McConnell Promises To Protect Kentucky Healthcare "Obamacare" While Repealing It?

If they had called the ACA the PHP - Patriot Health Plan - redneck republicans would have been some of the first in line.

Anyone who would vote for him isn't really informed enough to know that he's lying. That's the benefit of being in the Republican party right now, the only thing that matters is do you hate the President enough.

Not entirely true.

I'm in Kentucky, voted against Mitch in the primary.

But, at the end of the day, having someone who is high up in Washington in such an important role is never bad for your state.

Say what you want about Mitch, he brings home the bacon to Kentucky.

It baffles me how conservative talking heads like Hannity pretend they have it all figured out for how the GOP could win their elections yet when it comes to specifics, they hardly have shit as to how to fix the healthcare system. The most I've heard out of him is to buy insurance only for catastrophic events and to pay the rest (doctor, dental, vision, prescription) out of your pocket. The idea is laughable.

Actually that's why there is insurance. Notice, you don't make a claim to geico when your car needs an oil change. Insurance is for the lower probability events. Not the events everyone has.

I can't complain.

The people paying for my health insurance probably can though.

Let's see, I pay federal taxes every year so I would be one paying for your health insurance.

I can't complain because you having insurance will help keep health care cost down and save me money overall.

Actually that's why there is insurance. Notice, you don't make a claim to geico when your car needs an oil change. Insurance is for the lower probability events. Not the events everyone has.

Thing is health insuance and car insurance are very different things. Health insurance is very much about daily health care needs at this point and has been so for a long time.

Thing is health insuance and car insurance are very different things. Health insurance is very much about daily health care needs at this point and has been so for a long time.

That's bs. Regular, predictable, and common events are not the purpose of any insurance.

If a doctor's appointment, the recommended labs and the prescription cost me what I pay for an oil change this would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, OG, your beloved market has made other determinations about the value of these extremely routine medical activities.

You forgot to mention the half a billion dollar website that didnt work, not to mention the state websites around the country that didnt work either.

1st administration ever where "we are incompetant" is an ACCEPTABLE excuse.

Where I live the state web site worked great. I think most state web sites worked great. The national one had it's problems but it works now so I don't see what the big deal is. These types of problems are common with web sites this size. Really they should have put it out in phases, that would be the best way to go.

Where I live the state web site worked great. I think most state web sites worked great. The national one had it's problems but it works now so I don't see what the big deal is. These types of problems are common with web sites this size. Really they should have put it out in phases, that would be the best way to go.
Pretty much. The national site was a big screw up but ultimately it's just a pr problem.

Back