• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Mark Hunt still salty about Lesnar, says he was the first heavyweight to miss weight

because it was illegal?

i find it weird that so many people bitch about fighter's not getting paid or treated rightly, but Mark Hunt has actually tried to do something about it and is constantly fighting against the UFC and people end up calling him a whack job and a poor sport for not letting it go? which one is it? do the fighter's deserve fair treatment and decent pay or is Mark Hunt complaining about nothing?
Mark is alleging something he has no evidence to support. I don’t see him on a crusade about fair pay.

All of this is probably true. I don’t doubt it.
I’ve always been a big Hunt fan, but I have no idea why he bitches about this particular fight so much. Hunt fought in Pride where PEDs were allllll over the place. If I’m Hunt I’d assume Brock was taking shit when I signed to take the fight. It just seems strange he’s always bringing it up.
Oh yeah, it's crazy hunt probably fought everyone on steroids back in Pride, makes no sense why he's hung up on this.

I love Mark Hunt. One of my favourites of all time

But I'd be lying if I said he doesn't write like a 14 year old in remedial class.

Jus another reason I really don't bother much with anything outside the fight itself.

Much luv for Hunt's fights tho!

Mark needs to let it go, it's over 5 years!

Juice or no juice, Brock imo would beat him. The guy came back from a a 5 year hiatus and dominated Mark

I don't get the hate for Brock?

He pretty much dived into the deep end and swam immediately. I know he was a decorated collegiate wrestler, but to become champ in the Premier organisation barely a year or 2 into your career was special. Just imagine wwe hadn't came knocking and lesnar started much earlier?

Scary thought

Mark before Brock fight - I know he's on steroids doesn't matter I'm gonna knock him out.

Mark after losing Brock fight - He was on steroids!!! I could have been killed!!!

<Dany07>

No one here is even offering anything other than a knee jerk answer.

What exactly did you expect him to do? Walk away from the huge payday and eat his training costs? People around the world would’ve called him a coward. He had to fight. So he did what all of us would’ve done…..say we’re going to kick his ass anyway.

After the fight he was rightfully pissed. He was screwed over in his last 3 fights with fighters that pissed hot. No one was stopping this ridiculousness. The guy couldn’t get a level playing field. Do I think he should still be carrying on about it? No. But don’t tell me he’s contradicting himself when he wasn’t in a position to do anything else.

No one here is even offering anything other than a knee jerk answer.

What exactly did you expect him to do? Walk away from the huge payday and eat his training costs? People around the world would’ve called him a coward. He had to fight. So he did what all of us would’ve done…..say we’re going to kick his ass anyway.

After the fight he was rightfully pissed. He was screwed over in his last 3 fights with fighters that pissed hot. No one was stopping this ridiculousness. The guy couldn’t get a level playing field. Do I think he should still be carrying on about it? No. But don’t tell me he’s contradicting himself when he wasn’t in a position to do anything else.
Walk away when? The only exemption brock received was the 6 month exemption that hunt knew about when he signed for the fight.

I hope Hunt got paid a lot of money for the fight. I wouldn't say he is bitching but he does bring it up a lot.

Before the fight, he (and everyone) knew Lesnar was going to be juiced and he knew Lesnar would weight well over 265 lbs the day of the fight. If he didn't get at least a million, it's his own fault.
let's not try to change the past. before Lesnar popped a lot of people thought he was clean. it may sound ridiculous now but it was a different time. the view that "anyone with a bit of muscle is on steroids" is a recent one.

Walk away when? The only exemption brock received was the 6 month exemption that hunt knew about when he signed for the fight.

The same exemption they gave Tate I believe.

You would think Lesnar banged his wife or something. The fight being brought up makes him unhinged.

I like Hunt but Lesnar was just a really bad style match for him. He should accept that and get over it

They should rematch on the undercard of a Paul Brother fight

Mark before Brock fight - I know he's on steroids doesn't matter I'm gonna knock him out.

Mark after losing Brock fight - He was on steroids!!! I could have been killed!!!

<Dany07>
While that is exactly how it played out, and the irony is certainly entertaining, it is also sad that he's the one getting mocked for stepping up and fighting a guy who clearly gained his physique from synthetic enhancements (and confirmed by drug testing).
Still worth a chuckle because it's borderline hypocritical but in context it's a fighter accepting the biggest payday available, pointing out the other guy is cheating but heading into the fight with a confident attitude. That's exactly where you want your fighter if he's in this fight. He needs to be confident in his ability, but he can also be yelling and screaming about the cheating. Then after the loss, he should be pissed the other guy cheated and was caught.

let's not try to change the past. before Lesnar popped a lot of people thought he was clean. it may sound ridiculous now but it was a different time. the view that "anyone with a bit of muscle is on steroids" is a recent one.

But did Brock ever get to the bottom of why/how those steroids got into his system? I, for one, am still waiting to hear from him.
<BC1>

Still crying about this... when he said he knew lesnar was on roids and didn't care because he would beat him still. Then he gets mauled and crys about it none stop.

I’ve always been a big Hunt fan, but I have no idea why he bitches about this particular fight so much. Hunt fought in Pride where PEDs were allllll over the place. If I’m Hunt I’d assume Brock was taking shit when I signed to take the fight. It just seems strange he’s always bringing it up.
Yeah i cant believe Hunt is still crying about it - was like 10 years ago now lol

You would think Lesnar banged his wife or something. The fight being brought up makes him unhinged.

I like Hunt but Lesnar was just a really bad style match for him. He should accept that and get over it
I think Lesnar being a WWE fighter and beating him without training MMA for years is the underlying problem.

cause he a diva.

It seemed obvious they were all on something, but none were proven to fail a test right before the fight like Lesnar was unless I'm mistaken.

Back