Michael Jackson Is The Best Pop Artist Ever

The Beatles are laughing at this thread.

I do love Mj though but really no one can touch the Beatles.

Yep pretty much the greatest pop star ever. The beatles are good as well but I think MJ crossed more genres.

I as well have questions about the pedo thing, I think he never grew up mentally, but I dont think he molested kids, I think he just related to them because his Dads abuse and his response was to emotionally regress. Especially after the phone calls with the parents banking on money, and not actually caring about anything else.

Does it matter?

In a historical stand point it does. Especially In regards to the rise of Rick n roll in America.

Who would have guessed blacks weren't treated properly back in the day by the music industry.

I think most people who follow the roots of music in the states know this information already.

lol sorry, im not very pop culture savvy, so um, i may not know the guy's name :x

You
Not even close. Doesn't matter how you define pop, there are so many artists i find better.

Name me any respected band/artist and they'll have at least one song i like more than MJs entire discography. He has some songs i don't mind, a couple that i like, but zero songs that i think are great.

Zero ?
please send me your "great"songs list

I agree with the premise of the thread... but only heretics and blasphemers are gonna disagree with you. This didn't need a thread at all.

Which Beatle?

Thread is about an artist. Not a band.

The thread title says best pop artist. The Beatles are such.

MJ is below the Beatles at the #2 spot. This is obvious. Plus the Beatles have longevity.

But if you're going by a SINGLE artist that MJ takes it easily. I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

When I was a kid I loved MJ, all the kids loved him.

Lol that sentence sounds funny actually

In a historical stand point it does. Especially In regards to the rise of Rick n roll in America. Who would have guessed blacks weren't treated properly back in the day by the music industry. I think most people who follow the roots of music in the states know this information already.

Was Elvis just a handsome guy or did he sing and make classic songs too? He was the right guy at the right time. There was never a black Elvis before Elvis. All of your favourite bands 'stole' as you say from someone else, all of them. It's called influence. Elvis was a force and nobody had his sexuality back then. None of the other white acts had what Elvis had and they were all on par with the other big black acts too, Elvis stepped over all of them with music, good looks and controversy. Every white rock band and star in the 60's credits black musicians, and Elvis. I've seen plenty of bio's etc for all kinds and the Beatles, Zeppelin, The Stones, Clapton, David Gilmour all credit black music and if you listen to the right stuff you'll hear all those guitarist in the old Blues riffs ....... anyways, not even sure what I'm defending here... who's the best? I choose Elvis based on popularity and influence, not just popularity. I'm not even really an Elvis fan.

I don't want to get into some lame racial divide over music here so I'm changing the subject because it's late on a saturday night.... when I listen to the song below by Albert King I hear David Gilmour from Pink Floyd's Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Jimmy Page's Since I've been Lovin you... Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, BB King... I'm sure there's more but that's who I hear, a bunch of white guys and a couple black guys... all influenced by Albert King. No doubt King listened to Robert Johnson & BB King and was influenced by them, then Albert plays his stuff and then all those guys I listed above heard Albert King and incorporated what he did into their own stuff, maybe even BB King too, the whole thing goes full circle. Black or white has nothing to do with it when it comes to music. Not to me.

Listen to this, at least the first 5 minutes and hear how music can evolve from influence. Enjoy. :)

Drops mic.

Was Elvis just a handsome guy or did he sing and make classic songs too? He was the right guy at the right time. There was never a black Elvis before Elvis. All of your favourite bands 'stole' as you say from someone else, all of them. It's called influence. Elvis was a force and nobody had his sexuality back then. None of the other white acts had what Elvis had and they were all on par with the other big black acts too, Elvis stepped over all of them with music, good looks and controversy. Every white rock band and star in the 60's credits black musicians, and Elvis. I've seen plenty of bio's etc for all kinds and the Beatles, Zeppelin, The Stones, Clapton, David Gilmour all credit black music and if you listen to the right stuff you'll hear all those guitarist in the old Blues riffs ....... anyways, not even sure what I'm defending here... who's the best? I choose Elvis based on popularity and influence, not just popularity. I'm not even really an Elvis fan.

I don't want to get into some lame racial divide over music here so I'm changing the subject because it's late on a saturday night.... when I listen to the song below by Albert King I hear David Gilmour from Pink Floyd's Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Jimmy Page's Since I've been Lovin you... Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, BB King... I'm sure there's more but that's who I hear, a bunch of white guys and a couple black guys... all influenced by Albert King. No doubt King listened to Robert Johnson & BB King and was influenced by them, then Albert plays his stuff and then all those guys I listed above heard Albert King and incorporated what he did into their own stuff, maybe even BB King too, the whole thing goes full circle. Black or white has nothing to do with it when it comes to music. Not to me.

Listen to this, at least the first 5 minutes and hear how music can evolve from influence. Enjoy. :)

Drops mic.

To deny racism existed during the early years of American rock and roll is like denying water is wet.

It's really not even up for a debate.

Is Elvis cool, yeah I think everyone sees he has swag. That doesn't change the fact that black artists were treated very poorly during this era.

But that has nothing to do with this thread.

Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller.png

Didn't know this was debatable. Thought it was considered fact.

Back