Manti Te

Sure it does. He's heartbroken and isn't over the tragic death of the love his young life. Gives the guy years - if not a lifetime - worth of cover story to why he's not with a girl.

If the guy is actually gay, if I were his PR firm, the way I'd spin it is that this is something that he was forced to do to to cover for his being gay and it got out of hand. Blah blah blah, conflicted about his identity, etc, whatevers. Really paint himself as a victim of society, garner sympathy about the plight of gay athletes and so on.

it seems to me like gay guys hide their status all the time by not talking about it. there is no need for this elaborate hoax to throw off suspicions of him being gay. he goes to ND, bunch of homos anyway.

it seems to me like gay guys hide their status all the time by not talking about it. there is no need for this elaborate hoax to throw off suspicions of him being gay. he goes to ND, bunch of homos anyway.

only the priests. a fairly large portion of the athletes aren't catholic.

If he's gay and it's a cover, that's the worst, most I'll conceived cover ever. Wouldn't the point of a beard be to not draw attention to oneself. The use of this national fucking story that turned into a major factor during all the heisman talk was a public spectacle that was obviously going to unravel and obviously going to draw a ton of attention to him in the end.

Dude could have just not addressed it or had some chick on his arm who wasn't really his girlfriend but passed herself off as such. That's why it's weird to me. I mean couldn't it be that they crafted a sob story to try to get him to be the feel good candidate for the heisman...

How long before Oprah lands the interview...

If he's gay and it's a cover, that's the worst, most I'll conceived cover ever. Wouldn't the point of a beard be to not draw attention to oneself. The use of this national fucking story that turned into a major factor during all the heisman talk was a public spectacle that was obviously going to unravel and obviously going to draw a ton of attention to him in the end.

Dude could have just not addressed it or had some chick on his arm who wasn't really his girlfriend but passed herself off as such. That's why it's weird to me. I mean couldn't it be that they crafted a sob story to try to get him to be the feel good candidate for the heisman...

it's like suzie!? :eek:

Gay Mormon football player with an imaginary girlfriend who died from cancer. You can't make this shit up.

only the priests. a fairly large portion of the athletes aren't catholic.

lighten up francis

this right here

it's like suzie!? :eek:

Hahah. They made her up and then killed her lol. Manti and the other dude who created the hoax driving

"People are going to start asking about this girlfriend. What if they want to meet her? What do I do?"

"You'll have to get rid of her."

"But I like her."

"She's gone."

Hahaha. look at that bumper sticker.

Hahahah

Mike moffit cowers in the trunk.

Brian Kelly talks at the fake funeral service and says he remembers succumbing to temptation with Manti's deceased beloved in the lockerrom when she came to one of the games and Manti went to a bar with his teammates.

From the Sports Bar-

Manti Te'o is an anagram for "Into Meat"

B5N9W.jpg

Lance Armstrong is behind this. He knew he was going to get outed for doping for a long time and just had to find the right person.

This. Occam's razor says it's simply that he wanted publicity and is very, very stupid. I'm wondering if originally it was just supposed to be a little goof, but when he saw how ridiculously gullible the sports media was--how they never checked on anything--he started to feel like he could get away with damn near anything.

Watching this on ESPN ATM, why would you go public about an online Gf you've never met when you're in his position? That was career suicide as it is! I feel bad he's been trolled but you have to admit, it's kind of his own fault.

Watching this on ESPN ATM, why would you go public about an online Gf you've never met when you're in his position? That was career suicide as it is! I feel bad he's been trolled but you have to admit, it's kind of his own fault.

He's either the dumbest or scumbagiest person in America right now. I missed the name but ESPN said whoever is investigating said he is "80% sure" Te'o was in on it and used it as a publicity stunt.

Now ESPN is insinuating that his head wasn't in the bcs championship game that's why he played like shit. He better hope his story stands up or he may not get drafted behind this shit.

He's either the dumbest or scumbagiest person in America right now. I missed the name but ESPN said whoever is investigating said he is "80% sure" Te'o was in on it and used it as a publicity stunt.

Now ESPN is insinuating that his head wasn't in the bcs championship game that's why he played like shit. He better hope his story stands up or he may not get drafted behind this shit.

Never mind. The "80%" guy was the same friend in the deadspin article, not someone on ESPN.

I'm watching it too. Fucking lol at the spokesperson, "victim of an elaborate and sophisticated hoax".

Sophisticated? Okay...

If hes truly gay, I wouldnt be surprised if he commits suicide. That's a lot of pressure and public scrutiny must be tough.

I feel bad for the guy. If he just made it up to get heisman then he deserves all the scrutiny.

This isn't the Lance Armstrong doping scandal. There isn't a decade-long abuse of the the NFL, nor potentially tens of millions of dollars in embezzled donations. Being a liar (and possibly) a homosexual won't keep the NFL from drafting talent. It may hurt his position, as it hurts his marketability, but talent is talent to pro sports franchises; talent is money in the bank.

This isn't the Lance Armstrong doping scandal. There isn't a decade-long abuse of the the NFL, nor potentially tens of millions of dollars in embezzled donations. Being a liar (and possibly) a homosexual won't keep the NFL from drafting talent. It may hurt his position, as it hurts his marketability, but talent is talent to pro sports franchises; talent is money in the bank.

I heard on sports radio that his stock already went down with this news. But if Ray Lewis can get away with killing a man and still be seen as a hero, this shouldnt be a big deal.

Back