McDonald and BK Going on Strike Today

$15, $16, $17 minimum wage makes no difference unless consumption is maintained at a reasonable level. I'd like to see an analysis of these striking workers monthly consumption on non essential expenses. I'm not saying all of them may have non essential expenses, but i'm willing to bet a significant portion have cable & high speed internet, current gen gaming consoles, whether for themselves or their kids, plus online gaming memberships in addition to the games, and other vices, perks, and luxuries that are usually enjoyed by higher income earning people. The more you give them, the more their expenses will be adjusted to scale and nothing will change their financial situation. Budgeting, smarter money management, putting priorities first and living within your means goes along way.

i see mostly old mexican women working fastfood, they usually work 6 to 2 & then the younger workers take over.

i like the idea of basing it on your age like the dude from netherlands said

They arent protesting minimum wage guys. They are protesting making minimum wage/near minimum wage.

Good point. That 4% of the work force is probably skewing the stats.

Is that accurate? I would have guessed at least 10% in some sort of supervisory role, especially given multiple levels of management. I would think a few 40-50 year olds in those positions could skew things a decent amount

Good for them. Minimum wage is supposed to be a livable wage and there is no way in hell you can live off that in the bay area.

yeah, that's true. even a hole in the wall place in the east bay isn't cheap.

Dudes proud of the $15 they currently make doing what they thought was skilled labor getting BTFO

Is that accurate? I would have guessed at least 10% in some sort of supervisory role, especially given multiple levels of management. I would think a few 40-50 year olds in those positions could skew things a decent amount
IIRC "supervisors" at mcdonalds make like $1 more so its kind of moot any way. Theres an assistant and a manager. No clue how much they make but i doubt its over $20.

fuck that they want a better wage, get a better job. it took me years to get my salary up as high as it is, they need to earn it.

Happy to report both are open like clockwork in Montgomery, Alabama. That being said, I'm about to grab some Krystal. Nothing like a few gut grenades to get you through the day.

IIRC "supervisors" at mcdonalds make like $1 more so its kind of moot any way. Theres an assistant and a manager. No clue how much they make but i doubt its over $20.

I'm not disputing wage rate so much as that those in supervisory position are likely to be old enough to skew an average age (assuming they are in fact included in the first place)

Happy to report both are open like clockwork in Montgomery, Alabama. That being said, I'm about to grab some Krystal. Nothing like a few gut grenades to get you through the day.

One time we waited in the drive-thru line at Krystals in the 'hood for no less than 45 minutes (we had things to occupy our time in the car, so we didn't care). When we finally get up to the window, my buddy in the passenger seat pushes the driver's head out the window and yells, "Workin hard?". We were roaring with obnoxious laughter

The behemoth woman working the window leaned out real slow and said, "Honey, I wouldn't work hard for the President."

She definitely didn't deserve $15/hour, but them b.o. burgers were delicious.

Back