Machida will derail the Wiedman hype and his bandwagon will be once again at 3

the whole "styles makes fight" thing is stupid and hopefully will be gone in the future

youd think world class elite fighters would know enough of every fighting technique to avoid getting fucked up by one particular "style" of fighting

Idiot of the day.

great post
really contributing
really making a big point
not at all a completely fucking useless post,resorting to personal attacks for no other reason than to instigate

Of course it's to instigate. You shouldn't be on the forum if you are that mind numbingly stupid regarding the fight game. Please go away.

People seem to forget that Weidman is still honing his skills and has a really good team for game planning and drilling stuff into his head (just look at the second Silva fight, Ray Longo hated how many of Silva's kicks Weidman ate in the first bout so they drilled his defense till it was almost natural for him to check the kicks, which ended up winning him the fight.)

People also underestimate his power, he dropped Silva twice with punches despite Silva apparently having a great chin.

Machida is a great fighter, but so far he's had 1 good fight at 185.

Of course it's to instigate. You shouldn't be on the forum if you are that mind numbingly stupid regarding the fight game. Please go away.

are all of your 2k posts filled with no actual content other than rage, insults and hate?

anyways i dont think ill reply to you again machida fanboy
pce

Machida wins this easy. Machida is faster, stronger, better endurance, better skill set and is just the better fighter.

Weidman had a lot of hype after beating Anderson the first time.

But since then, he's proven to be legit. Not hype at this point (for the most part)

A lot of fans still have questions, and rightly so, because he's only fought Anderson at this point. People want to see different match ups because styles make fights.

But I have no doubt whatsoever once he loses, his fanbase will drop off dramatically.

It's hardly hype, but yeah. I'm hoping for the Dragon to pull off the win in stellar fashion -- that his friend and fellow countryman was beaten by Weidman twice would kind of make the win that much sweeter. Even if he won't play along with the whole vengeance theme, we all know it's there.

soz for 1up.. ;(

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

lol

TS got it backwards. Weidman will be ending the Machida hype.

are all of your 2k posts filled with no actual content other than rage, insults and hate?

anyways i dont think ill reply to you again machida fanboy
pce

Cant stand Machida fights, the same way I can't stand morons.

Weidman proved he is good, but stylistically it will be interesting to say how he pairs up with Machida. Its risky to every say definitively one guy with beat another, but I can see Machida taking a decision vs. Weidman.

Idiot of the day.

Would be you. While there are some grains of truth to the "bad style match" concept for the most part it is used as a cop-out to discredit a victorious fighter. Fighter A may have destroyed fighter B without breaking a sweat but it's not because he's a better fighter, fighter B just has problems with that style. It's a steaming pile of horse manure.

Would be you. While there are some grains of truth to the "bad style match" concept for the most part it is used as a cop-out to discredit a victorious fighter. Fighter A may have destroyed fighter B without breaking a sweat but it's not because he's a better fighter, fighter B just has problems with that style. It's a steaming pile of horse manure.

You can add yourself to the list of fools. You use the term grain's of truth in reference to a term which has lasted as long as the fight game has existed. I could provide hundred's of boxing examples but considering this is an MMA website I'll utilise MMA examples.

A recent example which highlights styles/fights in a clear & concise manner to someone [such as yourself] who uses the term 'grain of truth' would be the Anderson, Sonnen, Maia triangle. Lets call them A, S & M.

Fighter A has elite level striking, average TDD & strong defensive BJJ. Fighter S has elite level takedowns, poor BJJ & Average to below average striking. Fighter M has Average TD's, Average striking & elite level BJJ & Grappling.

Fighter A [Anderson] has little worries versus fighter M [Maia] - Maia doesn't possess the striking to threaten him, nor does he possess the takedowns to alter the stand-up game.

Fighter S [Sonnen] Doesn't possess the striking but he does however possess the elite level TD's to nullify fighter A's attack, win rounds & open his own striking.

Even though A is a more dominant fighter than Fighter M - Fighter S actually has far more trouble with fighter M [Maia].

Whilst fighter M doesn't possess dangerous striking, nor does he have elite TD's - He does possess strong grappling [Judo]. The methodology for fighter S to win a fight is via the takedown, but by attempting to takedown fighter M he is also walking into his biggest danger. Grappling & BJJ. When you factor in fighter S having poor BJJ - The end result is a quick sub.

To ignore styles in fights is to ignore the existence of strength's and weaknesses. Every single fighter has them & there isn't enough time in a fighters lifetime to become a top tier elite at everything.

Every fighter has a weakness & there is always someone out there who will have the tools to expose it. It doesn't [ALWAYS] mean said fighter is better. SOMETIMES it is just a bad match-up. Whether that term is overused or not is another story.

Last edited:
You can add yourself to the list of fools. You use the term grain's of truth in reference to a term which has lasted as long as the fight game has existed. I could provide hundred's of boxing examples but considering this is an MMA website I'll utilise MMA examples.

A recent example which highlights styles/fights in a clear & concise manner to someone [such as yourself] who uses the term 'grain of truth' would be the Anderson, Sonnen, Maia triangle. Lets call them A, S & M.

Fighter A has elite level striking, average TDD & strong defensive BJJ. Fighter S has elite level takedowns, poor BJJ & Average to below average striking. Fighter M has Average TD's, Average striking & elite level BJJ & Grappling.

Fighter A [Anderson] has little worries versus fighter M [Maia] - Maia doesn't possess the striking to threaten him, nor does he possess the takedowns to alter the stand-up game.

Fighter S [Sonnen] Doesn't possess the striking but he does however possess the elite level TD's to nullify fighter A's attack, win rounds & open his own striking.

Even though A is a more dominant fighter than Fighter M - Fighter S actually has far more trouble with fighter M [Maia].

Whilst fighter M doesn't possess dangerous striking, nor does he have elite TD's - He does possess strong grappling [Judo]. The methodology for fighter S to win a fight is via the takedown, but by attempting to takedown fighter M he is also walking into his biggest danger. Grappling & BJJ. When you factor in fighter S having poor BJJ - The end result is a quick sub.

To ignore styles in fights is to ignore the existence of strength's and weaknesses. Every single fighter has them & there isn't enough time in a fighters lifetime to become a top tier elite at everything.

Every fighter has a weakness & there is always someone out there who will have the tools to expose it. It doesn't [ALWAYS] mean said fighter is better. SOMETIMES it is just a bad match-up. Whether that term is overused or not is another story.

Far, far too much to read but yeah, Weidman beat Silva on account of being a better fighter in 2013. Not because he's a rassler. You simpleton fool.

I see your point and imma let you finish but your not the first person to say this please go on about your business

Far, far too much to read but yeah, Weidman beat Silva on account of being a better fighter in 2013. Not because he's a rassler. You simpleton fool.

??? Not a single thing I said is in reference to Silva versus Weidman or your peanut of a brain. They should have a caveman section of this website for people who want to argue over who's fictional father figure is the toughest. Sometimes I forget that everyone isn't lucky enough to have an education.

Back