Mcgregor - Eddie Alvarez, a 'begging bum' with 'novice' striking

I have no idea why people talk like Alvarez has a suspect chin. That is far from the truth. He's been TKOed once in 32 fights and that was 9 years ago.

Alvarez will take Conor down at will and pound him out.

We working class call that hammer & nailz...

Conor: I'll Insult all the wrestlers' striking so that they become frustrated enough to try to prove me wrong and thus strike with me. Yessss, this way I won't get tapped out yet again. I'm genius, right coach?

Kavanagh: Genius Conor, I believe that you're the ideal Mixed martial artist right now.

Stomped RDA...LEL

It was a rock'em sock'em coin flip. Both were swinging for the fences and both took turns in rocking the other.

Conor is 100% correct. Alvarez is a wild man that wings in overhands. Conor is a counter striker that would pick him apart. I like Alvarez but Conor beats him
You do realize it's mma right? Alvarez wrestle fucked Pettis. Conors TDD is highly questionable, but his ability to keep the fight off the cage is "notoriously" bad.

Say's the guy who walks in chin up, winging uppercuts , never using a jab, useless spinning kicks and gets rocked and quits when Nate hits him with a 1-2.

I won't be mad if Conor beats Eddie to be honest

"technical, diverse and accurate" aren't exactly the way i'd describe mcgregor. Diversity is bollocks off top, he has a left straight and a bunch of spinning kicks. That's not diversity, that's filler.
Technical, fine, i'll give you that. Accurate is debatable. He throws a bunch, he lands a bunch, but he's not landing at any special clip. 43% against Diaz, 53% against Siver, 31% against Poirier, 36% against Brandao. These are fine numbers, but let's not pretend a guy with a career average of 44% landed is walking around MOBBING on Eddie Alvarez at 43%.

Someone doesn't know what he is watching. Conor throw lot of kicks and other shit to set up his left. Most of his shots is not with the intention to land, but to keep the distance. When Conor wants to hit you, he will hit you. But before that he does a bunch of other things just to make his shots even better.

Numbers are not everything. It looks like most don't know that in this place. They think that someone is good at wrestling because he has great offensive and defensive numbers at it, but in reality, he did only attempt a few TDs and that's why his numbers are good.

Conor average of shots he throw per fight is bigger than Nate, and Nate is considered the fighter with punch volume.

That's the class for today. I hope you all learned something.

Connie targeting future match ups.
i would love if they gave him to RDA as a tune up before Alvarez.
Sadly is not gonna happen.
well let Nate do his job first then come asking for that freebie.

It's funny because Conor

Used to be on welfare.
Begged for the Nate rematch.
Has a novice grappling game.

He sure is a terrible champ. Dude got wrecked by Cerrone, the fighter who can't win big fights.

Also barely beat Melendez who is now a not even the fighter he once was, but many thought he lost. The same thing goes with the Pettis fight.

His last fight is the only good thing that he has done so far.

Conor would beat him in the first.

Yeah those fights he had with Michael Chandler sure were awful.

lmfao so what does that make Connor? He got wobbled and was forced to take down Nate after eating some punches.

He's a joke

Someone doesn't know what he is watching. Conor throw lot of kicks and other shit to set up his left. Most of his shots is not with the intention to land, but to keep the distance. When Conor wants to hit you, he will hit you. But before that he does a bunch of other things just to make his shots even better.

Numbers are not everything. It looks like most don't know that in this place. They think that someone is good at wrestling because he has great offensive and defensive numbers at it, but in reality, he did only attempt a few TDs and that's why his numbers are good.

Conor average of shots he throw per fight is bigger than Nate, and Nate is considered the fighter with punch volume.

You're one of the worst Conor fans, just by the sheer ignorance you spew

It's funny because Conor

Used to be on welfare.
Begged for the Nate rematch.
Has a novice grappling game.

Yeah those fights he had with Michael Chandler sure were awful.

I don't care about what he did in Bellator. Not even sure if you can or not juice there.

Eddie has solid as fuck boxing and underrated wrestling. I'd favor him over McGregor, who I'm afraid is gunna fall too in love with his brick of a left hand

he throws a bunch of kicks, sure, maybe some of them are to set up a left hand, most aren't, but that isn't a diverse striker. McGregor has a left straight, you can say "that's his main weapon", that's pretty much his only weapon. He's one of the most one dimensional fighters to have success currently, and that is an accomplishment in itself, you don't need to pretend that McGregor is this genius, constantly setting shit up. He's human, he throws a bunch, he lands a bunch but he also misses a bunch. That's just the nature of volume fighters.

Numbers aren't everything, but if you want to talk about accuracy, they're kind of important to give context. you can look great, land the great shot to finish someone early, but if you threw 20 strikes and landed 3, that's an effective performance, not an accurate one. Again, you don't need to explain away his flaws, they make him interesting. He isn't the accuracy powerhouse like Anderson Silva or Joanna, but he is effective with the shots he does lands.

Don't condescend to me, it won't dissuade me from making my argument and it doesn't make my argument weaker.

Bro he got the shit beat out of him by Donald. You're the one that needs to rewatch. He had one moment in the first round where he rocked him but after he got creamed. Also, lol at acting like cerrone would beat conor. Cerrone crumbles in big fights, & conor would be the biggest fight of his career by far. He would get stopped in the first. Also lol at nate dominated conor everywhere. You need to take a day to just sit down, get on fightpass, & rewatch a lot of events.

I remember Cerrone almost finishing him with leg kicks, but Cerrone somehow did went to the ground with him for no reason. Then Cerrone said that he was gassed and some other thing.

Cerrone sure beat the shit out of him, and if he fights him in a fight that ins't for the title, he will beat him every time they fight.

Last edited:
I like eddie, but he would not stand and trade with mcgregor... he would pull a pettis fight and it would be so anti-climatic... gay fight no thanks... Gsp is coming back anyway and we can watch him lay on people instead

Sure but Eddie would take him down at will wont gas and Conor won't get up. His twice the wrestler Mendes is and much bigger.

Anyway irrelevant. Eddie is fight Nate next after Nate beats the brakes off COnor again. Eddie should win that one too in boring fashion.

So far Eddie has had problems taking anyone down in the UFC. He struggled with Pettis, who has always shown a weakness to wrestling and is a small lightweight.

He may be bigger than Mendes, but his wrestling isn't nearly as good. Maybe he could take Conor down, but it certainly wouldn't be "at will."

Back