Media Maycee Barber talks about how she had a stalker, effected her weight cut and interactions with all f

For a minute I thought isn't this the same one that just a week ago was blaming an auto immune disorder for missing weight, but that was Aspen Ladd ...

WMMA does seem to have a lot of excuses for missing weight though, might need one of those Nogueira-esque book shoops.

On my period
Almost on my period
I retain water
Had a stalker
Auto immune disorder
Hormones

I'm sure there are more

OK, I really do feel bad for her and I'm sure that was tough to deal with.

But don't give me this shit about how it was like the main cause of your missed weight cuts. As if so other people go through stressful life events? People have kids with serious illness.....going completely broke....lost a close friend, etc.

She seems like a decent person but she comes off as she is the most important person in the world, only she has problems, everything was stacked against her, blah blah bah.....and then add of course "not an excuse but".....

She would get far my sympathy and empthy if she didn't try to tie it to her weight cuts. Then she just makes it sound like an excuse and not a real story.

I see that Barber hasn't learned a damn thing from the backlash she got after losing to Roxy - she's still refusing to take responsibility for her failures and her entitled self-important attitude is still the same.

Ain’t this the truth. I don’t know what 10 years accomplishes if it’s not paired with heavy psychological help. Hopefully at some point we can actually talk about mental problems and get to a place where we can help people who suffer from them. We are all damaged in some way. Some more than others.

Because penalties for crimes aren't just discipline, but punishment as well. There should certainly be elements of rehabilitation where it's warranted, but sometimes there are people who aren't going be dissuaded from committing a crime unless there's a serious penalty for doing it.

Plus, sometimes you're just trying to get the person out of a society they're clearly unable to function in. If a person gets 40 years for killing someone, it's not because anyone thinks that that's the magic number that a person needs before they understand killing is wrong. It's because you want killers away from people for a long, long time.

That's a big part of it, but catty Valentina fanboys is another. They always gang up on fighters with title ambitions at 125

She's rank 12. She's got about as much valid title ambition at women's 125 as I do, and I'm a 230-pound man who's never been in a professional fight.

You can be famous in various degrees. Just because she's not Taylor Swift famous, doesn't mean she doesn't have a respectable amount of fame. It's all relative.
She has no respectable amount of fame.

The stalker thing is scary as fuck, it sucks she had to deal with that.

She is lucky hers got put in prison, a lot of these stalkers aren’t necessarily doing anything illegal so it’s hard to get rid of them.

Not like this completely fixes the issue, but at least Maycee knows how to defend herself… some women are so vulnerable, especially if they can’t carry a firearm.

The hate, as usual, comes from hype backlash. She was supposed to be the next big thing and was talking about becoming the youngest UFC champion ever...then we saw her skillset was mostly brawling and outmuscling smaller fighters. Watch her fights, and you'll see she's not just bad in general - she's bad for WMMA. And that's *really* bad.

No one would care about Maycee if we all accepted she was a top 15 sort of fighter, and that was that. But she was pushed as more than that, and that just didn't pan out.
Yeah if you come off like you think you’re gods gift to MMA, and you get some wins and a push from the UFC, but you actually aren’t good at all, of course people are gonna dislike you.

But Jesus everyone should have empathy or her having to deal with something like this.

Some people can’t separate disliking someone in a sports context and disliking someone as a human being… there are plenty of fighters I don’t like on a surface level, but I don’t actually know them and don’t have true distain for any of them. Some people get way too deep into the fanboy/anti fanboy shit.

Some people might call it "stalking," I call it "a NEVER give up attitude"!

Back