Mahailya Reeves, a 15 year old girl, benched 335 lbs RAW {IMPRESSIVE]

Dude if I struggled with 2 plates I’d stay the fuck home
a lot of weakass dudes still want to compete and get their numbers in the books, even if it's a pitiful amount. This is what I'm trying to emphasize to woloo. Plenty of healthy adult men are simply WEAK, and lifting alleviates that somewhat, but they are just not destined to be strong. They can get strongER, but never be STRONG. Bless them for trying.

Melo and Lawrence are def stronger than an average 185lb dude.

Dude if I struggled with 2 plates I’d stay the fuck home

To some, powerlifting can be similar to running a mini marathon. Some just want something to train for and to participate with friends. It's not really a competition to them - and honestly, I don't think it's a competition to most.

To some, powerlifting can be similar to running a mini marathon. Some just want something to train for and to participate with friends. It's not really a competition to them - and honestly, I don't think it's a competition to most.
You’re right. The outliers are usually the ringers at local and regional comps and everyone else knows they don’t have a prayer

Melo and Lawrence are def stronger than an average 185lb dude.
Yup. I think their competing at classic IPF worlds . I would throw in Jessica Beauttner in there too. She has a good chance of taking 1st at IPF worlds assuming she is competing in the open. She's been breaking PRs in the gym. Hopefully it can translate on the stage and is enough for gold.

I didn't deny the fact that genetics played a significant amount of role.
PEDs > Genetics for strength and muscle
Genetics itself can not take you far unless one starts using steroids

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Compare real natural athletes and juiced. You will notice the difference.

You're losing your time and energy trying to convince them, this " genetics " gospel has been Joe Weider's narrative for decades to justify his bodybuilders being natural...
And now here we go with randoms turning into muscle/performance machines in lesser technical strength sports ( namely powerlifting ) that actually requires close to no specific athletic ability but strength, and in a record time..
Didn't you notice the youth/subjunior/junior records are getting more and more ridiculous lately...? And we are talking about sports where people reach their max potential in their late 20's/early 30's..
You can be a world IPF subjunior champ in 2 or 3 years of trainnig nowadays it seems.
As far as I'm concerned , t's certainly not due to human genetics sudden leap in quality, neither can the increase of the pool of people doing power explain this, especially since those " natural but genetically gifted " lifters popping out of nowhere are suddendly gving the eastern europe and forme soviet republics competitors a run for their money ( who we all know are natties AF ) ...
Same as with the Oly Weightlifting in CF, years ago being a 265-330 olympic weightlifter was solid AF for anyone not being a national competitors and nowadays random CF boxes are full of that kind of lifters, who don't even do that much WL.. Same " secrets " suddenly spreading worldwide thanks to the internet I guess :)

@woloo do you think any of these adult male spotters with training experience could outlift these two girls?

I dont have much confidence in these spotters.

Damn shes a beast. Her back is like Big boy from strenght cartel. Impressive

You're losing your time and energy trying to convince them, this " genetics " gospel has been Joe Weider's narrative for decades to justify his bodybuilders being natural...
And now here we go with randoms turning into muscle/performance machines in lesser technical strength sports ( namely powerlifting ) that actually requires close to no specific athletic ability but strength, and in a record time..
Didn't you notice the youth/subjunior/junior records are getting more and more ridiculous lately...? And we are talking about sports where people reach their max potential in their late 20's/early 30's..
You can be a world IPF subjunior champ in 2 or 3 years of trainnig nowadays it seems.
As far as I'm concerned , t's certainly not due to human genetics sudden leap in quality, neither can the increase of the pool of people doing power explain this, especially since those " natural but genetically gifted " lifters popping out of nowhere are suddendly gving the eastern europe and forme soviet republics competitors a run for their money ( who we all know are natties AF ) ...
Same as with the Oly Weightlifting in CF, years ago being a 265-330 olympic weightlifter was solid AF for anyone not being a national competitors and nowadays random CF boxes are full of that kind of lifters, who don't even do that much WL.. Same " secrets " suddenly spreading worldwide thanks to the internet I guess :)

I think we're seeing it in a lot of sports. Internet has played a huge roll. In 2013 when I started Lift for Kids, there was one PL meet in Ottawa. It was held over 2 short days and scrambled to fill spots. I held the first LFK and we had 11 lifters (most of whom were f13ers) in 2013 we had 40 in 2017 (its held in one afternoon, so I can't take more than 40). Jump to 2019 we have a meet almost a couple times every month. These are 2-4 day event and spots are sold out within minutes sometimes. I haven't run LFK since 2017 because everyone's fucking peaking or in "off-season" and couldn't be bothered it lift for fun/charity anymore.

The point is that the increase in popularity of powerlifting is pretty significant and likely contributes heavily to the improved talent pool. There is definitely rampant PED use in sports today. I'm just not convinced that this particular girl would be any less impressive with or without PEDs.

I don't know of any fat females that can bench 335 with such ease at any age. How much can Becca Swanson bench unsuited?

Regardless, this is phenomenal for a teenage girl and we should channel her talent to finally winning a weightlifting gold.
Yeah let's up celebrate a drugged 15 year old and Becca is on enough drugs to kills a horse

I think we're seeing it in a lot of sports. Internet has played a huge roll. In 2013 when I started Lift for Kids, there was one PL meet in Ottawa. It was held over 2 short days and scrambled to fill spots. I held the first LFK and we had 11 lifters (most of whom were f13ers) in 2013 we had 40 in 2017 (its held in one afternoon, so I can't take more than 40). Jump to 2019 we have a meet almost a couple times every month. These are 2-4 day event and spots are sold out within minutes sometimes. I haven't run LFK since 2017 because everyone's fucking peaking or in "off-season" and couldn't be bothered it lift for fun/charity anymore.

The point is that the increase in popularity of powerlifting is pretty significant and likely contributes heavily to the improved talent pool. There is definitely rampant PED use in sports today. I'm just not convinced that this particular girl would be any less impressive with or without PEDs.
Your delusional if you think PEDs aren't playing a huge role, the internet has created easy access to PEDs , right now I can simply order huge cycles on my phone.

Yeah let's up celebrate a drugged 15 year old and Becca is on enough drugs to kills a horse

Did Reeves fail her drug test from nationals? She was tested in the 3 meets prior and passed all of those. Not trying to be cruel here, but she is a monster in every sense of the word. I could definitely see her being strong without PEDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back