did Hilter and Stalin. She should have quit a long time ago, when most things you do are wrong and negatively effect peoples, it would be a lot better for everyone if she would be a quitter.
I know that its not a reasonable opinion to compare Hillary with Hitler I just cant help it.

pretty good speech.

will sound better when Melania Trump gives it in 4 years

Am I the only one who never cares about the speeches of first-ladies? Seriously, just shut your mouth, and smile and wave.

I dont like the idea of giving spouses of the president any kind of power. Don't want their reforms or anything. Your husband was elected, not you.

Meh, didn't do anything for me. She had good delivery but the substance of her speech, like Corey Booker, was a bunch of nonsense.

The whole waking up in a house built by slaves bit, it's old by now.
It's her reality.
I'm no big supporter of black causes but if that were my reality, I'd use comparatively rare opportunities to speak to a wide audience to bring attention to the fact.
If she'd made that the focus of her speech, I'd agree.

The spech was delivered very well. I also always liked Michelle. I just lose respect immediately for anyone praising Hillary Clinton.
I dont know why I hate that woman so much I am not even American. I just cant help myself there is something about her, I dont think its because she is female because in the last 3 elections I voted in, I voted for a woman that was running vs a man.

It's just media manipulation. You hear enough false accusations and extreme hatred, and you naturally start to question if there's validity to the general picture (even if the individual factual assertions are refuted) and you start to go along with the mob.

The whole waking up in a house built by slaves bit, it's old by now.

She's not claiming to be oppressed, she's talking about how far America has come. She used it once before, and not many people saw it. She probably liked it, and used it again for a bigger audience. It is kind of amazing. America, fuck yeah!

The only thing worse is US Senate speeches with endless standing ovations.

I fucking hate standing ovations. They have become a standard element of TV shows and there by completely fake.

I fucking hate standing ovations. They have become a standard element of TV shows and there by completely fake.

They're certainly fake at the SOTU addresses. That is pretty embarrassing. It's like pro-wrestling moves. People develop an immunity to regular applause so there's pressure to keep stepping up their enthusiasm for ordinary comments that they agree with.

It's her reality.
I'm no big supporter of black causes but if that were my reality, I'd use comparatively rare opportunities to speak to a wide audience to bring attention to the fact.
If she'd made that the focus of her speech, I'd agree.

Her reality is she is a very well off lawyer who attended great schools, and is married to the president.... These are not her first comments about the white house btw.

She is intelligent, and hard working. Unfortunately, she implies with her remarks in the past that somehow people are held down. If she told the people in America, of any race, to work as hard as she did, instead of complaining. We would be much better off.

the bullshit behind these speeches is palpable.

I think how one views a speech like Michelle's or Corey's depends on what you identify with. If the whole slavery, racism, we shall overcome schtick resonates with you then I would imagine you found those speeches great. But if you roll your eyes at discussing slavery and jim crow in 2016 then you would also roll your eyes at these speeches.

Her reality is she is a very well off lawyer who attended great schools, and is married to the president.... These are not her first comments about the white house btw.

She is intelligent, and hard working. Unfortunately, she implies with her remarks in the past that somehow people are held down. If she told the people in America, of any race, to work as hard as she did, instead of complaining. We would be much better off.
She doesn't need to imply something that's clearly true.
But I agree with much of what you say here.

He can whine about it but he was never going to be President, and the best chance of avoiding a President Shitforbrains is party unity behind the most likely candidate.
And any Sanders supporter that votes Trump over Clinton is a complete tool.

Pfffft . . . anyone still seeing the Democratic party as anything other than "the establishment" after the leaked emails is a complete tool.

I don't care if you vote for Trump or not, but if you honestly think HRC is what's best for this country you need to move. People rag on Bush/Cheney and then cast a blind eye on the Clintons. Pathetic.

Back