• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

I thought he just said he was banged up and would have to sit a year out, as a minimum. I didn't think he had actually said he had retired. His contract was traded to join the HoF roster of contracts held by the Coyotes
With the way the cap recapture penalty is written it didn't matter who ended up with the contract last, Nashville was going to be on the hook for a major hit if the retired before the contract ended. Luongo retiring early hosed the Canucks the same way.

With the way the cap recapture penalty is written it didn't matter who ended up with the contract last, Nashville was going to be on the hook for a major hit if the retired before the contract ended. Luongo retiring early hosed the Canucks the same way.

I was more referring to his eligibility for the HoF. I must've missed the news that he officially retired.

I do vaguely remembering that Arizona now own his contract. Like they owned Datsyuk's

Wonder if the Avs stick with Georgiev or try for a better goaltender in a trade. Rumblings say they were interested in Ullmark before he was picked up by Ottawa from Boston. But who knows if that was true.

This is precisely what I was referring to about Connor being the NHL and media darling. Lol. Such a hilarious excuse that would be laughed out of the room if it were made for any other player. And you will see ridiculous excuses like this for the sports darlings in all the other major sports too. I want to see him win a Cup some day, but I also enjoy seeing the apologists suffer and say the stupidest shit. "Three day breaks in between every game is not enough for him!"

Losing the Final in game 7 probably increases his odds to be voted in as the Hart winner too.

20240626-165431.jpg
The regular season trophies were voted on before the playoffs started

Sharks trade up to 11th. My guess is they want Buium or Dickenson and might trade up again. Probably eyeing Utah or Ottawa pick

Sort of surprised to see Weber get in that fast.
I think he retired after the bubble year, and proceeded to fuck the cap for the Predators because they got hit with the salary retention penalty.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Ozzy should have went in together... imo
Does Zetterberg have the numbers or accolades for the hall? Genuine question. I know he's got one cup and a gold medal.

Does Zetterberg have the numbers or accolades for the hall? Genuine question. I know he's got one cup and a gold medal.
Member of Triple Gold Club.
One Conn Smythe.
1082 games and 960 points.

Weber:
Won Olympic gold and worlds. No Stanley Cup. No individual awards.
1038 games and 589 points.

If Weber gets in, Zetterberg should get in too. Maybe next year?

Member of Triple Gold Club.
One Conn Smythe.
1082 games and 960 points.

Weber:
Won Olympic gold and worlds. No Stanley Cup. No individual awards.
1038 games and 589 points.

If Weber gets in, Zetterberg should get in too. Maybe next year?

Sort of surprised to see Weber get in that fast.

Alfredsson got in.

Freidman was on the Pat McAfee show looking like he just got out of bed. Great look Eliot you tool.

Back