McConnell Promises To Protect Kentucky Healthcare "Obamacare" While Repealing It?

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Senator Mitch McConell trying to figure out how to tell nearly 500,000 Kentucky residence that he is not going to take their healthcare away. Again Mitch is facing this problem while stumbling on his words, told a reporter who questioned him about Kentucky healthcare that Kynect is unconnected to Obamacare OK Mitch? Apparently Kynect is so popular that Mitch has a huge problem a really huge problem. He told residence that they can keep Kynect while repealing Obamacare "How do they pay for it?".

He is now facing around the clock attacks from the left because they are hammering him over his comments. The Governor of Kentucky who is a democrat is popular with Kentucky residences who have been insured by Kynect "yet Obamacare" is unpopular with them. Right now Democrats in Kentucky are doing as much as they can to remind these people that Kynect is the "Obamacare/ACA". Mitch has a problem on his hands that one of the best things at least to many Kentuckians out of Kentucky for sometimes their Senator wants to stop it.

Watching Mitch is like watching deer with the headlights standing next to Rand Paul and getting hit by the Kynect question.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/28/mitch-mcconnell-s-big-obamacare-kynect-lie.html

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/mitch-mcconnell-kentucky-aca-052814

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/23/mcconnell-lies-kentucky-healthcare.html

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/...pin-exploits-kentuckian-confusion-over-kynect

Many at first where confused by the ACA/Kynect now are finding out that it works pretty well even for people who make over 100,000 dollars. At first many did not understand how it helps lower the cost even for people who do not get subsidized. As people customize their healthcare they find the end result leads to lower healthcare costs. They did not understand that the pool would allow them to get lower cost healthcare now they are getting it. Many are taking advantage of the expanded healthcare options while seeing an increase in costs but gaining access to a great deal more choices some even adding dental care now.

Last edited:
So dishonest, trying to make people think Kynect isn't the ACA.

But then, his opponent (Alison Lundergan Grimes) is also trying to distance herself from the ACA despite being a Democrat. It's funny, it's popular enough among many Kentuckians that Mitch can't outright be against Kynect, yet so unpopular among many other Kentuckians that Grimes can't outright be for it.

Just fucking say what you believe in. I can't stand politicians.

So dishonest, trying to make people think Kynect isn't the ACA.

But then, his opponent (Alison Lundergan Grimes) is also trying to distance herself from the ACA despite being a Democrat. It's funny, it's popular enough among many Kentuckians that Mitch can't outright be against Kynect, yet so unpopular among many other Kentuckians that Grimes can't outright be for it.

Just fucking say what you believe in. I can't stand politicians.

Yea I posted about the fact that the "ACA/Obamacare" is still unpopular yet Kynect is popular with many Kentuckians. Grimes may be forced into talking more about the successes of Kynect yet still trying to talk about working on improving it. This may open the door for Grimes to feel like the ACA "Not Obamacare bad name" is working for many Kentuckians the Governor has been going around the state telling people that it is national healthcare. The Governor is more then happy with it as well as a Kentucky congressman John Yarmuth who is very unapologetic about his support.

Seems like that early republican effort to brand the ACA "Obamacare" was well spent. Good on them, they can run on something that requires complete inaction in some states, brilliant but of politics.

Seems like that early republican effort to brand the ACA "Obamacare" was well spent. Good on them, they can run on something that requires complete inaction in some states, brilliant but of politics.

koch-brothers-octopus.jpg

These guys did not get through MIT waiting around. They launched a full frontal attack with buses and employees hitting town halls all over the Country. They did not stop for a breather unlike Obama. It was like OK I signed it into law nothing else I need to do. President Obama let the message about the ACA get clouded by a massive national campaign that cost Koch connected and backed super pacs 200 million dollars.

But it worked to scare people into thinking that Obamacare was going to hurt medicare and make getting healthcare a lot harder. There was of course President Obama promising that you could keep your plan. This allowed for a constant rounds of attacks on the healthcare law as well as working to connect Democrats with Obama's statements. Hurting Democrats trying to work around getting connected to Obamacare.

