Media Matt Serra States That Only a Small Percentage of Fighters Do Not Use PED's

Matt Serra is on TRT.

Yeah I really hate when these guys are like “everyone is using... except me.”

Why not just own that shit?

When I think about what a retarded relationship we have to performance enhancing drugs it just boggles my mind. I mean these drugs, if administered properly, are almost all safe. It’s this, “but not me,” retard culture that’s holding the whole sport, and all sports, from just excepting their use as part and parcel of performing at the highest levels. That’s the way it already is. People just won’t admit it.

I cant say for sure if Gsp used or not. All I can say is that he sure lost a some speed and explosivness in his last few fights. That would seem more like a guy not using.
Or age.

I wonder if Khabib is on anything granted a lot of his friends were.

I trained at a Serra gym a few times, damn near 10 years ago now.

This is the thought process of a lot of people over there. I honestly thought they were salty at the time but I was just naive. Look at all the busts in the last 10 years. Specifically the last few years with USADA.

every fighter has said that since mma began.

ps:serra has used peds for fights
mofo is on trt now

Why do you think Serra being on TRT after he retired indicates he used during his career? Testosterone goes down naturally in your 40s and TRT exemptions were a thing when he was fighting but he never got one. I'm not saying he never used any PEDs during his career but I don't get why people are bringing up him being on TRT in his 40s after he retired as some sort of reason to believe he used when he was fighting. He could have probably been on TRT while fighting if he wanted to and choose not to.

It disqualifies him from pretending he was clean. "Oh, yeah, i'm on TRT since day one after I retired, but I was squeky clean when there was no USADA, believe you me". Also having testosterone deficiency at 40 years of age is a clear sign ot lifelong steroid abuse, especially when we talk professional athletes, not some fat bozo in the office or the average sherdogger.

Testosterone starts to go down at 30. https://www.webmd.com/men/features/...ned-how-do-you-know-when-levels-are-too-low#1 TRT exemptions were a thing when Serra was fighting yet he never tried to get one. He could have been on PEDs at some point prior to retiring but this idea that he was clearly on them because after he retired at 40 he decided to have a better quality of life is bullshit.

Serra-calf-UFC-LI.gif

I believe it from Nick Diaz because he's so paranoid he wouldn't trust any of the substances. And I'm pretty sure he's a vegan.... at the least he's very careful about what he puts in his body, and he hates synthetic substances.

It seems natural that someone with his personality wouldn't use steroids or HGH or anything like that.

GSP is extremely worried about his long term health, which would argue against him using something with long term consequences (most steroids taken at the levels and duration used by athletes). Fedor is religious, which would argue against him breaking one of the commandments by lying -- he'd admit it if he was using. Same for Khabib, religious so wouldn't lie. And you can go through almost every fighter and find philosophical reasons why they wouldn't take PED's.

People believe the fighters they like are the exception, and always find a rationalization for that belief. But then never believe the rationalizations for fighters they don't like. Almost all of people's opinions are biased (including mine of course) -- visual inspection doesn't work (its why not a single sport or testing organization on the planet accept visual signs as evidence), philosophical arguments don't work (people can rationalize anything), religious arguments do't work (people break their religious vows all the time). We're left with biased gut feelings about who is and isn't using.

My bias is that Nick, GSP, Fedor, Khabib, and everyone else at the UFC level is using. Some are using more than the test-safe amount, and test positive. Nick, GSP, Fedor and Khabib in my opinion are sticking to test-safe dosages and so pass tests. Other fighters took a risk went over the test-safe dosages to get an advantage over the fighters who limited themselves to test-safe, and got caught. In that sense Nick, GSP, Fedor and Khabib are among the better ones -- they never used more than the 'allowable' limit.

Man, I bet everyone at his gym is happy to know their tests are about to get doubled lol

Why do you think Serra being on TRT after he retired indicates he used during his career? Testosterone goes down naturally in your 40s and TRT exemptions were a thing when he was fighting but he never got one. I'm not saying he never used any PEDs during his career but I don't get why people are bringing up him being on TRT in his 40s after he retired as some sort of reason to believe he used when he was fighting. He could have probably been on TRT while fighting if he wanted to and choose not to.

90% of fighters roid or roided- stat often repeated by pros
here matt sort of admits he did, accidentally,
then he goes on to say only him and bj fought clean... oh and the fighters he trains.
so everyone roids but those guys? lol

now i aint sayin serra is 1 of the only roiders, i am saying he is like the other 90% of ufc fighters....

ps - i am older than serra and dont need trt...

ps - i am older than serra and dont need trt...
How many times have you hyper-extended your joints, and/or been punched in the head, face, and body, while competing at the highest levels of BJJ/MMA?

Interesting he didnt include Weidman with himself and BJ Penn

Back