Meltzer 189/190 numbers (so far) & 189 adjusted lower

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
EXACT WORDING FROM HIS NEWSLETTER:

At press time it is too early, especially on a show like this, to get accurate PPV numbers. What we do know is that based on early numbers, it looks to be ahead of UFC 189, which had Conor McGregor (which is currently looking at being in the 800,000 to 850,000 range), a record amount of promotion, and a strong undercard. But that show was expected to do big numbers and this was not expected to do anywhere close to that.

Surprised the 189 numbers took a downturn (still good though considering Aldo dropped out)

More info HERE

Last edited:
Oh & for all the dolts that say Meltzer is a paid shill for Dana (anytime he gives a decent number), I am guessing his 189 check from Dana bounced

This is all speculation

Thread soon to be filled with retards celebrating the lower adjustment even though a reduction of great news is still great news in this case.

Congrats to Honda and Conor.

More on 189 that was later in his newsletter

Some updated numbers. The Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes fight did closer to 800,000 to 850,000 buys. As noted, this was a hard one to estimate early because if you look at some of the major market key systems, you'd think it did 1 million or so, but it did not do consistent numbers at that level everywhere. It ended up doing along the lines of the Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight, although the latter didn't come close to the highs in certain markets, but it was more consistent throughout. It's still an amazing number and still shows McGregor as the biggest drawing card in the company given that the featherweights had never done much beforehand and it was a change in opponent that only had two weeks of build.

Thread soon to be filled with retards gloating about the adjustment even though a reduction of great news is still great news in this case.

Of course
If the numbers went from 700-850k they would say BS
But they go down to 850k & it is "haha, Conor failed"

UFC said that they did 1 million PPV's for Conor

Meltzer is just a white knight Ronda lover

EXACT WORDING FROM HIS NEWSLETTER:

Surprised the 189 numbers took a downturn (still good though considering Aldo dropped out)

Even at 800-850K, UFC 189 still had strong numbers and was a great event.

And look at Conor, fighting not Aldo, after that fight was so hyped up STILL pulling 800k+

Superstar. Conor bless.

sounds a bit high but very good - the investment in promotion will pay dividends as i expect connors numbers will be high as long as he keeps winning. aldo may put out the flame.

Thread soon to be filled with retards celebrating the lower adjustment even though a reduction of great news is still great news in this case.

This, its great to see the UFC having stars again.

The real question I have is whether Meltzer's numbers fall in line with what Jeremy Botter's sources are telling him.

For those who missed it, Jeremy Botter says his sources told him that UFC 190 not only beat UFC 189, but clocked in over 1M+ buys and could actually be significantly higher.

Starts at 33:00

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/stream...-radio-2014-with-andrew-sanchez-jeremy-botter

If Conor clocked in at 800k-850k and Rousey clocks in over 1M+ given it was in Rio, without a world tour, and standard levels of promotions that goes past amazing and into mind-boggling territory.

sounds a bit high but very good - the investment in promotion will pay dividends as i expect connors numbers will be high as long as he keeps winning. aldo may put out the flame.

Even if he loses to Aldo, UFC makes bank because all of a sudden an Aldo PPV breaks a million & after that Aldo (without Conor) should be doing double what he used to.

Also Conor (if he loses) will still help any PPV he is on

In a few months, when I bring up the flaws in Meltzer's figures, certain individuals will claim the number going around wasn't a million, just like it wasn't 800K for Rousey-Zingano, etc.

The real question I have is whether Meltzer's numbers fall in line with what Jeremy Botter's sources are telling him.

For those who missed it, Jeremy Botter says his sources told him that UFC 190 not only beat UFC 189, but clocked in over 1M+ buys and could actually be significantly higher.

Starts at 33:00

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/stream...-radio-2014-with-andrew-sanchez-jeremy-botter

If Conor clocked in at 800k-850k and Rousey clocks in over 1M+ given it was in Rio, without a world tour, and standard levels of promotions that goes past amazing and into mind-boggling territory.

Well conor has a change of opponent and aldo pulling out killed the fight for me.

That being said how the hell u do 300k buy rate with mcmann,and 1m +with bethe i have no idea .

Guess people just buying into the ronda effect right now

Back