McDonald and BK Going on Strike Today

These jobs aren't meant to be careers unless you plan to move up in the company. Fuck 'em, I'll go to Wendy's today.

Aren't minimum wages set by age? Over here the minimum wage for a HS kid is much lower than for a 30 year old.

I worked at McDonalds as a teen one summer, I went from brand new to being capable of running the joint in about a month. After that month I quit and got a better job. As long as this can happen, you'll never get paid well for it.

McDonalds-worker-replacement.jpg

There one of those thing at Jack in Box out here and no one else but me uses it. Everytime i have gone in, there are people in line and i walk right up to the machine and use it, just like the ticket machine at the movies. Line is always longer at the ticket counter than the machine.

that looks even easier than what I had to deal with. we had this really fucked up DOS system about 15 years ago. Once you pressed a button, you were committed and had to cancel an entire order if the customer wanted to change something.

Thats ridiculous, there are staff accountants that make less than that. And yes honestly I am upset that a low skill job would get that much.

Where do you live? I live in the bay area and $15 an hour really aint shit here.

McD's and BK aren't really great career choices. You want to get paid more? Move into fat food management or seek more education to get an actual job in which you'll get paid more.

$15 bucks an hour for someone that stands behind a counter and takes orders is nonsense.

Get some fucking ambition, fry guy.

that looks even easier than what I had to deal with. we had this really fucked up DOS system about 15 years ago. Once you pressed a button, you were committed and had to cancel an entire order if the customer wanted to change something.

Scary thought: a ton of low end businesses still use DOS systems for point of sale

Good for them. Minimum wage is supposed to be a livable wage and there is no way in hell you can live off that in the bay area.

That is an absurd statement. Minimum wage is in no way meant to be a living wage. It is an entry level wage for low skill jobs mainly paid to people who are just entering the work force such as teenagers working a part time job. If these folks are trying to raise kids and provide for a family off of a minimum wage paycheck, they probably need to rethink what they do for a living and learn something that pays better.

That is an absurd statement. Minimum wage is in no way meant to be a living wage.
FDR disagrees.

http://eurekafairwageact.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/fdr-quotes-on-minimum-wage/

FDR Quotes on Minimum Wage
November 29, 2012 by eurekaworker in Minimum Wage Quotations, Uncategorized and tagged FDR, FDR quotes
“No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country”

Last edited:
That is an absurd statement. Minimum wage is in no way meant to be a living wage. It is an entry level wage for low skill jobs mainly paid to people who are just entering the work force such as teenagers working a part time job. If these folks are trying to raise kids and provide for a family off of a minimum wage paycheck, they probably need to rethink what they do for a living and learn something that pays better.

TIL

While the laws governing wages initially set a ceiling on compensation, they were eventually used to set a living wage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage

workers should kidnap and torture that clown half to death

fuck em. self entitled trash. I hope McD and BK fires all those who go on strike. I am sure they will get replacements very quick.

Do they really expect anything to change other then their employment status? "Oh you guys want to strike? Well yeah go ahead and while you're at it you're all fired."

Back