Michael Jackson Is The Best Pop Artist Ever

Elvis inspired everyone that matters in Classic Rock before MJ was even born.

Where in Tupelo Mississippi do you think Elvis learned to dance, sing, and entertain? Have you seen Black Snake Moan?

yea, tripped out how he was a pedophile tho

I have my doubts about that because...

I heard a tape on a news program back when all that started. The father of the kid was caught on tape saying... "Yeah, there's no way we don't get any money! NO WAY! He's gonna pay through the nose! We're gonna be RICH!"

He didn't say "He's going to jail!" or "I want Justice done!" It was money, money, money. Now should MJ have had sleepovers with kids.. NO. But it was never proven that he molested anyone.

I have my doubts about that because...

I heard a tape on a news program back when all that started. The father of the kid was caught on tape saying... "Yeah, there's no way we don't get any money! NO WAY! He's gonna pay through the nose! We're gonna be RICH!"

He didn't say "He's going to jail!" or "I want Justice done!" It was money, money, money. Now should MJ have had sleepovers with kids.. NO. But it was never proven that he molested anyone.
I personally don't think he was molesting kids.

tumblr_n8clfwRZdT1tu7965o1_500.gif

63674-james-brown-dancing-gif-KbhU.gif

The Godfather of Soul
The Godfather of Funk
The Hardest Working Man in Show Business
Soul Brother #1
Mister Dynamite

James Brown was at the forefront of soul, was one of the creators of funk, had a pivotal role in the creation of hip hop, was an unparalleled live performer in his day, put together some of the greatest bands in the history of recorded music, and could sing with more pure emotion than anyone I've ever heard.

I'd say he topped Jackson, but that's not to diminish MJ's place in music history by any means.

I thought this was universally known.

Not even a debate.

Where in Tupelo Mississippi do you think Elvis learned to dance, sing, and entertain? Have you seen Black Snake Moan?

Again, does it matter? Who invented the Guitar? Who cares...... Where would the Blues be without the Guitar?

Was never a fan. Some of his stuff is okay. Jackson 5 era was best.

Not even close. Doesn't matter how you define pop, there are so many artists i find better.

Name me any respected band/artist and they'll have at least one song i like more than MJs entire discography. He has some songs i don't mind, a couple that i like, but zero songs that i think are great.

Michael Jackson was a bad motherfucker and I celebrate him.

For those who are ready to crucify him, I'd like to point out that he was never convicted of any crime. I actually feel bad for the guy. He never had a chance to have a normal life and clearly wasn't cut out for celebrity.

Without a doubt he is the King.

I know everyone loved Thriller, as do I, but check out his later albums. Dangerous was amazing and Invincible and Xscape are great too. Dude was using dubstep in his music before anyone even knew what it was.

Watch this video if you have the time (dude does an excellent job reviewing the career, the music and the scandals):

Last edited:
I think it's interesting how people accuse whites of stealing black music when how many rap songs blatently steal from 80s white pop bands? Rap is the least musically inspired art form. It's all a rip off.

Saying that, Michael Jackson was something special. I don't think he even molested those kids. People just a rich black dude with eccentric tastes and thought dollar signs.

tumblr_n8clfwRZdT1tu7965o1_500.gif

63674-james-brown-dancing-gif-KbhU.gif

The Godfather of Soul
The Godfather of Funk
The Hardest Working Man in Show Business
Soul Brother #1
Mister Dynamite

James Brown was at the forefront of soul, was one of the creators of funk, had a pivotal role in the creation of hip hop, was an unparalleled live performer in his day, put together some of the greatest bands in the history of recorded music, and could sing with more pure emotion than anyone I've ever heard.

I'd say he topped Jackson, but that's not to diminish MJ's place in music history by any means.

As a pop star Michael is undisputed.

Even as a musician MJ surpasses James Brown.

As a pop star Michael is undisputed.

Even as a musician MJ surpasses James Brown.

As a pop star, I can buy it. MJ did things in the fame department that nobody's done before or since.

I disagree on the other point, Brown was superior.

In any case, you wouldn't have MJ without James Brown, and he would have told you the same:
"Ever since I was a small child, no more than like six years old, my mother would wake me no matter what time it was, if I was sleeping, no matter what I was doing, to watch the television to see the master at work. And when I saw him move, I was mesmerized. I had never seen a performer perform like James Brown, and right then and there I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because of James Brown."

As a pop star, I can buy it. MJ did things in the fame department that nobody's done before or since.

I disagree on the other point, Brown was superior.

In any case, you wouldn't have MJ without James Brown, and he would have told you the same:

I mean your opinion is what it is.

I'm not surprised MJ had James as an influence. James is one of the greatest music icons ever but just because James was MJ's icon doesn't mean James is/was better.

One of my favorite music videos.

captain-obvious-south-park.jpg

But yes, dude is/was a legend and I imagine his music will be around for years and years to come.

Back