Meltzer 189/190 numbers (so far) & 189 adjusted lower

Estimates are estimates. They change over time as more information comes in. Until the "final estimates" are in, you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

No conspiracy required, bro.

I read it as he was having fun with the dolts that think Meltzer is a shill

Now Meltzer doesnt get all the numbers?? Do his estimates included fightpass and internet orders?

UFC 189 did over a million, the UFC have stated that on the UFC website.

Conor gets paid based on the figure so unlike Meltzer he will know the exact number, he said it beat Mayweather's fight against Marquez which apparently did 1,060,000.

Meltzer's number do not include game console PPV buys, UFC.com or YouTube buys.

So it is very conceivable that Conor is telling the truth.

The UFC will get their "lost marketing money" back when Aldo and mcgregor actually fight. The marketing raised his profile as well

I'll say it again, it's not lost on Rondas team how much was spent to market that fight and they will be looking for an opponent that the UFC can do that on her behalf with. And with that i do think she will outdraw what mcgregor did with Mendes or with Aldo

The problem is, Ronda books herself too tight to do a full world tour like Conor did.
UFC is all Conor does.

Ronda vs Tate will be huge & be promoted as such.

Zuffa loves both girls & Tate is great about putting time in to promote. She is smart enough to know it pays off for her outside of UFC as well.

UFC 189 did over a million, the UFC have stated that on the UFC website.

Conor gets paid based on the figure so unlike Meltzer he will know the exact number, he said it beat Mayweather's fight against Marquez which apparently did 1,060,000.

Meltzer's number do not include game console PPV buys, UFC.com or YouTube buys.

So it is very conceivable that Conor is telling the truth.

The final numbers are not in yet & he won't get paid for months
I know not everyone reads every post, but it has been explained here several times.
A lot of good info in thread regarding these things

UFC has promoted the hell out of those two. It worked. All u can do is give props.

I would like Meltzer to explain why McGregor has said the PPV number was bigger than Mayweather/Marquez.

As we all know. He estimates these figures whilst the guys at UFC have the real knowledge. Cormier said 187 got 375,000 buys whilst Meltzer was estimating 350,000. McGregor has said the number was bigger than 1,060,000.

So someone is way off here.

Even if he loses to Aldo, UFC makes bank because all of a sudden an Aldo PPV breaks a million & after that Aldo (without Conor) should be doing double what he used to.

Also Conor (if he loses) will still help any PPV he is on

Correct .... same thing that happened with Anderson Silva after his fight with Chael Sonnen.

I would like Meltzer to explain why McGregor has said the PPV number was bigger than Mayweather/Marquez.

As we all know. He estimates these figures whilst the guys at UFC have the real knowledge. Cormier said 187 got 375,000 buys whilst Meltzer was estimating 350,000. McGregor has said the number was bigger than 1,060,000.

So someone is way off here.

Explained several times in this thread
Also about 350k is not really far off from 375k lol

For the people claiming Ronda is the bigger draw, ask yourself this.

Who headlines the Mega card in Dallas if it ever happens?

You all know it's the Conor McGregor show.

If you'd asked me a week ago I would have said Conor. Right now, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's either a co-main or Rousey headlines it.

Rousey's just too much of a star right now for the UFC to NOT put her on as at least a co-main.

Let's put it this way... during the pre-fight media scrum, who do you think gets more reporters and interviews? I don't think it will be Conor...

So Connor lied about 189's million ppv buys in his tweet?

Now I'm seriously questioning whether or not he made that $3 million bet with Dana.

No, he didn't He has more access to numbers Meltzer. Meltzer is only estimating.

McGregor vs Aldo because it's the bigger fight but Ronda can still headline against complete nobodies and pop a huge number.

If you'd asked me a week ago I would have said Conor. Right now, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's either a co-main or Rousey headlines it.

Rousey's just too much of a star right now for the UFC to NOT put her on as at least a co-main.

Let's put it this way... during the pre-fight media scrum, who do you think gets more reporters and interviews? I don't think it will be Conor...

Haha, of course it's a Co-Main event, but the last fight is the headliner whatever way you spin it, Conor is fighting other world class fighters, his would be the last fight, I have no doubt.

People seem to be discounting how much Conor's hype generating skills from 189 and the fact that is was an amazing event helped 190's buys...

The only bad news is that 190 stunk so bad that they may well have lost some of that momentum.

Back