• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Max Just Suddenly Developed One-Shot KO Power

He used to be said to have "Pillow Hands". He's definitely changed that narrative, he's Ko'd Zombie and Justin back-to-back.

Notice anything coincidental about those two fights?

In both of them they abandoned defense and started swinging for the fences.

Some of you are a bit slow regarding physics and understanding how KO's work...

Have you noticed the guys who have massive output and cardio are the same ones that don't often get knocked out? It has to do with setting your feet and the amount of power you put into your shots. Max has never been a plant your feet and swing guy, and that is exactly what he did in the scenarios he KO'd people.

If you got all the guys in the UFC within a division to plant their feet and throw the same shot, there wouldn't be some major difference in power. There are outliers and massive power guys, but it isn't leaps and bound difference in how much a human can produce.
This is probably what Jamahal Hill was telling himself all week.

Max wobbled him a few times throughout the fight so I don’t know that you can say he has 1 punch KO power

He’s not pillow fisted though

I just watched the fight again. Like three times today.

At 3:00 R5 Max unleashes a combo that's like... Jesus. They should make him a goddamn Killer Instinct character.

I swear to God they should put him in the HOF twice

Gaethje's already broken nose took some gnarly damage during the faceplant sequence.

This knockout is a result of putting on functional weight in a reasonable time, breaking Justin’s nose in the first round, and sitting down heavily on that overhand right that ended the fight.

I think it’s like Bisping, he’s a volume puncher, he utilizes his speed and endurance to outlast opponents rather than trying to end the fight with a single shot. It’s not that he doesn’t have the ability, that’s just not his style!

What does that have to do with anything? lol?
Cumulative damage and much reduced stamina, Justin fought 4 rounds with a badly broken nose. Also Max asked for a slugfest in the end to land the big one.

source.gif

Lol anyone can KO anyone when they are just throwing hands like that recklessly, with their chins hanging in the air, not aiming and just throwing wildly hoping one will land on the button. Max was more clever with it cause he was dipping his head low and looking to the ground so to keep his chin away from danger, Gaethje was the total opposite. Was a great KO

Max isn't going to knock anyone out with punches unless they present their chin in the same fashion that Zombie and Gaethje did.

Last edited:
Justin wasn't even looking at Max when he knocked him out and that's why he got knocked out.

He was out on his feet before the final shot. He was winging punches in autopilot mode

Back