Medicare coverage ban on sex-change surgery lifted

if you want to ban sex change from being covered by public insurance may be we should ban erectile dysfunction treatment as well

hmmmm

Yeah, and people on particular types of disability. According to my back of the napkin estimate when my wife and I were talking about this last night this will affect around a dozen people :icon_chee. (obviously I don't know how many but the number is certainly small)

Good for them I say. I'm fine with my medicare contributions (or whatever) going to this, certainly more fine than I am to have to pay for treatment of cirrhosis or lung cancer.

Wow. Quite a telling statement.

Your last part brought to mind, a lot of old time doctors and engineers I've known, and the people they looked up to. These old time hard assed workoholics. The type back in the day that innovated and developed procedures and tools and things that people take for granted now, because they work so well.

Some of them had bad habits and suffered the last years of their lives, but basically you'd say fuck using public funds to help them, over a guy who just doesn't feel like looking at his dick anymore!

Mind boggling to me.

Last edited:
if you want to ban sex change from being covered by public insurance may be we should ban erectile dysfunction treatment as well

hmmmm

Agreed, no one should have to pay for your boner.

a bunch of loonies are running this country. We are in serious trouble.

Wow. Quite a telling statement.

Your last part brought to mind, a lot of old time doctors and engineers I've known, and the people they looked up to. These old time hard assed workoholics. The type back in the day that innovated and developed procedures and tools and things that people take for granted now, because they work so well.

Some of them had bad habits and suffered the last years of their lives, but basically you'd say fuck using public funds to help them, over a guy who just doesn't feel like looking at his dick anymore!

Mind boggling to me.
The two examples I pointed to are activities that people undertake (myself included) that they know can cause severe health problems. With only a few exceptions, if you've got lung cancer or cirrhosis you have those problems because of actions you knowingly took, knowing full well the potential health consequences. I actually don't have a huge problem with covering those treatments either but I'd say it is more odd that you're willing to pay for those repercussions but not sex-changes. And, as mentioned, this is a fiscally irrelevant change.

Frankly the whole idea of sex changes is mind-boggling to me but it is so foreign that I consider deferring to psychiatric experts to be the only reasonable response.

If Tax money is going to be used, I'd rather it go for life saving than life changing Treatments.

Want to change your life, by all means do it, but on your own dime please. (my opinion on sex changes)

What are you doing on here on a Sunday?

I would like to have a second crank...... as back up. Just in case.
It would definitely make my life better, AND, I am pretty sure I was supposed to be born this way.

I would like to have a second crank...... as back up. Just in case.
It would definitely make my life better, AND, I am pretty sure I was supposed to be born this way.

What if the Go'vt agreed to do it for you, but you couldn't choose where they stuck it?

What other cosmetic surgeries will be covered by the tax payer now? Nose jobs? Calf implants?

lets give trannies their surgeries yet shit on vets
This change is likely to affect a miniscule number of people. It is irrelevant fiscally and completely irrelevant to the VA travesty.

This change is likely to affect a miniscule number of people. It is irrelevant fiscally and completely irrelevant to the VA travesty.

Fuck the money and the amount of people affected. Its the point and principal of the matter.

Fuck the money and the amount of people affected. Its the point and principal of the matter.
What is the point and the principle?
Earlier you made a point about the VA. I agree, strongly, with concerns about the VA. That point is, however, irrelevant to this issue.

Is your point and principle instead that you think sex change issues are just bullshit? Based on what? As I said, the whole thing is rather foreign to me so I'm happy to defer to psychiatrists and those that actually have looked into the issue. What's the basis of you disagreeing with that?

Given the numbers and cost there aren't any real arguments about that for this topic. The only issue seems to be "eww".

What is the point and the principle?
Earlier you made a point about the VA. I agree, strongly, with concerns about the VA. That point is, however, irrelevant to this issue.

Is your point and principle instead that you think sex change issues are just bullshit? Based on what? As I said, the whole thing is rather foreign to me so I'm happy to defer to psychiatrists and those that actually have looked into the issue. What's the basis of you disagreeing with that?

I think its bullshit that tax payer money goes to that. Whats next? Covering boob jobs?

Back