DNC phantom boogy men.

Do Democrats wake up in colds sweats at night thinking about this?

Seems like that early republican effort to brand the ACA "Obamacare" was well spent.

I doubt those lazy motherfuckers put much effort into it.

The Democrats were marching the praises of "OBAMACARE" until they realized it was becoming a hemorrhoid, then it was suddenly the ACA, that's when the Dipshits at the RNC decided maybe it was something to run with for a while.

I signed up.

I didn't buy any health insurance, I just got medicaid.

DNC phantom boogy men.

Do Democrats wake up in colds sweats at night thinking about this?

I doubt those lazy motherfuckers put much effort into it.

The Democrats were marching the praises of "OBAMACARE" until they realized it was becoming a hemorrhoid, then it was suddenly the ACA, that's when the Dipshits at the RNC decided maybe it was something to run with for a while.

People on the right say they are the boogie men but there is some truth to it much like in 2004 Republicans boogie man was Soros now Tom Steyer. Everyone needs a target to point at to get people to vote. Mid term elections while Obama has been President have been massacres for democrats. Senator Reid and now Congresswoman Pelosi are going full attack mode on Koch brothers. They need to point this out not without some truth to it.

Charles more so then David has been leading the charge. Charles is unapologetic with his support of libertarians he has been very vocal about the libertarian ideals. David is also a libertarian but he seems more politically savvy then his brother networking with Republicans and some southern democrats. David is the wealthiest man in New York surpassing Bloomberg last year and even adding 8 billion to wealth in one year.

Charlies and David both have advance degrees from MIT where their father graduated from and invented a process to extract oil. Koch Industries is the second largest private company in the US Cargill is the only one larger then Koch Industries.

It baffles me how conservative talking heads like Hannity pretend they have it all figured out for how the GOP could win their elections yet when it comes to specifics, they hardly have shit as to how to fix the healthcare system. The most I've heard out of him is to buy insurance only for catastrophic events and to pay the rest (doctor, dental, vision, prescription) out of your pocket. The idea is laughable.

koch-brothers-octopus.jpg

But it worked to scare people into thinking that Obamacare was going to hurt medicare and make getting healthcare a lot harder. There was of course President Obama promising that you could keep your plan. This allowed for a constant rounds of attacks on the healthcare law as well as working to connect Democrats with Obama's statements. Hurting Democrats trying to work around getting connected to Obamacare.

You forgot to mention the half a billion dollar website that didnt work, not to mention the state websites around the country that didnt work either.

1st administration ever where "we are incompetant" is an ACCEPTABLE excuse.

It baffles me how conservative talking heads like Hannity pretend they have it all figured out for how the GOP could win their elections yet when it comes to specifics, they hardly have shit as to how to fix the healthcare system. The most I've heard out of him is to buy insurance only for catastrophic events and to pay the rest (doctor, dental, vision, prescription) out of your pocket. The idea is laughable.

Paul Ryan and Tom Cole have both talked about ways to change the healthcare law but where quickly shot down. The message is to repeal the law not change it. This is kinda the issue that Republicans are facing. People have proposed ideas such as creating a national pool to purchase healthcare, Allowing out of state buying of lower cost insurance, Paul Ryan of all people talked about federal government providing subsidies to buying healthcare.

None of these plans will go anywhere because its still a problem getting people on board. Republicans want to kill the law they don't want any remnants of the law around after Obama leaves office. Paul Ryan and Tom Cole both understand that States like Kentucky is where Republicans face the greatest problem. People like Ohio's Governor John Kasich and Arizona, Governor Jan Brewer wisely decided not to fight it.

Both where likely advised that fighting it is a bad idea unlike Florida's Governor Rick Scott who is now facing real challenges. In the case of Kasich he has poll numbers above 50 percent and in this day and age no small feat. The reverse happened for Rick Scott who is now facing a huge uphill battle to get his job back his poll numbers are 42 to 40 in favor of Scott but that was after 2 months of spending 10 million dollars. Rick Scott is going to have reach out the the Koch brothers and others to keep pumping millions and millions could be record to retain his job.

