Machida will derail the Wiedman hype and his bandwagon will be once again at 3

I'm pretty sure he meant more like:

Moose
The Philippino Wrecking Machine
Henderson
Shogun
Rashad

Oh, not to mention him getting robbed against Mr. Wonderful and Rampage!

Yeah which I've already answered. And lol at mentioning about being robbed and then list Shogun as a win

"Fanboy"? LoL!

Says the Brah with a Rampage avatar, and who completely disregards the Phil Davis robbery!

Lol, why don't you read between the lines, he likely didn't talk about the Davis fight because he thought Machida won. It's the most likely reason he didn't respond to that part because he agreed with it. Machida and Rampage landed a similar number of shots over the first two rounds which was almost nothing so those rounds had to be scored by other factors other than effective striking as both weren't very effective and landed very few strikes so it came down to octagon control and aggression which Rampage had in rounds 1 & 2.

That fight was scored correctly and Machida has himself to blame for losing it by being way to inactive and reactive in the first 2 rounds.

1st Fight: Spider's clowning backfires.

2nd Fight: Spider gets dazed badly (happens quite a bit in MMA, btw). Recovers. Breaks leg on checked kicked.

How can both those "Ws" NOT have an asterisk next to them!?!

Because Anderson didn't win a single aspect of those fights, he lost the stand up and on the ground in both fights and got dropped in the clinch which is one of his strongest areas.

You don't need an asterisk when he was lucky to make it out of the first rounds both times then got finished not long into the second round.

1st Fight: Spider's clowning backfires.

2nd Fight: Spider gets dazed badly (happens quite a bit in MMA, btw). Recovers. Breaks leg on checked kicked.

How can both those "Ws" NOT have an asterisk next to them!?!

Because Weidman was dominating both fights before the finish. He was never in danger, he never took damage, was never in a bad position, in EITHER FIGHT. It's fucking simple, and if you can't admit that Weidman is the better fighter by now, MMA isn't for you my friend.

Because Anderson didn't win a single aspect of those fights, he lost the stand up and on the ground in both fights and got dropped in the clinch which is one of his strongest areas.

You don't need an asterisk when he was lucky to make it out of the first rounds both times then got finished not long into the second round.

Seriously, Brah?

Both fights combined lasted a total 12.5 +/- minutes of a possible 50 minutes!

That's Major Asterisk Status, Brah!

members, just like it was before he fought Silva.

Take Machida's advice Weidman and if you have a dream of staying champ "go ahead, go for it, it's Impossible".

Weidman won't be able to take Machida down and would get tooled on the feet, mark my words. Styles makes fights and Weidman bandwagon jumpers aka "noobs" yet haven't not figured this out yet.....

A Machida apologist talking about derailing a hype train. Kudos, you've won the ironic post of the century on Sherdog. Your parting gift is in the mail...

It is what he said in essence. Any time you discredit a victorious fighter by citing "his style" and not his ability are you totally disregarding the individual fighters. There are wrestling-based fighters Silva has beaten and those he hasn't. There are wrestling-based fighters Machida has beaten and those he hasn't. While again, there are shreds of truth to styles making fights, but to attest by that philosophy as if it is the be-all-end-all of the fight game is doing a disservice to the fighters who prevail fair and square due to their own skill and training.

The Dragon is a different style of fighter than The Spider.

That is not discrediting Weidman in any way. It's simply the truth.

Now Weidman will probably beat Machida, but that doesn't change the fact that Machida is a totally different fighter from Anderson, nor does it change the fact that styles make fights.

A glimpse into the future...

Champion-Lyoto-Machida-In-Conference.jpg

The Dragon is a different style of fighter than The Spider.

That is not discrediting Weidman in any way. It's simply the truth.

Now Weidman will probably beat Machida, but that doesn't change the fact that Machida is a totally different fighter from Anderson, nor does it change the fact that styles make fights.

I wouldn't say totally different, they are both right handed southpaws that are strikers and prefer to counter strike and tend to have low work rates. There are differences though like Machida has better footwork, moves more and is better at leading but having fought Anderson twice is a great way to prepare for Machida as there aren't many guys at MW that are more similar to him than Anderson.

weedman will not be able to take machida down. his striking is not as good as machida. weedman's going to lose.

shit-just-got-real-bert-sesam-street.png

Are you trolling or being sarcastic?

Is this incorrect?

Did not both fights last less than 3 rounds combined of a possible 10 rounds???

If I recall correctly, Weidman came out in the 2nd Round of their first fight looking gassed, or at the very least extremely tentative.

3 rounds out of a possible 10.

First KO the product of Spider's excessive clowning...

2nd fight...the man broke his leg, what more can you say about that?

Machida has defeated guys like Rashad, Thiago, Bader, Henderson and who besides 2 lucky/fluke wins vs Silva has Weidman beat? Munoz who wasnt good enough to compete against the best at MW so he had to drop down? or Maia who wouldnt even be a top MW if he fought there now? Be real dude, Machida has accomplished more, Facts.

He defeated Henderson? He won a decision running away and occasionally throwing flurries. Speaking of not being able to compete so dropping a weight class.... you are talking about Machida. Since 2010 Machida's record at LHW was 3-4...... So he had to drop to 185 and now the hype train is back for him.

I wouldn't say totally different, they are both right handed southpaws that are strikers and prefer to counter strike and tend to have low work rates. There are differences though like Machida has better footwork, moves more and is better at leading but having fought Anderson twice is a great way to prepare for Machida as there aren't many guys at MW that are more similar to him than Anderson.

Yeah true.

One thing you hear is Machida has better takedown defense than Anderson. While I think this is true, I am not sure if it is so much better that Weidman won't be able to take him down. For sure Weidman will get Machida down in this fight, in my opinion, we just gotta see what both fighters do with what happens.

Is this incorrect?

Did not both fights last less than 3 rounds combined of a possible 10 rounds???

If I recall correctly, Weidman came out in the 2nd Round of their first fight looking gassed, or at the very least extremely tentative.

3 rounds out of a possible 10.

First KO the product of Spider's excessive clowning...

2nd fight...the man broke his leg, what more can you say about that?

What... Weidman has won every round against Silva in both fights.... Enough said.

Better competition like 85 year Couture and Ryan Bader? Sure thing buddy

Like Jones, Moose, Davis, Rampage, Hendo, Shogun, Evans...

What more you need... The sure thing is that you count out Machida, maybe because you dislike him or because you love Weidman, no problem, but get more objective on this one don't you..

Last edited:
Like Jones, Moose, Davis, Rampage, Hendo, Shogun, Evans...

What more you need... The sure thing is that you count out Machida, maybe because you dislike him or because you love Weidman, no problem, but get more objective on this one don't you..

This post is hilarious for a number of reason. Don't speak about being objective you twat

should be a good fight, im goin with machida

Back