Medicare coverage ban on sex-change surgery lifted

Does anyone who actually opposes this have a background in medicine or any professional experience which would lead you to conclude this isn't necessary/good for the people receiving this treatment, or are you just bitching because another group in society is benefiting and you don't like it...?

So you need to be medically qualified to have an opinion?, also, don't post op tranny's still have a high suicide rate?. what a waste of money and a disgusting message to send out to society

So you need to be medically qualified to have an opinion?, also, don't post op tranny's still have a high suicide rate?. what a waste of money and a disgusting message to send out to society

Well you don't have to be, but without having some kind of knowledge or insight why should anyone consider you credible..?

Well you don't have to be, but without having some kind of knowledge or insight why should anyone consider you credible..?

I don't need to know about their condition to understand that its wrong to make joe public pay for their genitalia to be mutilated

don't you have to be 65 to be covered by medicare?

Disgusting. If you want cosmetic surgery to pretend that you are something other than what every strand of your DNA says you are then do it on your own dime. This just goes to show how horribly corrupt our society is becoming. The foundations of human civilization are being demonized as bigotry and every superficial and selfish perversion is being enshrined as essential. Insanity.

I don't need to know about their condition to understand that its wrong to make joe public pay for their genitalia to be mutilated

So the fact the modern health care professionals across the world suggest and perform this as a remedy to what appears to be a legitimate psychological issue doesn't matter to you, you've just figured it as wrong? I thought gender change surgery is generally considered a relatively uncontroversial treatment for those who clearly need it - which it seems to be lots of cases. Why should this be restricted if it's conducive to living a better life and endorsed by medical professionals?

I can only speak from my experience in my country (uk) but it's not just a case of deciding you're not the right sex and want to change on a whim. It requires years of diagnosis and psychological testing and doctors recommendation before this is even an option. I presume the standards in the US are similar, especially with your hc system.

Again I'm not expert but you guys just seem like you haven't even thought about it.

So the fact the modern health care professionals across the world suggest and perform this as a remedy to what appears to be a legitimate psychological issue doesn't matter to you, you've just figured it as wrong? I thought gender change surgery is generally considered a relatively uncontroversial treatment for those who clearly need it - which it seems to be lots of cases. Why should this be restricted if it's conducive to living a better life and endorsed by medical professionals?

I can only speak from my experience in my country (uk) but it's not just a case of deciding you're not the right sex and want to change on a whim. It requires years of diagnosis and psychological testing and doctors recommendation before this is even an option. I presume the standards in the US are similar, especially with your hc system.

Again I'm not expert but you guys just seem like you haven't even thought about it.

The whole idea of being able to change your sex is laughable, its impossible, all it does is alter the subject to make them feel better about themselves.. and in the process scares small children wherever it goes... (wont someone think about the kids?) im from the UK too, and the last time I checked, we are not a nation that cares about people feelings too much

The whole idea of being able to change your sex is laughable, its impossible, all it does is alter the subject to make them feel better about themselves..

You've already admitted you're ignorant so how can you make claims like this?

and in the process scares small children wherever it goes... (wont someone think about the kids?)

Silly argument. Surgery to remove parts of peoples faces for cancer, for example would be considered unnessecary by this measure.

im from the UK too, and the last time I checked, we are not a nation that cares about people feelings too much

Why would you not want for people to get the medical attention they need?

Thankfully people like you don't get to make decisions that affect people, because you're proud of your ignorance :)

don't you have to be 65 to be covered by medicare?
Yeah, and people on particular types of disability. According to my back of the napkin estimate when my wife and I were talking about this last night this will affect around a dozen people :icon_chee. (obviously I don't know how many but the number is certainly small)

Good for them I say. I'm fine with my medicare contributions (or whatever) going to this, certainly more fine than I am to have to pay for treatment of cirrhosis or lung cancer.

You've already admitted you're ignorant so how can you make claims like this?

Silly argument. Surgery to remove parts of peoples faces for cancer, for example would be considered unnessecary by this measure.

Why would you not want for people to get the medical attention they need?

Thankfully people like you don't get to make decisions that affect people, because you're proud of your ignorance :)

OK, so let me get this right, I am ignorant because i happen to know for a FACT that you cant change somebodies sex?. don't do that..thats really "liberal" and dumb, im all for giving people the "medical attention" that they need, but I am not up for paying for someone's boob job, or genital mutilation..thats fucking stupid

OK, so let me get this right, I am ignorant because i happen to know for a FACT that you cant change somebodies sex?. don't do that..thats really "liberal" and dumb, im all for giving people the "medical attention" that they need, but I am not up for paying for someone's boob job, or genital mutilation..thats fucking stupid

Again - you have no relevant experience or knowledge of this area. I'll leave this up to medical professionals who know what they are talking about.

Again - you have no relevant experience or knowledge of this area. I'll leave this up to medical professionals who know what they are talking about.

Dodge noted..also, what about the cat man?, should we pay for people who feel like they were born a particular animal?, its pretty much the same thing...if we shouldnt, why not? :icon_neut

You know what...why don't you explain to me how we should pay for surgeries like this man had?, go on..im all ears... this should expose you nicely

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking_Cat

We shouldn't. Remember, not all cosmetic surgeries are equal in terms of medical necessity, and nobody thinks they should be. Sex changes are deemed medically beneficial by people who study them.

We shouldn't. Remember, not all cosmetic surgeries are equal in terms of medical necessity, and nobody thinks they should be. Sex changes are deemed medically beneficial by people who study them.

Do you have such strong opinions about everything you know nothing about, or do you just think of trannie a lot?

Oh so you are bigoted against cat people ...that's not very inclusive of you son. I have a lot of strong opinions. I just don't suffer bullshit very well...never have been able to

Do you have such strong opinions about everything you know nothing about, or do you just think of trannie a lot?

I must say this is a pretty weak troll attempt.

4/10.

What was your previous account name?

Last edited:
Back