Manti Te

this is an interesting comment at the bottom:

But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper."

Erm, that's because she was registered under her real name, Lennay Marie Wochinski. Lennay Marie Kekua was her professional name.

is Manti Teo even real?
yes

I just read the whole story and it blew my mind.

No idea if it's true, but they make a pretty damn convincing case.

You would think people at her school would be like, "who the hell is that?" when her death was brought up in the media.

This article is too bizarre. Too long also, can i get a TL/DR. What happened to this kid after everyone found out. Also why the hell did he make this shit up? Or was he just a crazy mormon?

He said some of the last words his "girlfriend" told him before she died was..

"Babe, if anything happens to me, you promise that you'll stay there and you'll play and you'll honor me through the way you play."

So he just made that up? It does sound badly contrived, like some bad tv movie special shit. If i was going to die, the last thing i would tell my mate is to fuck everything and go on playing sports. Who IRL would say something like that. You only hear that garbage in movies.

If this turns out to be true, it is one of the world's greatest ever troll jobs.

This article is too bizarre. Too long also, can i get a TL/DR. What happened to this kid after everyone found out. Also why the hell did he make this shit up? Or was he just a crazy mormon?

He said some of the last words his "girlfriend" told him before she died was..

"Babe, if anything happens to me, you promise that you'll stay there and you'll play and you'll honor me through the way you play."

So he just made that up? It does sound badly contrived, like some bad tv movie special shit. If i was going to die, the last thing i would tell my mate is to fuck everything and go on playing sports. Who IRL would say something like that. You only hear that garbage in movies.

He hasn't really had a chance to comment yet, it's only coming out right now. Will be interesting to see if he comes clean or denies and tries to present any evidence that she's a real person.

Either way, if I were him I'd be on the phone with a top-notch PR agency - he's got a lot at stake here.

This is just filled with awesomeness.

first to say:

wrong forum.

Back