Maycee Barber's Dad: "We now know Maycee has the highest level of heart and skill in the game."

Damn. Even if he believes all of that, he still shouldn't say it like that. It's off-putting. The fans know about the injury; let them make excuses.

not sure why almost everyone in this thread has this unbalanced hatred for the girl....its a little weird

her dad could possibly have worded it a bit better and gave a mention to Roxie whom came and did her thing and came out with the W regardless of what may or may not have influenced it....

the worst part of what he is saying is that it seems her camp and her are turning a legitimate reason into a end all excuse and that does bode well from her being able to learn from this loss and use it to get better....

How do you guys know she didn't injure it at the beginning of the fight?

When she went down in the 2nd round, it could very well have already been torn, thus causing her to fall from a seemingly normal step backwards
That's what I'm assuming happened. She didn't step on it funny when she collapsed, so it obviously was injured before that.

I haven't paid any attention to her before the fight, but it's obvious a lot of people here hated her before and are looking for excuses to be outraged. I can't think of many other fighters that would be expected to say "I'm just not any good" after losing with a torn acl for the majority of the fight. Fighters talk about having broken their hand in the octagon interview all the time and don't get nearly this reaction, and Barber didn't even mention her torn acl in her interview.

How do you guys know she didn't injure it at the beginning of the fight?

When she went down in the 2nd round, it could very well have already been torn, thus causing her to fall from a seemingly normal step backwards
Please watch the fight. You can see when it is torn, and when it is not.

That's what I'm assuming happened. She didn't step on it funny when she collapsed, so it obviously was injured before that.

I haven't paid any attention to her before the fight, but it's obvious a lot of people here hated her before and are looking for excuses to be outraged. I can't think of many other fighters that would be expected to say "I'm just not any good" after losing with a torn acl for the majority of the fight. Fighters talk about having broken their hand in the octagon interview all the time and don't get nearly this reaction, and Barber didn't even mention her torn acl in her interview.
She earned the shit she catches when she called out Dern 4 weeks after having a baby, and Paige Vanzant a week after having surgery. Then called them both cowards for ducking her. She missed weight for the fight, there's video from the weigh ins that shows she didn't make 126. And instead of cutting weight, she was posting Blacked memes on IG. Then she steals the mic from Joe. Then tries to use this "I only lost because of my knee"

<{clintugh}>

biggest display of heart? no
Thiago Santos had literally no leg left, Kicked with that leg, Dealt with Jones' knee kicks and he DIDN'T scream like a little bitch and fall down because of it.

It is going to be so awesome watching her face get mushed and beaten in for the next couple of years and hearing her delusional dad make excuses.

She earned the shit she catches when she called out Dern 4 weeks after having a baby, and Paige Vanzant a week after having surgery. Then called them both cowards for ducking her. She missed weight for the fight, there's video from the weigh ins that shows she didn't make 126. And instead of cutting weight, she was posting Blacked memes on IG. Then she steals the mic from Joe. Then tries to use this "I only lost because of my knee"

<{clintugh}>
<WellThere>

Pretty much what I thought. You hated her before and are looking for the flimsiest excuses to be outraged by a 21 year old girl. Grow up.

biggest display of heart? no
Thiago Santos had literally no leg left, Kicked with that leg, Dealt with Jones' knee kicks and he DIDN'T scream like a little bitch and fall down because of it.
I cant stand the girl, but I cant give her shit for any sound she made. Anything after the final bell though has been a huge cringe.

Bucky Barber -

The work was in, the skill level at its peak her only way of defeat is if bad luck kissed her on the cheek. Ten seconds in a complete ACL tear turned the probable into the unlikely. Though she had her moments and showed more heart than most have ever witnessed the night ended with an Loss. However was it a loss? She was not beaten by a better skill set. She was beaten by one unfortunate step and turn of events. That is out of her control. The victory we take from this is we now know we have the highest level of heart to match the highest level of skill in the game. I have seen how athletes react when this injury occurs. Very very few stay standing let alone fight an MMA fight for 15 minutes and still survive. That is insane.” Barber said.

“She will be back stronger and more dominant than ever and we as a team could not be more proud. The Future is real do not get confused with one step. The worst of luck smiles at us all! All we can do is smile back. She will see you all very soon. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. The Future, Version 2.0 to be feared.
Bucky Larson, born to be a star

p8045330_d_v8_aa.jpg

right now I'm furiously tearing out the electrical wiring in my office walls because a 21 year old professional fighter wasn't sufficiently reverential when she lost a fight

I cant stand the girl, but I cant give her shit for any sound she made. Anything after the final bell though has been a huge cringe.
No, I respect her tremendously that was an incredible display of heart and toughness.
but her dads acting like she is the toughest fighter ever for that. I'm just poking flaws in his argument. Not targeting her for that.

He put a lot into her, a lot. That's not his daughter, it's his project to fulfill himself through her dreams.

Did her dad heqr of Valentina Schevchenko. She's gonna gey brutally Kod if she thinks she is just better then Valentina

As for heart, yes she got heart

At least Bucky has an excuse. It's his daughter.

Whereas there's still no excuse for Rogan's crazy Rousey worship.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-03-at-2.24.53-PM.png

So, I guess this dude hasn't seen Valentina fight.

Back