• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Manager: Robert Whittaker Had Emergency Surgery 24 Hours Before UFC Saudi Arabia

@helax @Neck&Neck @Bobby Boulders @Travis Alexander

giphy.gif

honestly theres no greater pain than a tooth infection/abcess or an earache. if you have had a serious one of either, its no fuckin joke. i had a cracked molar crown that turned into a huge infection. the 3 days before and after that fucker got yanked i was in bed with a hot plate next to me constantly heating up water to keep it warm, so i could hot press my cheek. it was the ONLY thing to give me any sort of relief.

honestly theres no greater pain than a tooth infection/abcess or an earache. if you have had a serious one of either, its no fuckin joke. i had a cracked molar crown that turned into a huge infection. the 3 days before and after that fucker got yanked i was in bed with a hot plate next to me constantly heating up water to keep it warm, so i could hot press my cheek. it was the ONLY thing to give me any sort of relief.

Nerve pain in general is the worst

GettyImages-2158780325-1140x788.jpg

In addition to being paired with a short-notice opponent, Robert Whittaker faced more adversity heading into his showdown with Ikram Aliskerov in the UFC on ABC 6 main event.

Whittaker’s manager, Titus Day, told Fox Sports Australia that the former middleweight champion underwent emergency root canal surgery just 24 hours prior to the bout.

“Rob has a really bad abscess that flared up a week before flying out,” Day said. “He had headaches, tooth pain — it was like he’d been kicked in the side of the head. He couldn’t train, couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep. It was f—-ing painful.

“The whole side of his head was in pain so we had to rush him in for emergency surgery.”

“The Reaper” appeared to be no worse for wear, as he vanquished Aliskerov via first-round knockout on Saturday at Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for his second consecutive triumph.

“Rob had already stopped training a few days prior to the surgery in Sydney,” Day said. “And then flew out with his face still numb. We had no idea if it was going to be all right. Everyone was just praying the swelling would go down and everything would be OK. And thankfully, it was. But Rob’s still got pain there. Still needs more surgery to be done in the next couple of weeks.”

After the victory, Whittaker expressed interest in serving as the backup fighter for the UFC 305 title clash between Dricus Du Plessis and Israel Adesanya in Perth, Australia. That possibility, as well as Whittaker competing in a separate fight on the Aug. 17 card, is currently uncertain.

The anesthesia used for the root canal is the real reason Whittaker didn't get knocked out by those kick feints.

Back