Michael Jackson Is The Best Pop Artist Ever

MJ is the GOAT and nobody else even comes close. I grew up listening to Jacko courtesy of my old dear and he always held a special place in my heart. I was genuinely deeply upset when he died and I'm not ashamed to say he is the only celebrity I actually shed tears for. His farewell ceremony tore me up especially with his children up on the stage. Sad the world lost him at such a young age as I think he still had so much more left to give.

The thread title says best pop artist. The Beatles are such.

MJ is below the Beatles at the #2 spot. This is obvious. Plus the Beatles have longevity.

But if you're going by a SINGLE artist that MJ takes it easily. I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

When I was a kid I loved MJ, all the kids loved him.

Lol that sentence sounds funny actually

Longevity? Michal spent 30 yrs at the very top of the music industry. The Beatles had 15-20 yrs tops.

Thriller is the greatest music video EVER.

I kept hoping he'd come back down to Erf and make one more great record like Off the Wall.
*sigh*
Wasted potential. We got robbed of an aging Michael's musical evolution.
Dude got swallowed up by crazy fame and wealth.

The day he died. That summer day. Every dance floor was packed.

It's a shame he was a child molester.

It's more of a shame he was a man-child, and didn't have better handlers stopping him from having sleepovers with children.

I don't think MJ had a sexual bone(hah!) in his body.

I'm old enough to remember this :(

he broke out the Robot, blew minds back then

It's impossible to be in a bad mood listening to MJ. You could project videos of him molesting kids on a big screen while the music played and you still would be tapping your foot and singing along.

The Beatles are laughing at this thread.

I do love Mj though but really no one can touch the Beatles.

The Beatles were more rock and roll, though. In the early 60's, what is considered their more poppy stuff was still rock and roll back then, and the later stuff was definitely rock. MJ takes the pop crown (King of Pop) but I'd say the Beatles were/are #1 in rock and roll history.

Longevity? Michal spent 30 yrs at the very top of the music industry. The Beatles had 15-20 yrs tops.

The Beatles were only together for 10/12 years, which goes to show the longevity of their material since it's still being played today with relevance. But they all separately had hits after they broke up in 1970, Lennon had a lot of great songs, Paul has been going consistently. George Harrison's All Things Must Pass is a classic, Ringo had some good stuff. The Beatles were still having number 1 records and songs in the 90s and 2000s.

It's more of a shame he was a man-child, and didn't have better handlers stopping him from having sleepovers with children.

I don't think MJ had a sexual bone(hah!) in his body.
There are stories about when the Jackson 5 were on tour, his brothers would send hookers to his room so he could lose his virginity, and all Michael did was spread the gospel to them and read to them about Jehovah.

What the Beatles did in a decade, was, and still is, unheard of in the music industry. Doubt something like that will come around again. I

What the Beatles did in a decade, was, and still is, unheard of in the music industry. Doubt something like that will come around again. I
There will never be another band or artist that takes up all top 5 spots on the Billboard, all by themselves.

With a 27-1 second-week blast to the top for "Can't Buy Me Love," the Fab Four locked up the Hot 100's entire top five: No. 1, "Can't Buy Me Love" / No. 2, "Twist and Shout" / No. 3, "She Loves You" / No. 4, "I Want to Hold Your Hand" / No. 5, "Please Please Me"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...ay-the-beatles-boast-nos-1-5-on-billboard-hot

Apparently 50 Cent came close in 2005 with 3 in the top 5....lol.

Back