Lombard is sooo overrated

I totally agree wrt the hooks. I feel that technical strikers will win almost every day as these guys only have a puncher's chance. Unfortunately one example, aside from Silva and aldo, is Homminick and he got blasted by Yagin...

i don't think Lombard is overrated, i think he's very dangerous as his power is nasty!!! That being said, i do think there are fighters that are more skilled and diverse than him. Like Bisping, Belcher, Weidman, Munoz etc.etc. BUT i do like him having decent odds against all of them because there going to have to survive an onslaught of vicious bombs to get the W.

Mousasi dominated him on the ground.

Lombard was new and barely trained While yes mousasi was a youngster but still had a professional camp also when Lombard signed to fight the japanese promoter said we have a fight for you and easy one. Lombard was pissed once he found out it was mousasi Lombard only had 2 weeks to train, that's why Lombard hates pride thinking japanese promoters are all cheats both Mousasi and Lombard are complete different fighters now Mousasis stand up was horrible back then.

He is a top 10 MW easily, not sure how he is overrated. TS seems to think that Bisping will beat him easily since bisping is the fighter he described in the op. Ive never thought lombard could beat silva but i am sure he has some great fights at MW and WW if he decides to move down.

bisping would get beat up

I thought so to until his last fight, he clearly is a top 10 mw maybe even a top 5. Mw is a really weak divison so yeah.... i dont think he will beat silva thought

For a midget he is tough but wasn't so tough when I kicked his ass for an hour.

1339523911435.gif

I totally agree, I think he's too small for the division too. I could have sworn I saw him in MTL during the summer and theres no way he was 5'9"n definitely an overstatement.

Is poor little Lombard the victim in this situation? I can't feel sorry for a known bully when runs into a bigger guy and gets bullied himself.

And Barnett is known for his kindness and truth in his stories :rolleyes:

I don't know where you've been hiding all this time, but I hope you're going to start posting here regularly. We need a few more fighters to liven things up.

I don't get the hype about this guy, some even went so far and put him in the title mix. Lombard is dangerous in the pocket, he throws some powerful wild hooks but he has no footwork, kicks, no set up or combinations to get inside, he,s flatfooted. Anybody with a decent footwork, low kicks and a jab would pick this guy apart easily.
And please don't talk about silva vs lombard, it would be embarrassing, silva would toy with this dude

His style is interesting, I want to see how it works out against stronger opponents. He conserves allot of energy, and really just baby steps his way in. We will see. I do think we tend to hype fighters though.

your such a gym Bully but really how do you feel getting beat by by a 5 ft 9 middleweight

I know Lombard's your dude and all. Don't get me wrong, he's an exciting fighter. But he's also known to be a jerk. When the day comes that Anderson finally gets beat, I won't be mad if the guy showboats and clowns on Anderson. He's my favorite fighter, but as a man, its not as if he won't deserve it.

Lombard was new and barely trained While yes mousasi was a youngster but still had a professional camp also when Lombard signed to fight the japanese promoter said we have a fight for you and easy one. Lombard was pissed once he found out it was mousasi Lombard only had 2 weeks to train, that's why Lombard hates pride thinking japanese promoters are all cheats both Mousasi and Lombard are complete different fighters now Mousasis stand up was horrible back then.

I don't think Lombards ground game has improved much since then. Mousasi was coming off a sub loss to Gono too.

But yeah, Gegards stand up wasn't too great. I really hope to see him in the ufc next year. Would be an exciting rematch.

I know Lombard's your dude and all. Don't get me wrong, he's an exciting fighter. But he's also known to be a jerk. When the day comes that Anderson finally gets beat, I won't be mad if the guy showboats and clowns on Anderson. He's my favorite fighter, but as a man, its not as if he won't deserve it.

Anderson and Lombard are my favorite fighters Ive met Lombard nice Bloke but yes is known for going hard in training.

I think he has a lot of raw talent....but he needs a few more fights b4 he will be top 10 IMHO!

I don't think Lombards ground game has improved much since then. Mousasi was coming off a sub loss to Gono too.

But yeah, Gegards stand up wasn't too great. I really hope to see him in the ufc next year. Would be an exciting rematch.

Of-course its improved he got his Blackbelt in BJJ a few years ago.

I think he's underrated, he was robbed of the decision in that Boetsch fight where Boetsch essentially used Condit's bullshit gameplan from the Diaz fight.

As far as I'm concerned Lombard hasn't lost since 2006 (Mousasi). And even that was a decision. He's never been finished.

He has endless knockouts, and knows submissions too (won by heelhook).

What more do you people want?!?

Back