Medicare coverage ban on sex-change surgery lifted

^^This^^

And to think, they act offended when someone suggests that incest or polygamy will be allowed.

I told you we should have never allowed them gays to marry each other. Do you think this new tax burden could be Jesus' punishment for our diseased, devilish society?

I told you we should have never allowed them gays to marry each other. Do you think this new tax burden could be Jesus' punishment for our diseased, devilish society?

Brother this country was headed down hill long before same-sex marriage - and I actually support civil unions with full marriage benefits.

edit: I also support consensual incestuous marriage if that's what makes you happy.

It's amazing our species has survived this long without it.

I know right.

I suspect there are things that medicare doesn't cover, that could be far more useful to an old person than this sort of thing, which strikes me simply as a "want".

The Gay/Lesbian lobby must really be getting strong, or somebody needs a vote boost or something. At taxpayer expense.

I think it won't be too long until various body modification surgeries are normal. Sex reassignment surgery is just the tip of the iceberg. There will come a day where things like cyber-enhancements, reconstructive surgery, etc. are commonplace and a normal part of the "pursuit of happiness"

are we allowed to say we don't agree with this without the gay mafia putting a hit on us?

or is this not gay and considered something completely different we aren't allowed to have an opinion about

Depends where you are. Bigotry against trannys is already frowned upon in my neck of hte woods. But depending on how far out in nowhere you live, you probably got another decade or so until it becomes a serious faux pas.

Depends where you are. Bigotry against trannys is already frowned upon in my neck of hte woods. But depending on how far out in nowhere you live, you probably got another decade or so until it becomes a serious faux pas.

so is calling them trannys, they're claiming that's the same as the n word
hope you don't get banned or something

I do not identify with my car. Govt needs to buy me a ferrarri or I may become suicidal driving this pos I have.

Man, reading some of the comments under the article is bumming me out. It really is mind blowing that Medicare will cover this bullshit, but doesn't help people who have actual medical conditions which seriously effects their quality of life.

Being 77 years old and retired military, I am on both Medicare and TriCare for Life. I am on oxygen and have to use a BiPap at night. I have been getting a very usable mask for the high pressure of my BiPap for over 5 years. This year Medicare changed on how they fund both my oxygen and BiPap supplies. I can no long get the mask that is REQUIRED for the high pressure, but must use masks that will not handle the pressure properly. They constantly leak air while I am trying to sleep. I can't get more that 4 1/2 to 5 hours of sleep a night. I can't get any help from the VA because I make to much money on my retirement ($35,000 annually for me and my wife). I can't afford the $850.00 for the 90 cay supplies for my BiPap. I guess I'll just turn over and die. And to rub more salt in the wound, I (like all who enlisted prior to 31 December 1956) was promised to never have to pay for any of my medical bills if I was to give the USAF 20 years of my life which I did. I have just found out that I was exposed to AGENT ORANGE while serving in South East Asia during the Vietnam Conflict. I pray that I can get approval through the VA for this problem. Maybe then I can get the help that I need, if I don't die first. I am at a loss as to what else to do.

Good to know that we have our priorities in check.

lol at this circle jerk. I would rather my tax dollars contribute to someones transition from Larry to Lana than the exorbitant military budget.

You think its a good use of tax revenue?

Sounds like a slippery slope when medicare covers plastic surgery to modify physical appearance. I'm sure there are plenty of medicare recipients that feel like a young person trapped in an old person's body. So should facelifts, breast lifts and tummy tucks be covered as well?

I find it hard to believe that tax money would go towards paying for sex-change operations.

I wonder what's more cost effective; trying to treat gender identity disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, or appeasing their mental illness and physical mutations by giving them their much desired hormones and genital mutilation.

Man, reading some of the comments under the article is bumming me out. It really is mind blowing that Medicare will cover this bullshit, but doesn't help people who have actual medical conditions which seriously effects their quality of life.

Good to know that we have our priorities in check.

This how about they pay for real medical needs first.

I cannot wait till peen enhancements become covered.

I've always identified myself with having a huge peen, as a direct link from all the lies girls told me early on in my life. If I do not get this operation, how am I ever to not feel like a stranger in my own body?

Does anyone who actually opposes this have a background in medicine or any professional experience which would lead you to conclude this isn't necessary/good for the people receiving this treatment, or are you just bitching because another group in society is benefiting and you don't like it...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back