You forgot to mention the half a billion dollar website that didnt work, not to mention the state websites around the country that didnt work either.

1st administration ever where "we are incompetant" is an ACCEPTABLE excuse.

Half a billion is down right cheap you cannot buy 3 F-22 fighter for 1/2 billion. :) Just for information the air force has 60 on order and the total operation cost for each is 638 million. :0

Half a billion is down right cheap you cannot buy 3 F-22 fighter for 1/2 billion. :) Just for information the air force has 60 on order and the total operation cost for each is 638 million. :0

Does GoDaddy sell those for 11 dollars?

What exactly was your point there? That Supersonic Stealth Aircraft cost less than a website that sells insurance?

EDIT: You seem to making my point that incompetance is now an acceptable excuse.

Does GoDaddy sell those for 11 dollars?

What exactly was your point there? That Supersonic Stealth Aircraft cost less than a website that sells insurance?

EDIT: You seem to making my point that incompetance is now an acceptable excuse.

My point is that your talking about a 1/2 billion dollars like its a ton of money. A facebook friend of mine just sold his company for 2 billion dollars. My nephew is working for a company who is spending over a billion dollars to upgrade their commercial leading tool. In this day and age where billions are spent literally everyday on technology 1/2 billion sounds like they are getting off easy. The company I used to work for converted from AIX to Solaris migrated their database software the migration ended up costs 362 million dollars.

EDIT: I wanted to add that there is 12 concurrent systems involved with the healthcare website and dozens of insurance companies "I would image?" who need access to the data. People seem to think that they just need a to hire someone for 20 bucks an hour to design this website? There is likely 100 hundreds of millions of lines of code as well as tons of servers all supporting this project.

Last edited:
These guys did not get through MIT waiting around. They launched a full frontal attack with buses and employees hitting town halls all over the Country. They did not stop for a breather unlike Obama. It was like OK I signed it into law nothing else I need to do. President Obama let the message about the ACA get clouded by a massive national campaign that cost Koch connected and backed super pacs 200 million dollars.

Quite on point. From the start people have been very supportive of almost all the provisions of Obamacare. Simultaneously they've massively opposed Obamacare. It's quite amazing that people overwhelmingly support what's in Obamacare while opposing it. Very impressive by the GOP and their supporters, although as mentioned also compounded by dem. incompetence.

The state issue is interesting too and is exactly why the GOP pushed so hard for repeal. Once people actually start benefiting widely, the GOP has a hard time winning on that message. Certainly Obamacare has problems and there are losers under it. The question is whether it is better for more people than the status quo had been. The answer to that seems to be yes.

Quite on point. From the start people have been very supportive of almost all the provisions of Obamacare. Simultaneously they've massively opposed Obamacare. It's quite amazing that people overwhelmingly support what's in Obamacare while opposing it. Very impressive by the GOP and their supporters, although as mentioned also compounded by dem. incompetence.

The state issue is interesting too and is exactly why the GOP pushed so hard for repeal. Once people actually start benefiting widely, the GOP has a hard time winning on that message. Certainly Obamacare has problems and there are losers under it. The question is whether it is better for more people than the status quo had been. The answer to that seems to be yes.

Ted Cruz said that they wanted to stop the healthcare law before to many people sign up on Rush Limbaugh. It was really funny because Rush got a little confused by the comment. Ted Cruz stated that people will like the law and it will be harder to repeal.

EDIT:Not Priebus it was Ted Cruz on Limbaugh more about Ted's issues.

http://americablog.com/2013/09/ted-cruz-afraid-americans-will-like-obamacare.html

Last edited:
Ted Cruz said that they wanted to stop the healthcare law before to many people sign up on Rush Limbaugh. It was really funny because Rush got a little confused by the comment. Ted Cruz stated that people will like the law and it will be harder to repeal.

