• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Flynn charged with lying to the FBI

Cant believe people could be so wrapped up in this. Log off.

I think it's interesting but really don't give a shit one way or the other how this turns out.

The dudes ITT defending Trump are the same people you'll see over the next 15 years after impeachment with "Durrr, Trump dindoo nuffin - Ma Deep State stole ma cuntry" bumper stickers plastered all over their slightly-too-nice-for-bumper-stickers car. I can see them lined up in front of the fake country suburban strip-mall saloons now.

<{smellit?}>
Buying new Keurig machines and microwave ovens.

I don't see a massive scandal. How long did Flynn serve as NSA? Two months? We've known he was sleaze for a long time now. That's why he got fired in the first place. I made a thread about his dirty connections with the Turkish government a few weeks back. The guy has no credibility, and I would not be surprised if he were willing to lie to secure a plea agreement to save his own ass.

Charged with lying but "this time I'm really telling the truth"

It's a big hit, but not yet a KO. Unless Flynn can prove that Trump and Palpatine knew about and encouraged his contact with the Russians, it comes down to He Said/She Said. Unless there's a paper trail or a recording, all Trump and Palpatine have to do is deny everything.

This is what I was thinking too. Flynn can say what he wants but does he have proof? It's not like were talking about a guy with an excellent track record for honesty.

Is that a thing? Obviously I can see the deal being invalid if he lies again, but even unsupportable claims would violate the deal? Seems odd.

I was pulling shit out my ass on the supporting with evidence. I guess considering his current status as a known liar if this would go to court and accused any of the members of the transition team with testimony that Flynn couldn't back up it could do a number to the prosecutions case. My guess is if he claims something he better be able to back it up.

This is what I was thinking too. Flynn can say what he wants but does he have proof? It's not like were talking about a guy with an excellent track record for honesty.
They'll corroborate his testimony by using it to catch other actors in lies. That's how these things work.

I wonder if I start repeating these idiotic talking points if they'll accidentally include me in their little bitch whining sessions...?

Flynn admitted to telling a lie, his credibility is shot.

Wasn't it President Trump's job to talk to the leader of Russia? Flynn did nothing wrong.

Flynn just got coffee for them. The head of national security isn't part of the inner circle.

These are all holdovers from the Obama administration and they did their illegal activities before the election. Trump is draining the swamp.

Mueller is on a witch hunt.

EDIT: Google called 911 for me because they think I just had a terrible brain injury.
LOL this post deseves morel likes.

you dont see any reason why covering up russian involvement with the trump campaign is a problem.

Talking to Russians isn't a crime. Alan Dershowitz voted for Hilary and still knows you people are bat shit insane.

And you can bet dollars to doughnuts that will be a major part of Trump's defensive strategy: Flynn has admitted lying to the FBI, so how can you trust anything he says about the President and Vice President?

Like I said, this will hurt Trump and Pence, no doubt about it. But unless there's a smoking gun, it's not enough to finish them.

get the popcorn ready, this is going to be a wild, wild ride

Thanks man. You're really good at avoiding the actual questions and attacking the person asking them instead.

I am. It really helps when the questions are so impossibly dense that only the most dedicated troll or impaired human would ask them.

Flynn is being charged with lying to the FBI about post election discussions with the Russian ambassador. I wonder if any of you cter's realize that Flynn got canned for also lying to the Trump administration about post election discussions with the Russian ambassador.

Why would anyone believe Trumps rationale for firing Flynn though?

I am. It really helps when the questions are so impossibly dense that only the most dedicated troll or impaired human would ask them.

You're batting a thousand. Please keep proving my point.

They'll corroborate his testimony by using it to catch other actors in lies. That's how these things work.

Not that easy. Trump will have the best defence team money can buy. He's been on the wrong end of investigations enough times to listen to his lawyers and give the answers they tell him to. Pence is a career politician so careful of avoiding scandal he refuses to have dinner with a woman unless his wife is also present.

FBI have landed a huge shot. Trump is clinching and trying to get his vision and breath back. But this fight isn't over. Not even close.

And you can bet dollars to doughnuts that will be a major part of Trump's defensive strategy: Flynn has admitted lying to the FBI, so how can you trust anything he says about the President and Vice President?

Like I said, this will hurt Trump and Pence, no doubt about it. But unless there's a smoking gun, it's not enough to finish them.
They wouldn't give him a deal if he didn't have good info for them to get someone else higher up. That is how deals with federal prosecution work.

Talking to Russians isn't a crime. Alan Dershowitz voted for Hilary and still knows you people are bat shit insane.

Then why all the crimes trying to cover it up?

Back