McDonald and BK Going on Strike Today

Do they really expect anything to change other then their employment status? "Oh you guys want to strike? Well yeah go ahead and while you're at it you're all fired."

It may be different since this is a non-union strike, but I seem to recall that employees can't be fired for striking as part of US Labor Law. *shrug*

judging by this thread yall muricans really hate your burgerflippers (and dont seem to know how collective bargaining works).

Anything over $10 an hour for unskilled labor is pushing it for me.

judging by this thread yall muricans really hate your burgerflippers (and dont seem to know how collective bargaining works).

We love our burger flippers, they just need to stfu and flip burgers and get paid what they deserve. If they are unhappy, they should look to make themselves more marketable or find work somewhere else.

OK, let's play boss!

Step 1:
Cut amount of employees in half
Step 2:
Work your crew half to death, while machines are designed/implemented to lighten their load.
Step 3:
Keep the dollar menu, so the people you laid off can afford to eat. Accept their applications to keep current employees motivated.

Fuxk I make 17.80/hr and all I do is stand in the street telling fucks to stay on the sidewalk or hive them directions to the 9/11 memorial

Anything over $10 an hour for unskilled labor is pushing it for me.

Agreed. $15/hr is a lot for minimum wage. If they do start making 15/hr though, I expect some better customer service! :icon_surp

McD's Kiosk's > McD's cashiers

Sorry, people suck.

Not my fault yo job sucks.

If they want 15$ an hour they can get a construction job. Its hard work n they are always hiring. If I see any on strike, I will offer them a 15/hr job. How many do u think will accept it?

Agreed. $15/hr is a lot for minimum wage. If they do start making 15/hr though, I expect some better customer service! :icon_surp

And you'll get it, but it won't be from the same people striking, they'll get replaced with higher quality workers who are worth the $15/hr

You could expect inflation to increase as well

This. If implemented it'll cause a ripple effect across the entire economy because of the need to increase cost of food and services, so we'll just end up back where we are now except everything costs more.

Good for them. Minimum wage is supposed to be a livable wage and there is no way in hell you can live off that in the bay area.

Most fast food employees around here are in their 30's.
What are you basing "minimum wage is supposed to be a livable wage" on?
And just how is that livable wage calculated?

Your area doesn't match the rest of the country.
Minimum wage earners make up only 4.3% of the workforce. In 1979 they made up 13.4% of the workforce.
56% of minimum wage earners are aged 16-24.
72% are aged 16-34.
9.4% are aged 35-44.
8.8% are aged 45-54.
5.8% are aged 55-64.
3.9% are over 65.
35% of minimum wage earners don't have a high school diploma.
31% have a HS diploma, no college or trade school
Data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics

$15/hr minimum wage is absurd. I doubt most of them realize the effect such an increase would have on jobs beyond their own. Of course their organizers realize it.

Back