Machida will derail the Wiedman hype and his bandwagon will be once again at 3

??? Not a single thing I said is in reference to Silva versus Weidman or your peanut of a brain. They should have a caveman section of this website for people who want to argue over who's fictional father figure is the toughest. Sometimes I forget that everyone isn't lucky enough to have an education.

The guy didn't even read your post. He is just keeping it real. Real dumb.

Weidman does not have to take Machida down to win. I would bet that his camp looked at the Machida/Shogun II fight and saw how to beat Lyoto "if" Chris can't get him down.

Walk him down, cut off the cage, don't charge in, get him back pedalling and make it a boxing match. Also, watch the knee up the middle and head movement. I think Chris has the power to catch Machida, drop him and pound him out.

That being said, Machida can win a decision but remember how decisions go for the champs. Lyoto could maybe get a tko but not likely. Should be a great fight, can't wait.

Weidman will remain champion and we will be shocked how easy he dismantles Machida.

??? Not a single thing I said is in reference to Silva versus Weidman or your peanut of a brain. They should have a caveman section of this website for people who want to argue over who's fictional father figure is the toughest. Sometimes I forget that everyone isn't lucky enough to have an education.

Lol. It was one example towards your argument (that "styles make fights and no fighter is actually better than another"). You possess the reading comprehension of a true simpleton.

Weidman does not have to take Machida down to win. I would bet that his camp looked at the Machida/Shogun II fight and saw how to beat Lyoto "if" Chris can't get him down.

Walk him down, cut off the cage, don't charge in, get him back pedalling and make it a boxing match. Also, watch the knee up the middle and head movement. I think Chris has the power to catch Machida, drop him and pound him out.

That being said, Machida can win a decision but remember how decisions go for the champs. Lyoto could maybe get a tko but not likely. Should be a great fight, can't wait.

One thing that is still unknown about Chris is how long he can last in a five round fight. The longest he's gone is three rounds, and against Demian Maia he looked pretty tired.

I agree Weidman can hurt Machida very badly, he is super strong and it seems like he hits very hard and has a great fight IQ.

But Machida is in GREAT shape, he is super fast and has really good cardio for five rounds. I think on the feet Machida dances around Weidman quite well, but we'll see.

I also agree in that I can only see Machida winning a decision, for some reason I can't see him finishing Weidman, The Chris seems very very skilled and tough, breaking Anderson's leg on his knee like that makes him seem super tough.

Lol. It was one example towards your argument (that "styles make fights and no fighter is actually better than another"). You possess the reading comprehension of a true simpleton.

That's not what he said at all. Sometimes styles do make fights.

I don't see how anyone but a fanboy can say the fight will be one sided. Both fighters are very talented and have a solid chance of beat one another.

I think if Machida can maintain distance, he wins.

Chris wins if he can close the distance and get his hands on him. I think most of his success will come from clinch work.

Machida is more of a hype job than Weidman if anything.

Machida era bruh

This, Machida has been hyped up and been derailed multiple times, Weidman will derail the Machida hype train again. Honestly I hate when established fighters are called hype, I think that should be reserved for unproven fighters but if TS thinks Weidman is hype Machida most certainly is.

I don't see how anyone but a fanboy can say the fight will be one sided. Both fighters are very talented and have a solid chance of beat one another.

I think if Machida can maintain distance, he wins.

Chris wins if he can close the distance and get his hands on him. I think most of his success will come from clinch work.

I think Chris will have the most success with low kicks, in the clinch and on the ground. This is a very interesting fight because these guys have the best footwork and distance control in their division by far so it will be very interesting to see who has the footwork advantage as they both generally control the distance at which they fight. I think Weidman's mixed rhythm, length and deceptive speed will allow him to control the distance and win the fight.