EDIT:Not Priebus it was Ted Cruz on Limbaugh more about Ted's issues.

http://americablog.com/2013/09/ted-cruz-afraid-americans-will-like-obamacare.html

Of course the people getting it FREE are going to like it quite a bit.

Senator Mitch McConell trying to figure out how to tell nearly 500,000 Kentucky residence that he is not going to take their healthcare away. Again Mitch is facing this problem while stumbling on his words, told a reporter who questioned him about Kentucky healthcare that Kynect is unconnected to Obamacare OK Mitch? Apparently Kynect is so popular that Mitch has a huge problem a really huge problem. He told residence that they can keep Kynect while repealing Obamacare "How do they pay for it?".

He is now facing around the clock attacks from the left because they are hammering him over his comments. The Governor of Kentucky who is a democrat is popular with Kentucky residences who have been insured by Kynect "yet Obamacare" is unpopular with them. Right now Democrats in Kentucky are doing as much as they can to remind these people that Kynect is the "Obamacare/ACA". Mitch has a problem on his hands that one of the best things at least to many Kentuckians out of Kentucky for sometimes their Senator wants to stop it.

Watching Mitch is like watching deer with the headlights standing next to Rand Paul and getting hit by the Kynect question.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/28/mitch-mcconnell-s-big-obamacare-kynect-lie.html

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/mitch-mcconnell-kentucky-aca-052814

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/23/mcconnell-lies-kentucky-healthcare.html

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/...pin-exploits-kentuckian-confusion-over-kynect

Many at first where confused by the ACA/Kynect now are finding out that it works pretty well even for people who make over 100,000 dollars. At first many did not understand how it helps lower the cost even for people who do not get subsidized. As people customize their healthcare they find the end result leads to lower healthcare costs. They did not understand that the pool would allow them to get lower cost healthcare now they are getting it. Many are taking advantage of the expanded healthcare options while seeing an increase in costs but gaining access to a great deal more choices some even adding dental care now.

Anyone who would vote for him isn't really informed enough to know that he's lying. That's the benefit of being in the Republican party right now, the only thing that matters is do you hate the President enough.

Of course the people getting it FREE are going to like it quite a bit.

And all the people getting much better coverage for their money. And all the people getting the same coverage for less money. And all the people who couldn't get coverage at all before due to insurance companies wanting to avoid actually paying out who now have reasonably priced coverage.

A lot of people are benefitting.

Not as good as single payer but I'll take it.

And all the people getting much better coverage for their money. And all the people getting the same coverage for less money. And all the people who couldn't get coverage at all before due to insurance companies wanting to avoid actually paying out who now have reasonably priced coverage.

A lot of people are benefitting.

Not as good as single payer but I'll take it.

A lot of people are benefitting at the expense of others you mean. Lots of the "others" work hard for their money and have had many choices taken away from them with increased costs.

Being able to buy insurance specific to their needs, i.e. without all the fancy spiffs mandated like free zero copay contraceptives, pediatric orthapedics they dont need, maternity care they dont need.

Lots of the people benefitting are of course the insurance companies who now have a totally captive customer base mandated to buy their product AT ANY COST and built in taxpayer relief to guarantee they make a profit (I thought they were the bad guys in this?). Almost nobody who works for a living is coming out ahead in this deal, although this isnt apparent to everybody because all the juicy mandates have been pushed back until after the election by executive decree.

Yes, there are popular parts of obamacare, it shouldnt be hard to find a few good things in a bill thats over 2000 pages long. I bet there are some pretty UNPOPULAR provisions buried in that 2000 page monstrosity as well. I doubt we will hear about them though, Obamas record of honesty on this issue is somewhat less than stellar.. Well slightly above putrid.... Well actually putrid descibes how truthful hes been about it so far.

In fact every Democrats record of honesty about this bill can be described as putrid.

Its possible that this bill would be slightly workable is there was some actual competance involved in it, have they decided who is taking over for K Sebelius yet? Maybe they can get some people from the VA to show them how to run a health care system.

Dishonesty and incompetance across the board without question.

Last edited:
Back