Meltzer 189/190 numbers (so far) & 189 adjusted lower

All that cartoon trash talking, and Conor was out performed by a girl who can't act...

LAWL.

All that cartoon trash talking, and Conor was out performed by a girl who can't act...

LAWL.

You just brought the thread IQ down considerably :icon_twis

I think Conor got PPV% for that last fight, so he probably has a good idea....

What's more mind-boggling to me is the Conor card was actually decent, and the Ronda card was pretty stretched out with old guys, cans, and nobodys lol. I guess the PPV buying public is dumber then shit.

i think the main event has a lot to do with it. i can almost guarantee the card with weidman vs vitor would have done better if they headlined it and dc vs rumble was the co-main. maybe casuals are so used to boxing that they only pay attention to the main event.

if lawler vs rory was the main event and Conor vs chad was co main, do you think numbers would have been same? lower? higher?

anything 500k and up is a success for a ppv, since they invested so heavily then this one is a loss from a promotional stand point according to Dana White himself. I am sure the next time the investment will pay off . Unless ALdo murks him.

RRR is a legit star and has many female fans. In Mexico she is reaching a huge number of non combat sports fans. Not household but getting alot of attention compared to any UFC fighter, including that fighter masquerading as a Mexican

Anyone know if these ppv numbers include Canada?

The Last Empress.

Ronda Bless.

Nice.:)

The real question I have is whether Meltzer's numbers fall in line with what Jeremy Botter's sources are telling him.

For those who missed it, Jeremy Botter says his sources told him that UFC 190 not only beat UFC 189, but clocked in over 1M+ buys and could actually be significantly higher.

Starts at 33:00

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/stream...-radio-2014-with-andrew-sanchez-jeremy-botter

If Conor clocked in at 800k-850k and Rousey clocks in over 1M+ given it was in Rio, without a world tour, and standard levels of promotions that goes past amazing and into mind-boggling territory.

That's crazy. If true, that blows past what I thought that it would do - 550-600k.

Explained a million times.

It even takes WWE over a month & they are public.

Different companies release their data at different times

DTV seems to do theirs in a week or so.
Some cable companies do it in same time span & some might wait until a certain day (lets say the 1st) to release theirs

So Meltzer gets the info he gets and projects what the others might do % wise.
When he gets final figures, he gives his final number

PPV is not one company, if it was then it would be easier.

Yeah I know that, but it seems somewhat ridiculous it takes them this long to publish their figures. Even with accounting period considerations I'd expect them pretty early the following month, but what the hell do I know about it.

I'm sure 189 did well and it seems 190 did better. If you would have told me a month ago 190 would outsell 189 I'd say you were nuts, but it seems to be trending that way.

Pretty remarkable back-to-back buy figures for the UFC.

With the world tour and all the ads and promotion for the Connor fight, I'd be interested to know how much all that cost. I certainly hadn't seen the UFC invest so much in any other fight in recent memory, even Chael-SIlva 2.

Pretty sure Dana White is on record saying the UFC spent more on the promotion for that card than any other in the history of Zuffa

anything 500k and up is a success for a ppv, since they invested so heavily then this one is a loss from a promotional stand point according to Dana White himself. I am sure the next time the investment will pay off . Unless ALdo murks him.

RRR is a legit star and has many female fans. In Mexico she is reaching a huge number of non combat sports fans. Not household but getting alot of attention compared to any UFC fighter, including that fighter masquerading as a Mexican

Anyone know if these ppv numbers include Canada?

Love the Cain slam lol

Yes Canada is included.
All of North America

Yeah I know that, but it seems somewhat ridiculous it takes them this long to publish their figures. Even with accounting period considerations I'd expect them pretty early the following month, but what the hell do I know about it.

When it comes to a company holding on to $$$, they will wait as long as they can

given the hype & expensive promotion, Conor - Mendes doing "only" 800k is below expectations but, as the article points out, still a very, very good number.

As always, the question should be how may of those fans are going watch the next one.

RR seems to have staying power even on weak cards fighting cans.

Personally, I think a lot of people are also going to tune into Conor's next fight.

given the hype & expensive promotion, Conor - Mendes doing "only" 800k is below expectations but, as the article points out, still a very, very good number.

As always, the question should be how may of those fans are going watch the next one.

Personally, I think a lot of people are also going to tune into Conor's next fight.

I think Conor vs Aldo does over a million. I think he has a big wave of interest now after 189 and Aldo is the fight everyone wants.

It seems like Ronda can do huge numbers fighting a grappling dummy now, too.

I think that the 189 casuals have a much bigger chance at becoming fans.
That was an incredible card.

190 casuals will buy Ronda vs Tate even more-so, because a lot know Tate & a lot were not watching the last two times.
I don't think many casuals watching 190 would be hooked by the other fights on the card

I don't think the people who buy Ronda's cards will tune into other MMA fights, so her numbers don't really hold any significance with me.

EXACT WORDING FROM HIS NEWSLETTER:

Surprised the 189 numbers took a downturn (still good though considering Aldo dropped out)

More info HERE

Meltzer is a shill and on the pay roll.

I mean he downgraded his original estimate...O wait, he would not do that if he was on the payroll, he would have kept it where it was....hmm

So much for Mystic Mac's shitty predictions huh.

Got beaten by a girl. Wonder what he's gonna say now.

Meltzer is a shill and on the pay roll.

I mean he downgraded his original estimate...O wait, he would not do that if he was on the payroll, he would have kept it where it was....hmm

Estimates are estimates. They change over time as more information comes in. Until the "final estimates" are in, you have to take everything with a grain of salt, and even then, they are still estimates based on the best available information.

No conspiracy required, bro.

you do realize the hype and expensive promotion was for aldo vs mcgregor? how many buys would it have fine if mcgregor was the one to drop out?

ronda though has proven to be a huge star. she has been fighting nobody's with some of the worst undercards and still selling well.

The UFC will get their "lost marketing money" back when Aldo and mcgregor actually fight. The marketing raised his profile as well

I'll say it again, it's not lost on Rondas team how much was spent to market that fight and they will be looking for an opponent that the UFC can do that on her behalf with. And with that i do think she will outdraw what mcgregor did with Mendes or with Aldo

I don't think the people who buy Ronda's cards will tune into other MMA fights, so her numbers don't really hold any significance with me.

I only buy Ronda ppv but I watch all of them if you catch my drift

Back