Mcgregor - Eddie Alvarez, a 'begging bum' with 'novice' striking

Although Eddie did win the fight he looked like Helen Keller in there swinging wildly against RDA. Conor would smoke him on the feet.

Holy shit... Do you remember the things that you watch? Lol

Keeeeep talking Superstar, everybody already calling your ass out looking for their red panty party. You talking yourself into some pretty tight corners you can't get out...

Conor McGregor doesn't seem to know what he wants. He wants people to talk about him, but clearly gets annoyed when people call him out. Do you want to be notable or do you want people to keep your name out of their mouths?

If the plan was to fight for the 155 belt before Nate derailed it, I think it's getting pretty obvious what will happen if Conor wins. At least half of Sherdog already believed he would never return to 145.

Conor's mind games on RDA definitely played a role in Eddie winning. RDA was way too wreckless. Eddie is a very good fighter but not top 5 imo.

He's good at wailing punches don't get me wrong. But Conor is a much more technical, diverse, accurate striker.

"technical, diverse and accurate" aren't exactly the way i'd describe mcgregor. Diversity is bollocks off top, he has a left straight and a bunch of spinning kicks. That's not diversity, that's filler.
Technical, fine, i'll give you that. Accurate is debatable. He throws a bunch, he lands a bunch, but he's not landing at any special clip. 43% against Diaz, 53% against Siver, 31% against Poirier, 36% against Brandao. These are fine numbers, but let's not pretend a guy with a career average of 44% landed is walking around MOBBING on Eddie Alvarez at 43%.

"technical, diverse and accurate" aren't exactly the way i'd describe mcgregor. Diversity is bollocks off top, he has a left straight and a bunch of spinning kicks. That's not diversity, that's filler.
Technical, fine, i'll give you that. Accurate is debatable. He throws a bunch, he lands a bunch, but he's not landing at any special clip. 43% against Diaz, 53% against Siver, 31% against Poirier, 36% against Brandao. These are fine numbers, but let's not pretend a guy with a career average of 44% landed is walking around MOBBING on Eddie Alvarez at 43%.

you're totally killing that guys argument with facts and stats bud. That's clearly not how we do things at sherdog. ;)

I have no idea why people talk like Alvarez has a suspect chin. That is far from the truth. He's been TKOed once in 32 fights and that was 9 years ago.

Alvarez will take Conor down at will and pound him out.

I didn't say it's a landslide Eddie makes up for a lot of technique with power from being jacked as fuck.

Conor's mind games on RDA definitely played a role in Eddie winning. RDA was way too wreckless. Eddie is a very good fighter but not top 5 imo.

This is some of the worst nuthugging I've ever read. Are you seriously giving Conor credit for someone else's win??

Attachments

• tumblr_m69bbtbBRA1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    tumblr_m69bbtbBRA1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
    499.8 KB · Views: 2
Pure poetry in motion. Crisp, precise shots!

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

conor.gif

I have no idea why people talk like Alvarez has a suspect chin. That is far from the truth. He's been TKOed once in 32 fights and that was 9 years ago.

Alvarez will take Conor down at will and pound him out.

Alvarez is known for getting knocked down then coming back and winning. People saying his chin is suspect isn't founded on nothing.

I was just out of Highschool living at home still and would watch HD Net on sat, it had inside mma and free fights with Dream & Sengoku. Eddie was one of the top fighters in Dream which isn't saying much really. Then he went to bellator but i was always kinda meh aboit that, then bellator hung him out to dry for a while. Seeing him rise to be the #1 LW is so cool for me, I love how I've been able to watch his journey over the last 7ish years.

Eddie is a vet and deserves to get paid, but I don't want Aldo getting fucked over.

Saying Eddie has bum anything is dumb. Idk who I'd favor but it's not an easy fight for Conor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back