Manti Te

Misty?

250px-Misty_AG.png

post whore much?

The press release from Notre Dame said the Dec 26 date. ESPN was a bit more hush about it but rumors say it was Jan 1-2. Reason why? Because ESPN was broadcasting the BCS Championship Game and didnt want it to be tainted by this story.

That makes a lot of sense. They were really hyping that game up, that twist would have caused a lot of controversy.

There's just no way. He said in interviews "what her last words to him were", talked about who she was. He would talk to "her" through twitter. Now he's saying he was duped. Yet the "her" on twitter was an account created by a friend of his. Rumors are his friend a pastor is more then his friend and the "girl" was a cover.

this story only gets better

LL

Ok that story was way too long, so bottom line- will there be any repercussions from this?

i just read some of that article. how could anyone have believed the story in the first place? she got into a car accident then was diagnosed with leukemia? it sounds like something brian griffin would write.

He didn't win the Heisman, but the Oscar should be a cinch.

Damn I remember watching that CBS story before the game and thinking it would be cool if he won. How the hell is he a victim? Like others have already pointed out, he spoke about her in interviews, said what her last words were to him, and talked about all the moments they had together. I dont believe for one second that he was hoaxed. I think he's gay like others have thought, created this fake girlfriend to throw people off, and shit just got way out of hand but by then he was too far into the lie to go back. This is a pretty pathetic story and his response was equally as weak.

One real dedicated hoaxer if that's true.

Talked on the phone with him every night...

Damn I remember watching that CBS story before the game and thinking it would be cool if he won. How the hell is he a victim? Like others have already pointed out, he spoke about her in interviews, said what her last words were to him, and talked about all the moments they had together. I dont believe for one second that he was hoaxed. I think he's gay like others have thought, created this fake girlfriend to throw people off, and shit just got way out of hand but by then he was too far into the lie to go back. This is a pretty pathetic story and his response was equally as weak.

yeah. that statement he made was obviously written by a professional. he also contradicted himself many times. first he claimed to have met her in person and spent time with her many times (including in hawaii allegedly), as well as spending all night on the phone with her. now all of a sudden he only had an online relationship with here? who's he crapping?

He didn't win the Heisman, but the Oscar should be a cinch.

Lance Armstrong is fist pumping somewhere!

tumblr_l6c7vonxIW1qam0cl.gif

Manti's agent needs to put a spin on the gay rumors before draft day. Or his stock would fall rapidly.

still doesn't make sense to do it to hide being gay.

at least not killing her off. that was done for publicity.

Sure it does. He's heartbroken and isn't over the tragic death of the love his young life. Gives the guy years - if not a lifetime - worth of cover story to why he's not with a girl.

If the guy is actually gay, if I were his PR firm, the way I'd spin it is that this is something that he was forced to do to to cover for his being gay and it got out of hand. Blah blah blah, conflicted about his identity, etc, whatevers. Really paint himself as a victim of society, garner sympathy about the plight of gay athletes and so on.

i wonder how badly this is going to affect his potential to play in the nfl. most nfl players seem pretty homophobic.

Back