That's not what he said at all. Sometimes styles do make fights.
It is what he said in essence. Any time you discredit a victorious fighter by citing "his style" and not his ability are you totally disregarding the individual fighters. There are wrestling-based fighters Silva has beaten and those he hasn't. There are wrestling-based fighters Machida has beaten and those he hasn't. While again, there are shreds of truth to styles making fights, but to attest by that philosophy as if it is the be-all-end-all of the fight game is doing a disservice to the fighters who prevail fair and square due to their own skill and training.

members, just like it was before he fought Silva.

Take Machida's advice Weidman and if you have a dream of staying champ "go ahead, go for it, it's Impossible".

Weidman won't be able to take Machida down and would get tooled on the feet, mark my words. Styles makes fights and Weidman bandwagon jumpers aka "noobs" yet haven't not figured this out yet.....
Weidman > Phil Davis > Machida:D

This topic is going to get bump when Weidman beat Machida.

Weidman vs Silva 2 odds was funny as hell as Weidman was still the underdog when he brutally KO Silva in the first fight.
"I knock him out and I am still the underdog?"

Silva fans
"Serious Silva no clown will destroy Weidman in 1 minute in the rematch."

Round 1, Silva got KO, recover and got pounds.
Round 2, a few kicks, then broke his own leg by The Weidman check.:icon_neut

Stylistically, Weidman is going to beat Machida.

Machida always fall when getting pressure.
Shogun 2 KO Machida when Shogun pressure Machida.
Jones pressure Machida and choke him out cold in the 2nd round.
Davis scary cat style even beat Machida as well.:icon_sad:

I like Machida and hope win, but I don't see how he will win. He will only if he don't get taken down.
Weidman has more tools to beat Machida.
Machida has no wrestling and a champion with no wrestling is bound to lose fast.

If Machida can't finish Mousasi, he ain't going to finish Weidman.
Weidman finished the GOAT twice easily and Machida has been finish twice brutally by Shogun and Jones.
Weidman can finish Machida by KO, sub, and also win by decision.
Machida only have one chance of beating Weidman, decision.

I think Chris will have the most success with low kicks, in the clinch and on the ground. This is a very interesting fight because these guys have the best footwork and distance control in their division by far so it will be very interesting to see who has the footwork advantage as they both generally control the distance at which they fight. I think Weidman's mixed rhythm, length and deceptive speed will allow him to control the distance and win the fight.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

EDIT
Side note your AV is awesome.

Better competition like 85 year Couture and Ryan Bader? Sure thing buddy

I'm pretty sure he meant more like:

Moose
The Philippino Wrecking Machine
Henderson
Shogun
Rashad

Oh, not to mention him getting robbed against Mr. Wonderful and Rampage!

I'm pretty sure he meant more like:

Moose
The Philippino Wrecking Machine
Henderson
Shogun
Rashad

Oh, not to mention him getting robbed against Mr. Wonderful and Rampage!

Jesus Christ fanboy. There is not a single legitimate argument for scoring either of the first two rounds for Machida against Rampage. He lost that fight solely due to inactivity. Rampage was the only one fighting for about 13 minutes.

Jesus Christ fanboy. There is not a single legitimate argument for scoring either of the first two rounds for Machida against Rampage. He lost that fight solely due to inactivity. Rampage was the only one fighting for about 13 minutes.

"Fanboy"? LoL!

Says the Brah with a Rampage avatar, and who completely disregards the Phil Davis robbery!

Probably TS. But he'll still always be the man that swatted the spider, and for that, I'll personally remain a fan.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

EDIT
Side note your AV is awesome.

Thanks, I saw that picture a week or so ago and had to make that my new AV. My favorite fighters are generally fighters that are dangerous everywhere and Fedor and Khabib most certainly are.

Probably TS. But he'll still always be the man that swatted the spider, and for that, I'll personally remain a fan.

1st Fight: Spider's clowning backfires.

2nd Fight: Spider gets dazed badly (happens quite a bit in MMA, btw). Recovers. Breaks leg on checked kicked.

How can both those "Ws" NOT have an asterisk next to them!?!

Back