• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Mark Hunt still salty about Lesnar, says he was the first heavyweight to miss weight

but I have no idea why he bitches about this particular fight so much. Hunt fought in Pride where PEDs were allllll over the place. If I’m Hunt I’d assume Brock was taking shit when I signed to take the fight. It just seems strange he’s always bringing it up.

Why shouldn't he bring it up? When he fought in Pride he knew what the score was. When fighting Lesnar, he thought yeah I can beat him if he's clean, and since we're under USADA now he has to pass tests, so it's a level playing field. The UFC had one rule for him, another rule for Lesnar, that's why he's mad. Pride had the same rules for everyone.

Mark's gonna get cancer if he can't let this go

All of this is probably true. I don’t doubt it.
I’ve always been a big Hunt fan, but I have no idea why he bitches about this particular fight so much. Hunt fought in Pride where PEDs were allllll over the place. If I’m Hunt I’d assume Brock was taking shit when I signed to take the fight. It just seems strange he’s always bringing it up.
very good points

All of this is probably true. I don’t doubt it.
I’ve always been a big Hunt fan, but I have no idea why he bitches about this particular fight so much. Hunt fought in Pride where PEDs were allllll over the place. If I’m Hunt I’d assume Brock was taking shit when I signed to take the fight. It just seems strange he’s always bringing it up.

Soccer kicks to the head were legal in Pride as well. So if he did that in the UFC it would be ok? You have very poor logic skills.

If you are allowed to roid then you aren't cheating.

https://www.chess.com/member/1markhunt

Pretty sure it's legit. Currently sitting at 1890 in bullet which is pretty high.

He is lower rated on rapid and blitz but still solid.

I knew the guy was kind of a gamer back in the day so he might started playing a ton of chess online.

Online chess ratings don't really mean anything. You have to play in person. But a 1800+ rating is very good.

I think I recall this now that you mention it. Why has been bitching about it so much then?
I guess he has a right to lodge complaints about these issues but it's weird because he said he knew going into the fight. If he didn't feel that it mattered I'm not sure why he would complain after losing.

I guess he has a right to lodge complaints about these issues but it's weird because he said he knew going into the fight. If he didn't feel that it mattered I'm not sure why he would complain after losing.

because it was illegal?

i find it weird that so many people bitch about fighter's not getting paid or treated rightly, but Mark Hunt has actually tried to do something about it and is constantly fighting against the UFC and people end up calling him a whack job and a poor sport for not letting it go? which one is it? do the fighter's deserve fair treatment and decent pay or is Mark Hunt complaining about nothing?

Can't believe Mark Hunt is a 2000 elo rated player in chess when he writes like he is a complete retard and can't move on from this.
Seriously? I thought he was slow to begin with, and some added brain damage to make it worse.

He said he didn't care before the fight.

He was vocal about it before the fight but did tone it down leading up to the fight.

Hunt (12-10-1 MMA, 7-4-1 UFC) came out firing shortly after his co-headliner with Lesnar (5-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) was announced for the blockbuster pay-per-view event, accusing the former wrestling champ of being “juiced to the gills” and calling an exemption from a four-month period of drug testing a “load of (expletive)” and “rubbish.”

and

Hunt toned down his previous rhetoric on Lesnar and steroid use, telling MMAjunkie, “I don’t care – everyone should be on a level playing field, to be honest, but it is what it is.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2016...eer-but-tones-down-steroid-rhetoric-on-lesnar

Mark is right. But him whining about ufc being corrupt is like him whining you can hurt in a ufc fight. They are obvious truths and the audience is at peace with them so he should move on

because it was illegal?

i find it weird that so many people bitch about fighter's not getting paid or treated rightly, but Mark Hunt has actually tried to do something about it and is constantly fighting against the UFC and people end up calling him a whack job and a poor sport for not letting it go? which one is it? do the fighter's deserve fair treatment and decent pay or is Mark Hunt complaining about nothing?
If he didn't dismiss the fact of Lesnar being on PEDs then there would be no issue. It's only because he said he didn't care, lost, then decided to care again that makes it weird.

Someone should tell him that all the guys he fought in Pride were on roids too.

Why shouldn't he bring it up? When he fought in Pride he knew what the score was. When fighting Lesnar, he thought yeah I can beat him if he's clean, and since we're under USADA now he has to pass tests, so it's a level playing field. The UFC had one rule for him, another rule for Lesnar, that's why he's mad. Pride had the same rules for everyone.
The only rule that was relaxed for lesnar was the 6 month rule, which hunt knew about before he signed to fight him.

Note they just relaxed the same rule for meisha tate……

Back