Masvidal wants GSP: "I would put everything into my being and my soul to end this individual"

“They’ve said this about me, that I resurrect fighters. And then I retire them again. So I wouldn’t mind if GSP jumps on that campaign,” Masvidal said to Submission Radio.

“In all honesty, it’s a competition. I wanna break his face and go at him with everything. I got respect for what he’s done, then he took how many years off, came back and beat [Michael] Bisping for the legitimate middleweight title. The dude’s a stud.

“I would put everything into my being and my soul to end this individual because he’s that good. He’s the type of guy that would require a good training camp, isolation, away from the world. Focus on the task day in, day out, because he’s one hell of a competitor.”

images

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...al-throws-name-georges-st-pierre-sweepstakes/

He wants to fight a middle aged guy (which is very old for a contact sport like MMA) who's had one fight in six years? That's like say Lebron James calling out Michael Jordan to play basketball.

The reason of course is the obvious one -- he wants the PPV money a fight with GSP brings. And I don't blame him one bit. Professional sport is a very uncertain career, it could end at any time (one injury can do it), and most fighters have no other marketable skills. GSP is an easy fight now (knee injury, one fight in six years, and old), and easy big money is always attractive. Who wouldn't want something like that?

some one plz shut this goof up. one fluke KO and now he thinks he can take on GOAT

All these guys calling out retired GSP in the twilight of his career is pretty lame, IMO. I am a Masvidal fan but it's pretty lame. It's lame for people to call out Anderson Silva for fights too now. Do they think they're getting a win over the same guy who was the greatest of said particular division of all time? It's a great win because they're still talented fighters but it hardly is of the same level.

Mas probably just wants a money fight and is willing to say anything about anyone to get one. I can't fault him for that at all. Get that money.
Lol that was hardly a call out and even if it was so what. Calling someone out for a fight is how half the fights get made. Closed mouths don't get fed, whether you think it's lame or not.

There is almost no chance of that happening, so the callout made by Masvidal is kinda moot...

It would be funny to watch GSP take Masvidal's made up BMF belt from him and stroll out of the octagon.

Masvidal would destroy and retire GSP for the 3rd and final time

This is how you know most of Sherdog is full of complete idiots.

Masvidal wouldn't win 1 minute of 1 round in a 25 minute fight vs GSP.

GSP is literally better in every aspect of the sport including striking.

Lol that was hardly a call out and even if it was so what. Calling someone out for a fight is how half the fights get made. Closed mouths don't get fed, whether you think it's lame or not.

True about calling out. But calling out an old guy with one fight in six years is pretty comical. Understandable, because a fight with GSP would mean a good PPV, but still comical.

I kind of think he's not so much thinking a fight with GSP is possible (see old guy with one fight in six years above), but just using GSP to get his name in the press. Which makes sense, its how the marketing game is played. GSP will understand that as well (as per his "I am not impressed" to Hughes in marketing that fight).

True about calling out. But calling out an old guy with one fight in six years is pretty comical. Understandable, because a fight with GSP would mean a good PPV, but still comical.

I kind of think he's not so much thinking a fight with GSP is possible (see old guy with one fight in six years above), but just using GSP to get his name in the press. Which makes sense, its how the marketing game is played. GSP will understand that as well (as per his "I am not impressed" to Hughes in marketing that fight).
That old guy wants a fight with khabib. If it's ok for the old guy to call people out, then it's ok for the old guy to called out.

C'mon Jorge, when GSP peaked, you were getting subbed by Toby fucking Imada son....
CarefreePeacefulJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

GSP isn't taking that fight for the simple fact that Jorge offers him nothing for his legacy. He stands to gain nothing by beating this dude. Period. End of story.

How dare you discount the value of the BMF belt!

That old guy wants a fight with khabib. If it's ok for the old guy to call people out, then it's ok for the old guy to called out.

I agree, and that's what I said -- calling out is okay, because that's the current model for getting your name into the press and getting money fights. The guys doing the calling out don't necessarily think they've any chance of getting the fight, but they correctly think the call-out will get them some free press.

Khabib's been calling out GSP as well, and for the same reason -- free press for everyone. I don't think the old guy calling fighters wants to fight anymore (his knee is shot, he's out of shape judging by his last fight, and probably extremely tired of the intense training he did for more than a decade, which is why he retired in the first place), and I don't think the young guys calling him out in return expect to fight him either (and why bother fighting an old guy long past his best-before date, it'd be as pointless as when Larry Holmes beat an old Muhammad Ali). But both old guy and young guys find the free press they get from the various calls useful.

GSPs wrestling and strength are way too much for Masvidal unless he goes the enhancement route

gsp may comeback for conor or a broken anderson silva. there is no benefit to gsp's legacy to add masvidal.

I sure do hear a lot about what masvidal wants lately.

I wonder why he doesn't mention Edwards, Woodley, Colby are marty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back